OFFICIAL: Raphael Varane is now a Manchester United player | Wears #19

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That meme better be true. I don't want to hear anything about earning your place. 14 trophies in 14 finals should be sufficient.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It was officially done yesterday but we didn't announce it just so we can do it in Old Trafford today. I'm sure of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was officially done yesterday but we didn't announce it just so we can do it in Old Trafford today. I'm sure of it.
it’s probably been done all week but we’ve just been stringing the press along all this time.

Romano said he’s been training and contract has been signed for days. Glad the club did too, this was so much more impressive than just a silly twitter video.

Bet he feels absolutely mega after that unveiling.

Dante

Average bang
Varane has been doing all the right things since he signed.

His positivity around United, our traditions and our players has been brilliant to see. I love the fact he isn't here just for the wage.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That has to be a joke...

People might say Jones gets a lot of abuse but frankly, if someone paid me that much and I barely did my main job, I'd happily take one for the team.

And also, we've had our number 9 give his shirt away previously and the difference between Jones and Varane is way bigger than back then.

Idxomer

Phil Jones will own the club one day, have some respect Raphael.

Blood Mage

It's only a shirt number ffs. No need for Luckhurst to report that and direct more abuse Jones' way.

Giggsy13

Great job Luckhurst directing even more abuse to Jones.
TBF, Jones did it to himself. The graceful thing to do would have been to hand the #4 over
To Varane. Jones is our 5th choice CB, can’t stay healthy and been earning a nice living sitting at home.

littleman

Jones is still going to be with us until 2023. I don't know who decides these contracts. I think over the last 5 seasons he's played maybe 1 or 1.5 seasons worth of games.

Infra-red

That Varane thread was utterly pathetic. All the people moaning about the fact he hadn't been announced on Thursday/Friday would surely now accept that being unveiled on the pitch, on the opening day of the season, in front of 75k fans, the first packed house in 18 months and the same day that we thrashed our hated rivals, was by far the best outcome. Indeed, it is hard to conceive of a better unveiling/announcement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
TBF, Jones did it to himself. The graceful thing to do would have been to hand the #4 over
To Varane. Jones is our 5th choice CB, can’t stay healthy and been earning a nice living sitting at home.
Stupid attitude that.

Jones has had injuries, he's not been thrown away by the club - he has his rights to stick to the number he's had for 10 years.

He will probably be gone by next year anyway, then Varane can take it.

BarstoolProphet

That Varane thread was utterly pathetic. All the people moaning about the fact he hadn't been announced on Thursday/Friday would surely now accept that being unveiled on the pitch, on the opening day of the season, in front of 75k fans, the first packed house in 18 months and the same day that we thrashed our hated rivals, was by far the best outcome. Indeed, it is hard to conceive of a better unveiling/announcement.

Agree. Shouldn't underestimate the effect that had on crowd/team. I was buzzing even more after that.

Red00012

I’m sure there is people moaning still it was done before the game

Giggsy13

Stupid attitude that.

Jones has had injuries, he's not been thrown away by the club - he has his rights to stick to the number he's had for 10 years.

He will probably be gone by next year anyway, then Varane can take it.
You mean stupid by Phil Jones? Yes you’re right.