Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
He looks a super talent Collins. He is the type of player you could Fergie signing but since Fergie left we don't make those signings anymore.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's a really good game, and we're playing well, especially considering the changes.

We're traditionally poor when ahead, so let's see how we manage the second half. We need to keep the intensity and bite up.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Great half. Midfield three of Cullen, Molumby and Knight so important to this style of football. You can argue that Collins is among the best young centre-backs in Europe right now.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Great half. Midfield three of Cullen, Molumby and Knight so important to this style of football. You can argue that Collins is among the best young centre-backs in Europe right now.
Delighted Molumby is showing what he can do, he was a pleasure to watch U21.

Knight gets better, he gets rave reviews for Derby but I've not seen him play for them.

KiD MoYeS

We just don't do leads, do we? Regardless of manager or style of football.

A good game so far. An interesting point I've seen is how much better Collins is to Duffy in the centre of the back three as he is much more comfortable coming out from the back.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ukraine don't even exist anyway.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We just don't do leads, do we? Regardless of manager or style of football.

A good game so far. An interesting point I've seen is how much better Collins is to Duffy in the centre of the back three as he is much more comfortable coming out from the back.
We never have.

Yeah Collins looks at home as the lynch pin.

KiD MoYeS

Good night at the office. Much better second half of the international break to the first. We'll at least match England's achievements at the upcoming world cup.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
United could do a lot worse than signing Nathan Collins

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Parrott bagged for fun in our youth setup scoring a vast array of goals, I did expect a bit more from him by this point but 20 is still young and watching his interviews it seems something clicked for him halfway through his MK Dons loan. My main question mark over him was whether he had the sharpness/mobility to make it at the top level as his technique and general ability are definitely there. It'll be good to see him get a go in pre-season under Conte before we make a decision on him - I suspect a Champ loan is the most likely outcome however.
Link him up with Obafemi at Swansea

Brophs

The One and Only
Collins would get on our starting eleven.
I like him a lot but he’s not there yet. He’s still developing his game and the lapses and positional issues he’s working out of his game - as is the case with all young players - would be highlighted so much more at a club like United. He just needs to play lots of games over the next season or two and see where it brings him. Personally, I don’t think it’d be the end of the world to see him be Burnley’s main CB in the Championship under Kompany for a season.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well that's Collins in as a starter. Him plus 2. If every little international break nails down one place, that's progress. He's a great prospect but agree that another year under Vincent in the Championship is perfectly acceptable.

Wayne's World

If we bought Nathan Collins he'd be our 2nd best CB behind Varane.

If he continues to develop he'll be a monster, love the way he steps up in defence and is proactive in his timing and decision making.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He looks a super talent Collins. He is the type of player you could Fergie signing but since Fergie left we don't make those signings anymore.
Yep, I thought the same.
We tried to sign him when he was still at Stoke. The one and only ITK fact I ever got hold of (his da is a coach at my son’s club) Staying put worked out great for his career so far. I hope we’re still interested.

lsd

The Oracle
We tried to sign him when he was still at Stoke. The one and only ITK fact I ever got hold of (his da is a coach at my son’s club) Staying put worked out great for his career so far. I hope we’re still interested.

Was his dad not at Liverpool? Wonder if he is a fan

Bojan Djordjic

Apparently we tried to sign him when he was still at Stoke. I think we should try again. The sky’s the limit for him. I’d say him and the two keepers (especially Bazunu) are the biggest talents playing for the Irish senior team now.
Injuries permitting I’d add Omobamidele who looks like a really good footballer as well as a good defender.

Bojan Djordjic

Parrot praising the almighty god after his goal was something else. Infuriating when I see players doing that for the camera. Keep your praying for the privacy of the dressing room if you want to do it. I don't believe for a second it's done for more than the cameras.
Especially when he seems to spend a lot of time hanging around Kinahan scrotes like Liam Byrne’s son. Not sure if the Lord would approve what those lads get up to.

BerryBerryShrew

Obafemi is a talent but his unwillingness to move beyond walking pace off the ball was infuriating. He makes Ronaldo look like an enthusiastic presser. Ogbene definitely offers more.

Also only just noticed tonight that Nathan Collins, in addition to being the thinking man's Beckenbauer, is a conspicuously good looking guy. Resembles Chris Hemsworth. Yet another reason for United to rue not signing him.

AaronRedDevil

If only we had this manager in the Roy Keane era. Could have won the WC :(. We are seriously playing some good football with a lot of shite players. No more long ball crap.

lsd

The Oracle
Obafemi is a talent but his unwillingness to move beyond walking pace off the ball was infuriating. He makes Ronaldo look like an enthusiastic presser. Ogbene definitely offers more.

Also only just noticed tonight that Nathan Collins, in addition to being the thinking man's Beckenbauer, is a conspicuously good looking guy. Resembles Chris Hemsworth. Yet another reason for United to rue not signing him.

Hopefully we are looking at Collins with a view to going in for him in the future likewise the Irish keeper

BerryBerryShrew

If only we had this manager in the Roy Keane era. Could have won the WC :(. We are seriously playing some good football with a lot of shite players. No more long ball crap.
Ya man for man Scotland have a far better side than we do yet we're proving a fair match for them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It’s been a cracking match. So much quality football. Considering the absolute shite these teams have served up over the years it’s a. encouraging evening for both Ireland and Scotland.
I'm not watching but I refuse to believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.