Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I have a hunch, from what I've read, that Carrick works with individual players, while Mckenna works with the overall team.

A few players have credited their improvement on Carrick's 1 on 1 work with them, but I haven't really heard anything on Mckenna.
Mate. Because of your post I've just gone and done some research. On more than 1 occasion (once in the past few days too) there are whispers that the guy is too basic and focuses on a purely English basic style. The players aren't happy. Also says he's been in charge of us getting goals which probably explains why our attackers seem to just focus on passing to one another when they're no more than 5 yards apart.

I'm not saying it's definitely true but when there are this many whispers then the truth lies there somewhere.

hobbers

Carrick has probably done some good work with McTominay at the very least. McKenna from descriptions seems just a kick and run coach.

jamesjimmybyrondean

McKenna coaching the first team has to have some truth in it. He's usually the only one communicating with Ole in the dug out or during a match. Not Phelan, not Carrick but McKenna.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Carrick has probably done some good work with McTominay at the very least. McKenna from descriptions seems just a kick and run coach.
What is this assessment based on? I saw people who follow the reserves rate him highly for the style of football they played.

Relevated

Yeah, it would explain a lot actually. Especially if it's true that Ole relies on him a lot and he's in charge of our attack.

Relevated

McKenna coaching the first team has to have some truth in it. He's usually the only one communicating with Ole in the dug out or during a match. Not Phelan, not Carrick but McKenna.
Then what is Mike phelans job? Looking back at it, I've never seen him talk to Ole

spiriticon

Why don't you rate him?

I've seen many players become better after he came here as a first team coach.

Rashford has never been better, same goes for Scott and Fred. Williams gets better all the time too.

Not many as regressed under his coaching, but the youngsters has become alot better.
Well you could probably name more players who haven't done well under his coaching. Rojo, Smalling, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, James, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez etc

Also, McKenna's been coaching the first team since 2018 and I have to say our attack hasn't improved one bit since then. We still don't know what to do with the ball in the final third.

A lot of users blame Ole for this (which is partially fine since Ole hasn't fixed the problem) but this has been a long-term issue that has been with us since way before Ole was even a figment of Woodward's thoughts.

Last edited:

billybee99

Forget Ole is the manager for one second and let's pretend its Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, whomever you want. Then look at the squad and tell me where you think the current set of players realistically have a chance of finishing.

Top 6?
Top 4?
Top 2?
Forget about Pep and Klopp and Poch - an average Premier League manager would have this squad in 4th especially this year with how crappy Chelsea are. Roy Hodgson or Tony Pulis or Fat Sam would have this squad in 4th. Hell Mark Hughes or Brucey wouldn't have us any worse than our current position.

Judas

Open to offers
I was excited about McKenna dealing with the first team, but he's been involved for a few years and I really haven't noticed any influence, we've played the same tired and shite attacking football for so long now.

Last edited:

Relevated

Forget about Pep and Klopp and Poch - an average Premier League manager would have this squad in 4th especially this year with how crappy Chelsea are. Roy Hodgson or Tony Pulis or Fat Sam would have this squad in 4th. Hell Mark Hughes or Brucey wouldn't have us any worse than our current position.
Easily top 4.

romufc

Yeah right. Chelsea are crappy but have squad depth. Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Pedro, Willian, Pulisic add the youth James, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Tammy, CHO.

How many long term injuries do they have? Roy Hodson is about to get relegated, Hughes got sacked at Southampton.

How many of the players that started V Burnley would get into the Chelsea team~?

James Ward

Where do people think we'd be this season if we kept Lukaku? I would say 4th would be cemented already.

Really idiotic from club not signing a replacement.

hobbers

What is this assessment based on? I saw people who follow the reserves rate him highly for the style of football they played.
I don't really follow the reserves, at least not more recently, but I don't think that means very much.

Reserve/youth football is like the lower leagues, physicality plays a much bigger role than it does in top tier football (obviously physicality is still a big factor in the Prem).

jamesjimmybyrondean

Where do people think we'd be this season if we kept Lukaku? I would say 4th would be cemented already.

Really idiotic from club not signing a replacement.
I think if we wanted 4th this season we could have spent the money wiser. We spent 140m in the summer, with that we could have gotten AWB - 45m, Ziyech - 25m release clause, Bruno - 55m and James - 15m. I agree with the Lukaku sale but spending 80m on Maguire seemed stupid as it would have been better to manage Smalling for 1 season than go a season without an RW or Lingard or Pereira as AMs. I think this team would get top 4.

