Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

What people!? Where are they? Did they leave footprints? Will they ever come back? Were they ever really here, or were the real opinions the friends we made along the way?

We may have taken the piss out of Klopp back then, when we we winning things and looking on the up under the early days of Mourinho, but I distinctly remember all the Liverpool fans on here being absolutely delighted with him.... even occasionally to the point of not caring that they weren’t winning things cos the football was so good.

So the idea that he was ever doubted as much as Ole, or that he divided the fans, or didn’t show improvement right away, is all utter bollocks... please, just stop doing it! All the actual evidence is right there! It was only 4 years ago FFS, and we’re all literally on the Internet!

Here look, I’ll help! - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/platzierungen/verein/31
There are moany cnuts in every fanbase though, and there were definitely voices of dissent when things weren't going well. Here look, I'll help! - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334703.160

rawk 2016 said:
Its actually mindblowing hpw easy it is to beat us right now. We have no answer for the most rudimentary tactics and setups.

Sit back, counter, let them give you set pieces. Team talk fecking done.

So many small issues mounting up to create a complete and utter shitshow. Very, very disappointed by Klopp's lack of versatility. Needed to change things weeks ago if only to unsettle our opposition a bit, but its the same ponderous bollocks every few days right now. Fighting for 6th at this rate.
Sound familiar? ;)

jamesjimmybyrondean

A user from reddit translated an interview of Fred... Turns out the morale isn't as high and is probably low actually and we aren't really as united as we thought

When asked about what United need to get back on track again, Fred replied with the following:

"We are lacking too much right now, first of all we need to figure out things inside of pitch, we are lacking criativity, specially in midfield. We need to improve also as a group, our group is not really united*, lots of problem inside. There are a lot of discussion, well, every group has this sort of problem, but ours has a lot! Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run inside the pitch! We need to stick an objective inside of our heads and focus on it and go forward. We need to be at the same page and today some players are differing in objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong".

When Ale asked him about Ole Solskjaer, he then said:

"Solskjaer? He is a good person, a good coach. His work is new to us, he is still young as a coach, he has positives and negatives, but his job is growing and he will help us win titles".

Hawks2008

Why do Ole cultists constantly bring up Klopp, there is no comparison. Klopp is not relevant in anyway to Ole's performance as a coach.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A user from reddit translated an interview of Fred... Turns out the morale isn't as high and is probably low actually and we aren't really as united as we thought

When asked about what United need to get back on track again, Fred replied with the following:

"We are lacking too much right now, first of all we need to figure out things inside of pitch, we are lacking criativity, specially in midfield. We need to improve also as a group, our group is not really united*, lots of problem inside. There are a lot of discussion, well, every group has this sort of problem, but ours has a lot! Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run inside the pitch! We need to stick an objective inside of our heads and focus on it and go forward. We need to be at the same page and today some players are differing in objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong".

"Solskjaer? He is a good person, a good coach. His work is new to us, he is still young as a coach, he has positives and negatives, but his job is growing and he will help us win titles".
That's interesting. It also was an edit at the bottom:

He also said that, alongside Pereira and Dalot, Pogba is another one who likes the same music in vestiary and is a joyful one too. Also, he seems to get along with him on daily basis, that his work ethics are good, so we should discard Pogba as one of the probably "rotten apples".
Pogba and to some extent Rashford has been branded as some Big Time Charlies on here often, but if its not them, i really wonder who it is?

Micky Targaryen

Womp

idiot
That's interesting. It also was an edit at the bottom:

Pogba and to some extent Rashford has been branded as some Big Time Charlies on here often, but if its not them, i really wonder who it is?
I wouldn't be surprised if this lot of players really weren't mercenaries like everyone is trying to have us believe, rather, the managers and the coaching hasn't been good enough to get the most out of their abilities.

