Ole anger with Lingard

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Has anybody mentioned yet that Jesses Beans "Song" is basically a cover of Company Flows Vital Nerve?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I can’t remember watching vids of footballers bragging about shagging and being general bellends and promoting those videos to kids when I was younger.

What a silly fool I am, where’s my elbow
In the wonderful past football was full of booze, drugs, corruption, racism, prostitutes, violence, etc. In general footballers behaved far more appallingly 30+ years ago than today, the things they got up to wouldn’t be tolerated in today’s game. And now everyone on here is getting worked up about a group of 20 year old males humping pillows whilst on vacation?! Give over..

OL29

Apart from the Daily Fail article, is there any other news agency reporting this? Because otherwise this is 15+ pages of something people simply wish was true.

Which is even more sad when the supposed immaturity isn't even the actual problem people have with Lingard. I wish people would focus on their actual grievances as opposed to trumped-up vehicles with which to spew hate, which is what this thread is.

If you would overlook this kind of behaviour from Beckham or Giggs (people overlooked far worse with Giggs), there is no remotely good, logical reason for you to criticise Lingard. People acting as if he was more quiet he would somehow automatically be a better player. Bloody hell.
Good post.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
In the wonderful past football was full of booze, drugs, corruption, racism, prostitutes, violence, etc. In general footballers behaved far more appallingly 30+ years ago than today, the things they got up to wouldn’t be tolerated in today’s game. And now everyone on here is getting worked up about a group of 20 year old males humping pillows whilst on vacation?! Give over..
Do you not understand social media and times changing. None of that you mention was broadcast daily to the masses by the actual person himself.

Personally I think it’s different, as a kid I seen lee sharpe for example in a match magazine and playing football, he wasn’t videoing His benders to show me.

Whatever, if you feel the need to tell me to giveover

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do you not understand social media and times changing. None of that you mention was broadcast daily to the masses by the actual person himself.

Personally I think it’s different, as a kid I seen lee sharpe for example in a match magazine and playing football, he wasn’t videoing His benders to show me.

Put your phone down and go for a walk.

Rams

What does it matter? Jesse Lingard has hardly shot somebody? Acting like a 2 year old on social media isn’t a crime. He’s not running for Prime Minister, he kicks a ball about for a living. Its hardly going to effect his physical performance as a sportsperson. Boris Johnson on the other hand..

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Acting like a 2 year old on social media isn’t a crime. Its hardly going to effect his physical performance as a sportsperson.
It may well not.

But can you definitively say it doesn't? Not the posting of videos, obviously. But does it say anything about his general character? And would that, maybe, effect his performance?

Personally, I see Lingard as a bit of a class clown - we've all known those. While they can be good lads, they generally aren't the top performers in the class, middle to low at best.

They're certainly not the ones you'd look to if you were part of a team looking for people to take a step up. They're generally the ones you'd sacrifice.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm sure it would annoy me less if he wasn't shite but Lingard has gotten more and more annoying over time. Someone else said it here, it sadly looks like he's bringing Rashford down to his level. Lingard has far too much influence and is a bad seed.

Inter Yer Nan

Who's the biggest joker?

I think I will take that. I'm always up to no good, messing about. I like to put smiles on people's faces. It's not really pranks, it's more having a laugh, taking the mickey out of people…hanging people's clothes up on the roof if they have bad 'garms'.

Never nominate yourself as the funniest.

Who's the best dancer?

I might take that crown. Paul is up there as well, we like to dance in the dressing room. I like to body pop.

Makes so much sense.

Why do you call him beans?

Something just triggered one day just to call him Beans. I started calling him Rash beans, or bean sprout. I don't know why, honestly. He doesn't answer to Rashy. He'll call me Jessparagus.

No comment.

Rams

It may well not.

But can you definitively say it doesn't? Not the posting of videos, obviously. But does it say anything about his general character? And would that, maybe, effect his performance?

Personally, I see Lingard as a bit of a class clown - we've all known those. While they can be good lads, they generally aren't the top performers in the class, middle to low at best.

They're certainly not the ones you'd look to if you were part of a team looking for people to take a step up. They're generally the ones you'd sacrifice.
Without knowing the scientific facts on the subject I’m still pretty confident that posting infantile films on social media in your free time has absolutely no impact on ones physical or mental sporting performance. Do I think Lingard looks like a moron? Absolutely! But he can go around posting films of himself twerking his best mate whilst wearing nothing but pink lycra Gucci bicycle shorts for all I care, as long as he performs on the pitch.

Eyepopper

hanging people's clothes up on the roof if they have bad 'garms'.
Yeah, that'd get old very quick.