--------------------------De Gea---------------------------

-AWB-----Smalling------Lindelof----Williams

-----------------Fred------------Pogba---------------

--Ziyech------------Bruno-------------Rashford--

------------------------Martial -------------------------

Bench : Romero James Mctominay Greenwood Shaw Tuanzebe Matic

Andersonson

Well you could probably name more players who haven't done well under his coaching. Rojo, Smalling, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, James, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez etc

Also, McKenna's been coaching the first team since 2018 and I have to say our attack hasn't improved one bit since then. We still don't know what to do with the ball in the final third.

A lot of users blame Ole for this (which is partially fine since Ole hasn't fixed the problem) but this has been a long-term issue that has been with us since way before Ole was even a figment of Woodward's thoughts.

Well, Smalling has rarely been here under Ole, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard has never really been any good under any managers. Unless you're counting 2months spell. Lukaku was also sold the summer he became our manager, same for Sanchez.

And James? He hasnt been decent under Ole? What did you expect from James?

And I agree, our attack has been dreadful, besides Rashford. But Pogba has been out, our best attacking-creating player and Martial is useless. So he needs time to get players who can actually do something. Having Lingard and Andreas hasnt really done Ole any favours and I expect them both to be the next guys out during his rebuild.

spiriticon

Well, Smalling has rarely been here under Ole, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard has never really been any good under any managers. Unless you're counting 2months spell. Lukaku was also sold the summer he became our manager, same for Sanchez.

And James? He hasnt been decent under Ole? What did you expect from James?

And I agree, our attack has been dreadful, besides Rashford. But Pogba has been out, our best attacking-creating player and Martial is useless. So he needs time to get players who can actually do something. Having Lingard and Andreas hasnt really done Ole any favours and I expect them both to be the next guys out during his rebuild.
Not talking about Ole, I'm talking about Mckenna. His work spans both the Mourinho and Ole eras so yes all the players I listed have worked for him in some decent capacity.

I don't know how true the rumours are about Mckenna having a big influence, but at this moment he really shouldn't be more than an assistant first team coach in my eyes. Maybe he'll be very good one day, but now is not the time to give him extra responsibility.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I was exciting about McKenna dealing with the first team, but he's been involved for a few years and I really haven't noticed any influence, we've played the same tired and shite attacking football for so long now.
Yeah, I seem to recall he came in as a highly rated up and coming type. Doesn't seem to be anything special and perhaps we should be looking for someone new.

Roboc7

Forget Ole is the manager for one second and let's pretend its Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, whomever you want. Then look at the squad and tell me where you think the current set of players realistically have a chance of finishing.

Top 6?
Top 4?
Top 2?
Lets says Klopp has taken job instead, he’s a miles better manager so he’s probably be doing better. Worse case scenario would be where we are now but establishing right culture and playing and progressing towards a much better style of play.

Does anyone think Liverpool would be where they are now if Ole has taken over in 2015?.

crossy1686

career ending
Lets says Klopp has taken job instead, he’s a miles better manager so he’s probably be doing better. Worse case scenario would be where we are now but establishing right culture and playing and progressing towards a much better style of play.

Does anyone think Liverpool would be where they are now if Ole has taken over in 2015?.
Well Klopp’s first two to three seasons were not great. Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and looked poor. Some Liverpool fans even called for him to be fired at one point.

The point I’m making is that with this current squad we have right now, not a proposed fantasy squad we could have had under another manager, this squad.

We wouldn’t be much better off bar maybe one position.

mu4c_20le

This is half Ole, half delusion. You are assuming that the likes of Mata/Pereira/Lingard can play towards a much better style of play. Yet I doubt you would have said the same in their player threads.

Well Klopp’s first two to three seasons were not great. Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and looked poor. Some Liverpool fans even called for him to be fired at one point.
What the feck is this bullshit @crossy1686 ?

• Took over mid-season with side in 10th - finished 8th - League Cup runner up (lost on pens) - Europa League runner up
• Finished 4th with 58% win rate - 76 points
• Finished 4th with 55% win rate - 75 points - Champions League runner up
• Finished 2nd with 79% win rate - 97 points - Champions League winner

Will you complete lunatics give it a rest with the Klopp bullshit. Complete utter oddballs the lot of you.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
This is half Ole, half delusion. You are assuming that the likes of Mata/Pereira/Lingard can play towards a much better style of play. Yet I doubt you would have said the same in their player threads.
Replace the names Mata, Perreira, Lingard with Milner, Henderson etc

jamesjimmybyrondean

The point I’m making is that with this current squad we have right now, not a proposed fantasy squad we could have had under another manager, this squad.