Amir

Why do Ole cultists constantly bring up Klopp, there is no comparison. Klopp is not relevant in anyway to Ole's performance as a coach.
But Klopp finished 8th in his first half-season and then DIDN'T win the league in his first full season, so it's kind of the same. Therefore, if we show some patience, Ole will be just as great!

At least I think that's the silly idea...

Son

I wouldn't be surprised if this lot of players really weren't mercenaries like everyone is trying to have us believe, rather, the managers and the coaching hasn't been good enough to get the most out of their abilities.
This is probably the case.

I’m in the camp saying Ole has decent job for what has transpired with injuries but a few of those I fully blame on the management anyways so doesn’t help his cause.

The club seriously need to invest in talented football people. Carrick, McKenna and Phelan I’d question the quality of. Our loyalty is sometimes this clubs downfall.

The club actually needs to make a statement by the end of the season or we risk becoming even more irrelevant. Means spending money and lots of it.

Amir

I think Ole's tactic is to give the attacking players a large amount of freedom - not complete freedom but a lot more than say Mourinho. This may have worked twenty years ago but I don't think it is as effective in the modern game.
Agreed, and I guess it's a bit like how Fergie used to play, so it's not a surprise this is what Solskjaer wants. It was fine for its time, but football has evolved.

I'd say that even back then, when we faced the more systematic football of Barcelona, we saw the difference.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Well...thats the opposite of what he said in the interview though.

"We need to improve also as a group, our group is not really united*, lots of problem inside. There are a lot of discussion, well, every group has this sort of problem, but ours has a lot! Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run inside the pitch! We need to stick an objective inside of our heads and focus on it and go forward. We need to be at the same page and today some players are differing in objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong".

Now i cant say if this is a credible source, just some dude on reddit, but if its true then its pretty big. Disregarding whether you think Ole is a shit coach or not, all this talk of culture and and discipline might have some truth to it.

The fact that we have done relatively well in the big games this season might not just be down to "them playing into our hands", but rather that we actually seem motivated and up for it. So many game this season it seems like we're not even fecking trying.

As i said, everyone has pointed to Pogba as the "rotten apple",Fred says its not, so who is it?

Water Melon

This is probably the case.

I’m in the camp saying Ole has decent job for what has transpired with injuries but a few of those I fully blame on the management anyways so doesn’t help his cause.

The club seriously need to invest in talented football people. Carrick, McKenna and Phelan I’d question the quality of. Our loyalty is sometimes this clubs downfall.

The club actually needs to make a statement by the end of the season or we risk becoming even more irrelevant. Means spending money and lots of it.
First and foremost remove Ole. He has done nothing of note to get a job for any Prem team, let alone a struggling Man Utd. Hire a competent manager, not a declining one, not a dinosaur, but a manager who is fairly young and on the upward trajectory. If that manager picks his assistants let him do so, provided that these assistants do have a prover track record. Hire best physios, sports scientists etc. Recruit players that the new manager and his team ask for. Hire a proper football man (not Ole)for DOF position, again with a proven track record.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Well Klopp’s first two to three seasons were not great. Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and looked poor. Some Liverpool fans even called for him to be fired at one point.

The point I’m making is that with this current squad we have right now, not a proposed fantasy squad we could have had under another manager, this squad.

We wouldn’t be much better off bar maybe one position.
This is blatanty bullshit. Klopp finished 4th, in his first 2 full seasons and played attacking football that people enjoyed watching, their weakness was their leaky defense.

Chairman Steve

Klopp‘s first season where he basically joined at quarter way point, involved going to a League cup final and a European final whilst playing good football which got more cohesive and better as the weeks went on with inconsistent results. I’ll happily take that over what OGS has been doing this past year, where we’ve just got inconsistent results with football that isn’t getting better and no cup finals... plus I don’t think Klopp even spent money in January that season.

