Ole anger with Lingard

WireMUFC

Probably before your time, but there used to be an advert on TV for Wodka made in Varrington
Definitely before my time that mate haha I’m in my early 20’s.

Asked my dad about it he remembers them was laughing haha.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
poster boy

Sorry pal but anyone who is in denial of this most obvious drop from his previous standards is just refusing to accept the fact that he was traipsing around the world on his rest days, more intent on promoting his wife’s career when he should be looking after his own. It showed, consistently, as his game suffered for 2.5 seasons. Did ok at Madrid but hardly set the place alight. Stars in his eyes, never recaptured his old form. If he was producing where it counted, Fergie wouldn’t be showing him the door.
sorry but utter nonsense. fergie didn't like the fact he had a famous wife... period

Denis' cuff

sorry but utter nonsense. fergie didn't like the fact he had a famous wife... period
:rolleyes:

You think a man of Alex Ferguson’s standing makes decisions like that? I think he has a little more maturity than you do. Beckham repeatedly defied instructions to rest between games like the rest of the team. It consistently showed in his performances for over two years. We all have our heroes, mate but you really need to get some perspective.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Beckham clearly lost focus in his last 2.5 seasons. Not remotely a mistake by Fergie.
I don't remember him losing any focus.
In fact, I remember him begin the best right sided midfielder in the World, at the time we sold him.

Irwin99

Beckham's penultimate season with us (01-02) was arguably his second best with us if I remember rightly. Got a fair amount of goals that season if I remember correct. There were always things going on his private life but you’d be hard pressed to find a player that covered more ground AND was a genuinely class player.

Lingard on the other hand hasn’t had a single consistently good season for us I would argue. Two decent months in Jose’s second season doesn’t count.

arthurka

They aren't supermodels though ;)
Twiggy was the first right? She is smaller than Robbie also Letitia Casta isn´t taller either. Hell even Kate Moss is the same size. So you are saying it´s built quality that matters not size? ;)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Twiggy was the first right? She is smaller than Robbie also Letitia Casta isn´t taller either. Hell even Kate Moss is the same size. So you are saying it´s built quality that matters not size? ;)
Slightly off topic?
This belongs in the Longstaff thread.

Le Red

She can't be hotter than most fashion supermodels because she's built like a hobbit. :p
What? She's 1,68m. 5 cm taller than Megan Fox. :houllier:
A lot of men often find short women hotter than the tall ones anyway.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
:rolleyes:

You think a man of Alex Ferguson’s standing makes decisions like that? I think he has a little more maturity than you do. Beckham repeatedly defied instructions to rest between games like the rest of the team. It consistently showed in his performances for over two years. We all have our heroes, mate but you really need to get some perspective.
and you need to tell me where you picked up that defamatory story...

Moriarty

Nah, people think he's from Manchester because he sounds like, and dances and dresses like a typical Mancunian :lol:

He's from Varrington, famous for Wodka, and proud of it.
Vladivar wasn't it? The only thing I remember about Warrington is Risley remand centre. A few lads from my neighbourhood were banged up there awaiting trial.

Moriarty

Yeah, see post #674

I never actually knew where Risley was, just that it was somewhere you didn't want to go if you could help it.
I heard a few tales about that place. One of their favourite tricks was to crap in a paper bag - known as a 'shit parcel'- then throw it out of the cell window at the screws who were patrolling below. Risley served as a remand centre for those held for trial and also for those convicted and awaiting transportation to prison.

On the vodka thing, do you remember a mixer called 'Russian' which was a pink fizzy concoction. It was big back in the 70s.

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
I’m confused?

He sounds like he’s from Warrington to me with a bit of manc in him, which he’s obvs picked up. I get mistaken for manc outside the north west. So can see why people think it tbf.

Plenty of scousers have invaded here now though as well like everywhere else
Depends what side of Warrington you're from, Sankey, Penketh etc people have a bit of a scouse in their accent (although we seem to have loads of plastic scousers with their horrible plastic scouse accent work here). Padgate, Birchwood etc have a bit of manc. I also get told I have a manc accent.