You've just lost 2-0 to Cardiff and get back to the dressing room to find Lingard, roaring laughing, screaming "beans beans beans" while hanging your underpants off the light shade.

No wonder Pogba and Lukaku want out!

Eyepopper

Without knowing the scientific facts on the subject I’m still pretty confident that posting infantile films on social media in your free time has absolutely no impact on ones physical or mental sporting performance. Do I think Lingard looks like a moron? Absolutely! But he can go around posting films of himself twerking his best mate whilst wearing nothing but pink lycra Gucci bicycle shorts for all I care, as long as he performs on the pitch.
And there's the rub, isn't it?

5 goals last year.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Posts nothing but shitty form workouts on his Snapchat now. Media got to him? Or did Ole get to him?

Eyepopper

He also struggled with injuries off the back of a long World Cup and in a team out of sorts for the most part of the season. Same goes for Rash beans.
All the more reason to maybe be a bit more focused on hitting the ground running this season than building his social media profile with the 12-16 year old demographic.

Compare it to McTominays SM activity, now dont get me wrong, I'm sure Scotts had a laugh in his downtime, but a quick google of his SM updates will show him having a bootcamp in Barcelona and at a high performance conditioning centre in Dubai.

Of the two, I'm sure Lingard has more natural ability. I'm also sure who'd I'd bet will put in better performance come the start of the season.

But hey, at least we'll have Jesse to hang someone's underpants off the lights when we lose and bump out the best dance moves beforehand.

jem

Expected much more backlash for my comment and I seriously appreciate all the positive reactions, but this here just takes the cake in the most flattering way possible!
Hey, credit where it's due - your post summed up my feelings to a tee. Well done!

MrBest

I really do not like Jesse as a player or his social media but it really does not bother me what he does in his spare time. He has been getting so much hate about partying and not training, he is on holiday. He probably should act more like a role model but footballers (most) are really not that smart enough to understand the position they are in. As long as he comes back in shape and is ready to fight for his place in the reserves, that is all that matters.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What does it matter? Jesse Lingard has hardly shot somebody? Acting like a 2 year old on social media isn’t a crime. He’s not running for Prime Minister, he kicks a ball about for a living. Its hardly going to effect his physical performance as a sportsperson. Boris Johnson on the other hand..
I didn’t say otherwise.
My only moan was mainly about him larking about and the shagging and broadcasting to impressionable kids. Shoot me

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All that can be said is if he does get any game time this season he better perform. If he thinks it is bad now, god help him if he is still at United and utter sh*t.

Hawks2008

Who's the biggest joker?

I think I will take that. I'm always up to no good, messing about. I like to put smiles on people's faces. It's not really pranks, it's more having a laugh, taking the mickey out of people…hanging people's clothes up on the roof if they have bad 'garms'.

Never nominate yourself as the funniest.

Who's the best dancer?

I might take that crown. Paul is up there as well, we like to dance in the dressing room. I like to body pop.

Makes so much sense.

Why do you call him beans?

Something just triggered one day just to call him Beans. I started calling him Rash beans, or bean sprout. I don't know why, honestly. He doesn't answer to Rashy. He'll call me Jessparagus.

No comment.
Seems like a massive flog.

DomesticTadpole

Seems like a massive flog.
All work places have somebody who makes them laugh. That is fine if they are in the meantime doing their jobs properly. I wonder if he is happy when he has an awful games and somebody plays a trick on him? He seems happy to take the Michael out of other people for their performances. Wonder if anybody has mentioned to him about win as a team and you lose as a team.

RedorDead21

How Jesse behaves is on the manager. People are who you allow them to be. If Ole is going to 'tolerate' behaviour and settle for punishing it as he has with Jesse.....It's on Ole if it emerges again.

DomesticTadpole

He must be listening to the backlash.

His Instagram story are all of him training.
Yes the other players have been showing them right from the start, now Jesse has realised it might be a good idea. He has probably been training all along, but somebody should have told him to make sure the fans saw it happening.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
All work places have somebody who makes them laugh.
Yes. The distinction though is, laugh (cringe) at them or laugh with them? Most workplaces have both sorts. Which category is JLingZ in? I know which one it is for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

saivet

Posts nothing but shitty form workouts on his Snapchat now. Media got to him? Or did Ole get to him?
That's normal for him. Pretty sure he's posted vids of him working out before, like many other footballers do when on holiday

McUnited

I really do not like Jesse as a player or his social media but it really does not bother me what he does in his spare time. He has been getting so much hate about partying and not training, he is on holiday. He probably should act more like a role model but footballers (most) are really not that smart enough to understand the position they are in. As long as he comes back in shape and is ready to fight for his place in the reserves, that is all that matters.
I don’t think anyone has an issue with partying or going on holiday. The issue is that when you represent a world-renowned brand, you need a certain amount of judgment and social intellect to respect and honour the image portrayed by your organisation. In posting immature and clownish posts for all to see, Lingard shows he lacks awareness of his actions as perceived by the millions who see them.