You think Klopp would have us at 6th with Ole's squad??? feck me :lol:

mu4c_20le

Replace the names Mata, Perreira, Lingard with Milner, Henderson etc
But Milner is a solid utility player in the mould of O'Shea, it's only on here that he gets ridiculed because he isn't some fancy De Bruyne or Silva type.

Skills

Snitch

And how much worse off do you reckon we'd be without a manager at all? Just wondering, because we may as well save the £7m a year or so we've been wasting on one, if it doesn't actually make a difference.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

So many false statements here...so many

Skills

Snitch
Klopp in his first full season at Liverpool (this equivalent for Ole) spent £62m and sold £76m worth of players. Enough to turn them into a top 4 team. The year after, when he turned them into CL finalists he had a net spend of £9m :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What the feck is this bullshit @crossy1686 ?

• Took over mid-season with side in 10th - finished 8th - League Cup runner up (lost on pens) - Europa League runner up
• Finished 4th with 58% win rate - 76 points
• Finished 4th with 55% win rate - 75 points - Champions League runner up
• Finished 2nd with 79% win rate - 97 points - Champions League winner

Will you complete lunatics give it a rest with the Klopp bullshit. Complete utter oddballs the lot of you.
Now they are even making shit up. Amazing

mu4c_20le

Klopp in his first full season at Liverpool (this equivalent for Ole) spent £62m and sold £76m worth of players. Enough to turn them into a top 4 team.
That's more to do with who he signed, rather than for how much. he sold the likes of Benteke, and replaced them with Mane. We got Dan James.

Skills

Snitch
That's more to do with who he signed, rather than for how much. he sold the likes of Benteke, and replaced them with Mane. We got Dan James.
We sold the like of Lukaku and replaced him with Harry Maguire (most expensive CB in the world)

And a £50m right back.

Greck

So incredibly untrue. Liverpool officially arrived in the season where we came 2nd. People just hadn't taken notice

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What a pathetic article. Our 'overseas players' that have actually trained much this season are the likes of Mata, Lindelof, Pereira, Fred, Martial and De Gea. Even if true I couldn't care less what any of them lot think.
I found most of the articles around United pathetic lately, they all feel like hitjobs against either a player or a member of the staff. It's also always some nebulous sources that somehow read like the conspiracies that you read on Reddit, the caf or twitter.

Skills

Snitch
So incredibly untrue. Liverpool officially arrived in the season where we came 2nd. People just hadn't taken notice but many on here had them better than us despite finishing below us
They were busy asphyxiating on Mourinho's cock and balls.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Klopp in his first full season at Liverpool (this equivalent for Ole) spent £62m and sold £76m worth of players. Enough to turn them into a top 4 team. The year after, when he turned them into CL finalists he had a net spend of £9m :lol:
This is why Ole should never ever be compared to Klopp. And why people shouldn't bring up shit like our squad is not good enough for top 4 or no manager can succeed with the backing Ole is getting. Klopp arrived at Liverpool and took them from 12th to 8th. Ole took us from 6th to 6th. Klopp in his first full season with a minus 6m netspend took Liverpool to the top 4. Ole with a 75m net spend has us in 7th. fecking tired of seeing Klopp in the same sentence with Ole.

Roboc7

Probably need to do some research into those first two or three seasons.

Your right there’s no way we’d be better off, not like quality of the manager would have impact on performance. No doubt a Ole would have replicated Klopp’s performance at Liverpool as well I assume.

We’ve played 25 games and you think only difference would be maybe one place which is one more point. Even though a different manager would have approached the games differently, picked different lineups, different formations, different subs etc etc. All those variables would amount to possibly one more point and one place higher in table.

Last edited:

Roboc7

No I am assuming a different manager would play a different style because guess what his teams play a different style. Not every manager would play exactly the same
as Ole. I assume that’s not something you are not aware for some rea

Deluded is an easy word to throw around but sometimes it’s best to know what it actually means rather than just post it a lot.

Here’s a concept for you, not all managers play the same way or perform equally. A good indication of this is how they have performed previously and how their teams have played previously. This concept is reality and is not deluded, that means something different.

If we appointed Klopp he’d play differently, if we appointed Sam Allardyce he’d play differently. Can you guess what would happen if we appointed Pep?.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Most of Ole in talk based on hypothetical rather than facts. "No manager will be successful under this board" "Klopp wouldn't have us higher than this" "Ole isn't being backed" "We would do better with all our players back fit" "Ole needs another season to see his rebuild through". IT'S ALL HYPOTHETICAL. When the evidence is right in your fecking face that he is not good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.