OFFICIAL: Ibrahimovic leaves Man Utd | Club confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Scoring 20+ goals in the hardest league in the world at 36 is extremely impressive. Looking back at how many "easy" misses he had in some games also, he could have been on so many more!

Will forever remember him fondly, what a great cameo season he had. It's the right time for him to leave though, we have to move on and so does he.

Hoboman

Despite his age, had a very good season. We definately need more big personalities like him.

Varun

Staff
He'd have gone down as a cult hero if he'd spent even 4yrs of his peak with us. What a player, what a personality

Josh 76

I wasn't too sure when we first signed him, but was awesome that year.
But I have to say, when we signed him again this season, it was probably the most ridiculous signing I can think of considering his age, injury and wages. Maybe it was the first sign of Mourhinos melt down.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Farewell big man :( I wish we had him in his peak, I don't care that he was only here for a short period, he is one my favorites to have ever played the game and I wish him all the best in LA. America ain't ready for Zlatan :keano:

Penalty

Sad to hear he is leaving Europe but it doesn't surprise me. There is still a minimal chance for him to participate in the WC and playing frequently in MLS will improve his chances. Hopefully this will also make him end his career in a good way rather then having it spoilt with injury and recovery.

One of the very best ever in his position and very unique both on and off the pitch. I wish him the best and hope he will be fully recovered to show them what an incredible player he still is.

Can't wait to see what the future will bring. Maybe a Hollywood career? He has mentioned things like this before.

Reactions: Penna

Bestietom

Best of luck to him, but big wages paid to Sanchez now, could cause a headache for who we sign.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Absolutley ridiculous the club resigned him in the summer. What a total waste of money.

He was good in his first season, should have left it at that. Can't say I will miss him.
They took a risk and it backfired. Few months of contract won't bankrupt us. After all we had a fat slob who did feck all (apart from scoring a penalty in the CL Final) for 8 years.

Marcky411

Sad to see him go, great personality, great athlete/footballer and leader but we all knew it was inevitable.

Minimalist

He's gone and ruined his Wikipedia page:

What a player and personality though, loved having him here.
Pretty much all retired players have their timelines looking like that (sparse appearances towards the end).

kotha

Farewell Zlatan!! Good luck to him at LA..

What a player.. Too bad we couldn't get him sooner..

cyril C

Finally freeing up some wages
I recall his basic wage is very low, something like 1X0K a week, with appearance fee and other bonus making up the gap. Since he hardly starts, so we have been saving money all along.

Acole9

Outstanding
He can tell the FA to do one as well over the whole betting company sponsorship thing.

poleglass red

Good luck to him. I wasn't a huge fan of his to be honest, but I appreciate many were. Huge personality and I wish him good luck.

meamth

I wonder what a prime Zlatan just before he went to PSG will do to a club like us... Amazing player. Good luck Zlatan!!

The red panther

princess transfer emo
They took a risk and it backfired. Few months of contract won't bankrupt us. After all we had a fat slob who did feck all (apart from scoring a penalty in the CL Final) for 8 years.
So carrying around a deadwood player on a huge wage justifies carrying around more deadwood players ?

I agree it won't bankrupt us but the decision to renew for 1 year was stupid from the start given the fact that he was going to be injurred for most of the season, is already 36 and we signed his replacement already in Lukaku. To renew a player on such a high wage seemed unnecessary and ultimatley a waste, which it was. And yes Rooney on super high wages for such a long time, Ando who has been here for way too long whilst doing nothing, it are all examples from this clubs bad management.

devilish

So carrying around a deadwood player on a huge wage justifies carrying around more deadwood players ?

I agree it won't bankrupt us but the decision to renew for 1 year was stupid from the start given the fact that he was going to be injurred for most of the season, is already 36 and we signed his replacement already in Lukaku. To renew a player on such a high wage seemed unnecessary and ultimatley a waste, which it was. And yes Rooney on super high wages for such a long time, Ando who has been here for way too long whilst doing nothing, it are all examples from this clubs bad management.
He was one of our best players last season and we did released him after his former contract ended only to sign him back when we thought he's fully fit. Comeon it was only for a couple of months.

We had dead wood staying for a lot longer :cough: Ando :cough:. BTW have you heard the rumour that Michael Carrick is still playing football?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He was one of our best players last season and we did released him after his former contract ended only to sign him back when we thought he's fully fit. Comeon it was only for a couple of months.

We had dead wood staying for a lot longer :cough: Ando :cough:. BTW have you heard the rumour that Michael Carrick is still playing football?
Carrick another fine example of this club wasting money. Should have retired last year, looked well and truely past it and had nothing to offer us, what do we do renew his contract for a year.

It is just more examples of this club carrying Deadwood and paying them topdollar.

Rashford2good

He came and he conquered. Such a shame we didn't get him a couple of years younger, was an immense presence on the pitch, great character and a one off. Thank you for the memories.

devilish

Carrick another fine example of this club wasting money. Should have retired last year, looked well and truely past it and had nothing to offer us, what do we do renew his contract for a year.

It is just more examples of this club carrying Deadwood and paying them topdollar.
I agree. You can add Gaz, Giggs, Rooney and Keane to it, although Ando takes the biscuit. At the least the former were legends who bled for our team. Ando was largely useless throughout his entire career.

We took the risk with Ibra and it backfired. Its not nice but its ok.

Deleted member 101472

Will do absolutely nothing on the field at LA Galaxy. He’s in for a shock if he thinks he’ll be the best player in that league.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I am really going to miss him. Total professional and am willing to bet he knows he can't recapture what he had after such and injury and didn't feel it right for him to say (bit like Gary Nev's retirement)

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
It’s a damn shame he wasn’t able to recover and play a few more games for us, he was immensely important last season and I’m glad - even with hindsight - to have taken the gamble on the big man. Half a year’s wages who cares not me nope.

Good luck to him.

red_john

Only good memories of this guy. Pitty he didn't come a few years ago. Great character and leader.

el3mel

Enjoy your retirement ride in USA, big man, you really earned it after such a career.

Status
Not open for further replies.