For those who argue that what he does on holidays is irrelevant as long as he produces on the pitch, I’d ask whether you support the club or whether you simply support the club’s results. If it’s the latter, then you’re right, it matters not a bit what the players do when they’re not on the pitch. But if you care about the professionalism and character of the players that represent the club you support, and if you want them to be role models to the younger generations, then it absolutely does matter how the players conduct themselves off the pitch.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If Ole is genuinely angry with him, why not offer him to West Ham or Leicester in part exchange for Diop or Maddison..?
Kills two birds with one stone.

RedorDead21

I don’t think anyone has an issue with partying or going on holiday. The issue is that when you represent a world-renowned brand, you need a certain amount of judgment and social intellect to respect and honour the image portrayed by your organisation. In posting immature and clownish posts for all to see, Lingard shows he lacks awareness of his actions as perceived by the millions who see them.

For those who argue that what he does on holidays is irrelevant as long as he produces on the pitch, I’d ask whether you support the club or whether you simply support the club’s results. If it’s the latter, then you’re right, it matters not a bit what the players do when they’re not on the pitch. But if you care about the professionalism and character of the players that represent the club you support, and if you want them to be role models to the younger generations, then it absolutely does matter how the players conduct themselves off the pitch.
So we can hold up Giggs as the epitome of how not to be as a human being then!

Craig Ward

We need a squad overhaul, and we have a new manager trying to stamp his identity on the club and install some better "man united" traits within the mentality of the squad.

Perfect time to make an example of Lingard and put him up for sale and not include him in the first team picture.

1) he's average at best
2) he's a negative influence
3) Puts the stamp Ole needs, its his way or out.
4) Will gain the club some credibility as we are an absolute laughing stock at the minute.

Of course, none of this will happen. But its good to have optimism.

Fergie would have sold this clown years ago, both for his footballing ability and his off field behaviour.

We'll See Out There!

Yes the other players have been showing them right from the start, now Jesse has realised it might be a good idea. He has probably been training all along, but somebody should have told him to make sure the fans saw it happening.
100% he's been training all along, but so have all the rest as McT showed and he's not seen the need to act like a feckin 12 year old in some posts. Look, I'm no JLanyardz fan and I like many on here I do not even see him as a decent squad option for where we want to be as a club. But I've seen on here posts about him being a poor example to Beanz (wtf is that nickname btw) but on this issue I have a point.
I see Rashford has plastered himself in tatts of late, now I've got a few myself so I don't hate on him for having them. Lingard hasn't got any tatts so can we assume that perhaps Rashford has a mind of his own and cam make his own decisions based on what he likes himself?

DomesticTadpole

Yes. The distinction though is, laugh (cringe) at them or laugh with them? Most workplaces have both sorts. Which category is JLingZ in? I know which one it is for me.
Well yes. I don't get this playing tricks thing. It seems a bloke thing to do. I just find it strange for grown men playing tricks. All rather Enid Blyton public school sort of thing.

jem

I find him incredibly annoying. That being said, the interview from last year (the 'Jessparagus' one,) isn't really that bad. Let's face it, if you take interest in interviews involving anyone not named Mata, Ibra or Roy Keane, then the joke is on you. I mainly just want him gone because he's nowhere near good enough, and it's mind-boggling that he receives the kind of wage that he does (I don't blame him for that, just like I don't blame Rashford for seeking a raise; I just don't think either deserve it.)

MrBest

Disregarding the comments on the cafe, where people have been pretty nice, people have been rioting on his instagram with abuse that he should be training etc.

I hear your point about being professional but players are still human. What was Borris Johnson doing at 25? Gove was taking cocaine, Obama taking weed. These players are young and maybe not have the complete sense yet to understand how they need to behave. I support my club and i care a lot about it but not being bothered too much about a player boasting about sex does not make me any less of a fan of this club. It is what it is, many players have stuff hanging over there heads, rooney with his grannies, Ronaldo with his affairs, Kezman becoming a crack head. Social media blows the situation up to be bigger than it actually is.

I also think the younger generation has a lot more to be concerned about than lingard dry humping a bed. The world change the day parents were given less rights thus less authority to discipline.