Can confirm he stayed in warrington whilst at high school as my lad is at the same school. Just a shame Lingard gives us Warringtonians an even worse name.

Up the wire :)

WireMUFC

Depends what side of Warrington you're from, Sankey, Penketh etc people have a bit of a scouse in their accent (although we seem to have loads of plastic scousers with their horrible plastic scouse accent work here). Padgate, Birchwood etc have a bit of manc. I also get told I have a manc accent.

Can confirm he stayed in warrington whilst at high school as my lad is at the same school. Just a shame Lingard gives us Warringtonians an even worse name.

Up the wire :)
Beamont wasn’t it?

Penketh is overrun with scousers they get where shit wouldn’t!

The Warrington accent probably will be gone soon when we’re taken over by the plastic vermin.

And up the wire haha!

Al-T

I heard a few tales about that place. One of their favourite tricks was to crap in a paper bag - known as a 'shit parcel'- then throw it out of the cell window at the screws who were patrolling below. Risley served as a remand centre for those held for trial and also for those convicted and awaiting transportation to prison.

On the vodka thing, do you remember a mixer called 'Russian' which was a pink fizzy concoction. It was big back in the 70s.
Vladivar Vodka ran a competition where the first prize was a week in Warrington. The runner-up prize was two weeks in Warrington. Both prize winners accepted!
Schweppes Russchian is the mixer. Believe its still available.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Vladivar Vodka ran a competition where the first prize was a week in Warrington. The runner-up prize was two weeks in Warrington. Both prize winners accepted!
Schweppes Russchian is the mixer. Believe its still available.
:lol:

Revaulx

Vladivar wasn't it? The only thing I remember about Warrington is Risley remand centre. A few lads from my neighbourhood were banged up there awaiting trial.
Not a nice place. Grisly Risley. Horrific suicide rate among its inmates. It got converted into a regular adult prison and had a decent reputation; at least for a time.

redshaw

Of course they are meaning he’s from Manchester what are you talking about, this is a none argument btw, he’s from Warrington. People always say he’s a manc and he’s not. They say he’s a manc because they think he’s from Manchester it’s simple. Jesus. Usually when I tell people he’s not from Manchester they didn’t know.. I don’t really care it’s just an observation.
I read it a lot as well, a lot of people don't know and some may say it's his long association but there's many players who move in their teens who don't get considered to be a person from that area.

Another famous person from Warrington is Ian Brown, people just think he's from Manchester.

Manchester Oldham Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Ashton, these are local to Manchester. Warrington is just a place in the north west like Chorely, Runcorn, Northwich and St Helens is.

I've heard people claim he wouldn't be playing if he wasn't Mancunian.

Last edited:

Revaulx

Another famous person from Warrington is Ian Brown, people just think he's from Manchester.
Well he moved to Timperley, which is sort of Manchester, when he was six. Went to Alty Grammar with his next door neighbour John Squire.

Revaulx

This might be considered off topic, but Warrington Parish Church has a massively tall spire. It’s the third tallest in Lancashire, but comfortably taller than Yorkshire’s no. 1 (Wakefield Cathedral). Take that you Yorkshire cnuts :D

Jep

Beamont wasn’t it?

Penketh is overrun with scousers they get where shit wouldn’t!

The Warrington accent probably will be gone soon when we’re taken over by the plastic vermin.

And up the wire haha!
He went Boteler.

We wont mention last nights score :(

This might be considered off topic, but Warrington Parish Church has a massively tall spire. It’s the third tallest in Lancashire, but comfortably taller than Yorkshire’s no. 1 (Wakefield Cathedral). Take that you Yorkshire cnuts :D
Yep, was just a tower then had the spire built at a later date to make it taller.

Jep

Others include Sue Johnson (from royal family), Chris Evans, Kerry Katona (not something to brag about, was year above me at school, Evans was also from same school), some of stairsailor (had a few lock ins with the drummers brother). Pete Postlethwaite prob one of the most famous.

22cvr

Penny has dropped for Lingard, he's realised he's not guaranteed to play for United his entire career and needs to get back to grafting and giving 100% every game or he'll be shipped out. At age 26 it's time for results or leave the club