Greck

Still with the Klopp comparisons. Time to be honest. Stop it. If footy management was an intellect capacity test Klopp would make a manager like Ole look mentally handicap. The gap is that big and even worse it's glaring. Even his press interviews come across as not knowing what to expect

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Well Klopp’s first two to three seasons were not great. Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and looked poor. Some Liverpool fans even called for him to be fired at one point.

The point I’m making is that with this current squad we have right now, not a proposed fantasy squad we could have had under another manager, this squad.

We wouldn’t be much better off bar maybe one position.
Can you stop fecking say this?

the chameleon

I’d rather a poster get a few details wrong, and I wouldn’t call It lying. Far worse when a poster get it wrong, let’s say, like you. Then get served more details, but refuse to take it on board..

Regarding Klopp. 4th, 8th. And 2th? People was at the time going on and on he was not good enough for the English game. Guess what. He was.
Does that make Ole good enough. Because, Klopp in a full season with Liverpool has never finished below 75 points. But on the logic of some people on here, we should wait and see.

hubbuh

Still with the Klopp comparisons. Time to be honest. Stop it. If footy management was an intellect capacity test Klopp would make a manager like Ole look mentally handicap. The gap is that big and even worse it's glaring. Even his press interviews come across as not knowing what to expect
Ole patently lacks an elite level of footballing intelligence and the fact that Woodward either can’t see this or does see it but is scared to act is utterly damning.

ottosec

If Everton wins today they will go past us. They, just like Tottenham, had started the season dreadfully and were in the relegation zone. But, unlike us, they were decisive enough to sack their manager and both improved.

Whoever thinks that sacking Ole now and appointing someone else won't make any difference need to have their heads checked.

I can scarcely believe people are still comparing him to Klopp. :lol:
@crossy1686 post was the forum equivalent of dropping a grenade and running for the hills. He hasn't been seen since, and Mockney, myself and plenty of others have blown a gasket due to the sheer stupidity of it.

It's the very essence of whataboutism, with truth completely discarded, they know they are posting utter bullshit but they do it anyway.

Post: Ole has been wank, we've won just 36% of our league games this year
Retort: But what about Klopp being shit, should Liverpool have sacked him?

It doesn't have to be truthful, and nor do they care, but they are the only arguments they are left with. Eventually they all end up back to "ta ra Fergie", a single example from 3 decades ago of a manager having this shit a run and coming back from the brink to be possibly the best ever. That Fergie had already taken United from 23rd to 2nd in just over a season and a half when he took over or broken the Old Firm gets completely ignored.

I'd say this, if a poster invokes Fergie or Klopp, they know they are talking utter bollocks, so they should all be instantly put on ignore from the entire forum.
There is one argument and one argument only for keeping Ole:

"I like him, I know he's been awful so far but I like the players he has bought and I like the departures, I'm worried a new manager won't continue that work. I'm hoping that with time that these incomings will eventually lead to us being much better and I understand there is plenty of blind faith in there."

I personally think a manager like Pochettino or Nagelsman will like the new additions which I believe is more club policy and not Ole-specific and I think they'd continue the work but would be able to coach and demand more from these players, these are guys that could continue this work and turn us into a top team again. I have extreme doubts that Ole could ever turn us into a top team, it'd be a turnaround the likes of which I have never seen in almost 40 years of life.

Last edited:

Gehrman

You just cant compare Ole to Klopp, Fergie, Pep or Zidane. He has been a manager for 10 years and won 2 norwegian titles with molde and they seem to be doing better now without him. His 2 jobs im the pl with cardiff and with us have been disasters. The noggie leauge is his lvl not the pl.

Last edited:

TsuWave

What a lovely Saturday morning it’s been knowing that i won’t have to see this guy grinning after getting wrecked by another team. Football should just be erased. Life is so lovely without it :lol:

el3mel

Wow finally an honest interview from one of our players not trying to hide the problems.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s interesting to read that squad harmony might not be as good as many of us believed.
I think pretty much everyone Ole in or out thought that the players were at least backing each other and working together.

The Bloody-Nine

Behind Everton now. Imagine how unstoppable they'll be after Ancelotti has 3 or 4 seasons under his belt.

Paul_Scholes18

Behind Everton now. Imagine how they'll be after Ancelotti has 3 or 4 seasons under his belt.
They have not looked very good though. Very open and easy to score against.
Although on set pieces they seem to score for fun. Not fun when they play us ;).
We should beat them though, but the last two games have been crap against them.

Last edited:

Smores

Behind Everton now. Imagine how unstoppable they'll be after Ancelotti has 3 or 4 seasons under his belt.
Can't expect Ole to compete with the likes of that Everton squad though. When Ole has spent another 200 million only then can we judge him.

Gehrman

Can't expect Ole to compete with the likes of that Everton squad though. When Ole has spent another 200 million only then can we judge him.
When we have 300 mil netspend under Ole we might be able to compete with Sheffield United. About 1 billion to compete with Leicester.

beer&grill

I wonder if there were Everton fans who thought that nobody could do better than Marco Silva, not even Pep or Klopp.

Crimson King

He should never have been made permanent manager.

I still think getting rid of Mourinho and bringing in Ole to steady the ship was fine, but making the appointment permanent when there was no real pressure to do so was just idiotic from Woodward, and only emphasizes his own shortcomings as chairman.

We should have waited until the end of the season and assessed our options. By then we would have hit that post-honeymoon slump, which we are still stuck in to be honest, and making Ole manager wouldn't have looked like such a masterstroke.

I thought this at the time and hoped that I was wrong, but unfortunately every game just confirms my original fears.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I’d rather a poster get a few details wrong, and I wouldn’t call It lying. Far worse when a poster get it wrong, let’s say, like you. Then get served more details, but refuse to take it on board..

Regarding Klopp. 4th, 8th. And 2th? People was at the time going on and on he was not good enough for the English game. Guess what. He was.
Please tell me what I’ve gotten wrong?
Regarding Klopp it’s actually 8th when he took over in October, 4th in his first full season, 4th in his second full season and CL final, 2nd in his third full season and CL season.

Nope. Maybe an extreme minority of impatient fans or one or two dumb journos who always go on extra hard on certain managers... but rival fans were never laughing their asses off at Liverpool for hiring him, don’t think at any time any poll had 70% of people wanting him sacked by the next season.

el3mel

The amount of lies Ole in supporters spout about Klopp's time is unbelievable. People know we were watching the league too right ?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So incredibly untrue. Liverpool officially arrived in the season where we came 2nd. People just hadn't taken notice
Exactly. They had a crap goalkeeper and shit defender, everyone was saying once they fix those issues they’d be the only team that could stop City.

Paul_Scholes18

I wonder if there were Everton fans who thought that nobody could do better than Marco Silva, not even Pep or Klopp.
Thing is I am not sure they are playing much better. They are grinding out wins, but also look very easy to beat for say a bigger team.
They have beaten Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace and Watford. All with 1 goal apart from today, but they could have easily conceded more today.
Knocked out by Pool kids with the best side too.
I guess the test comes now with the harder games. I have not watched them enough, but they have not impressed me much when I have watched them.
The most impressive game I have seen them was against Chelsea under Big Dunc.
Last week against Watford to turn it around late with 10 man was impressive I guess, but I didn't watch that game.

It is a bit like Oles run in a way. Although he got some big wins and also beat some top sides during his run. Even if the football didn't look that impressive.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Carlo Ancelotti has taken Everton (who were hovering in and around relegation zone) to above United in space of a month with same squad and no money spent.

Ole has had 14 months, and spent £200m to have us languishing in 8th.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Carlo Ancelotti has taken Everton (who were hovering in and around relegation zone) to above United in space of a month with same squad and no money spent.

He's done a marvellous job!

Rolaholic

Well they hired an actual top class coach, we're still lacking one of those...

Status
Not open for further replies.