Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I never liked Jose but at least people held him to high standards as he did he himself. This is the first time post SAF that I feel we're attaining a small time mentality.
2nd time. Remember Moyes.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The idea that since two high profile managers with big reputations failed after short stints, the logical brained alternative is to pivot hard to a low profile, inexperienced novice with no discernible qualifications and give him all the time in the world, because that’s the opposite!! is an insane reactionary way of approaching anything.

It’s like walking into a restaurant and complaining that the two previous gourmet chefs had failed to cook your meal to satisfaction, so demanding that the pot boy who can’t cook be the one to prepare it, since that’s the only logical other way of doing it!

FFS. Galaxy brain people.

ranxerox

Or, Ole was a hopelessly naive optimist who assumed he could go into a Premier League season in 2020 with a spunky batch of youngsters and all the cool players the fans wanted, without adequate back up, because Fergie once did it in 1995 when his biggest competitors where a Newcastle team with a defence comprised entirely of mullets and almost no international caps, and a moneybags Blackburn side who’d spent millions assembling a midfield dictated by the talents of David Batty and Paul Warhurst!

Because like the vast majority of the fans still supporting him, he’s a hopeless romantic optimist who loves the club, but is completely out of touch with what’s needed or required of a top team in 2020, beyond some hazy nostalgic idea of “the right way..” and will more than likely drive the club further adrift in a misguided attempt to “take things back” rather than “move them forward”

... and for the nteenth time, you can’t blame Ed for all our woes whilst pretending Ole is some poor, victimised bystander, secretly raging against the Glazers and plotting their downfall! He’s the most supine, uncombative yes man we’ve had since Fergie retired FFS! He has no clout to wield whatsoever, and he’ll continue to eat shit and smile for as long as he’s in the job he knows he’s improbably lucky to have stumbled into!

Pretty much spot on

Paul_Scholes18

The idea that since two high profile managers with big reputations failed after short stints, the logical brained alternative is to pivot hard to a low profile, inexperienced novice with no discernible qualifications and give him all the time in the world, because that’s the opposite!! is an insane reactionary way of approaching anything.

It’s like walking into a restaurant and complaining that the two previous gourmet chefs had failed to cook your meal to satisfaction, so demanding that the pot boy who can’t cook be the one to prepare it, since that’s the only logical other way of doing it!

Just let Woodward be the manager! We haven't tried that yet!

Gehrman

Pot the potboy isn't a legend...

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Pot the potboy isn't a legend...
Maybe he is? Maybe he’s loved within the restaurant as one of the best pot washers they’ve ever had, and considered a valuable part of their team that earned a Michelin star 20 years ago ... then he went off to work in a McDonalds for a a decade, and when he came back was inexplicably given the head chefs position... but it’s okay, cos if they just give him enough time to learn how to actually cook, say like 5 years or something, it’s perfectly reasonable to expect them to attract exactly the same level of clientele whilst keeping their star and maintaining their reputation... isn’t it??

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe he is? Maybe he’s loved within the restaurant as one of the best pot washers they’ve ever had, and considered a valuable part of their team that earned a Michelin star 20 years ago ... then he went off to work in a McDonalds for a a decade, and when he came back was inexplicably given the head chefs position... but it’s okay, cos if they just give him enough time to learn how to actually cook, say like 5 years or something, it’s perfectly reasonable to expect them to attract exactly the same level of clientele whilst keeping their star and maintaining their reputation... isn’t it??
Perfect. Must read post for Ole in fans

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. The point some are trying to make is that a manager's success rate should not be determined based on past experiences, whether successful or otherwise. LVG and Jose, both highly successful at a number of clubs scattered across Europe throughout their careers, failed dramatically at United after being heavily backed in the transfer market. There are no guarantees.

I do think Poch is the most logical choice to succeed Ole, though. For what that's worth.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You could say the Pot Boy helped build the restaurant (which makes him a "legend"), but he knows nothing about cooking the gourmet meals and leaving customers satisfied.
...and while owner giving potboy time to learn, restaurant lost reputation and customers which led to that once highly known restaurant became local diner which sells hamburgers and hot dogs

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
*Anybody who believes Ole let Lukaku go without being promised a replacement is naive at best or thick at worst in my opinion. Either that or they have much more faith in Ed Woodward than they should by now.
Lies, lies, and even more lies.

Lukaku was sold to Inter on deadline day, this was a week after Dybala had rejected us. Which in turn meant Juve also refused to sell us Manduzkic as they didn't have a replacement. It's easy to blame Woodward for every shortcoming from Ole, but he is only going to buy a striker if Ole wants one. Browse through the transfer tweets thread from May until August and find me one striker who was on our agenda through those months? You'll hear about names such as Sancho, AWB, James, Maguire, Longstaff continously but absolutely no links for a new striker.

Dybala/Lukaku proposed swap just tells you how badly this club is still run, a top player was available sure but was he someone ever on our radar? Did Ole or his management ever thought about where he'd fit in, or was it another move like Mata where you'll sign the player and later find a role for him?

Then you had us inquiring for Manduzkic too? 10 days before the end of window, with no backup plan for a 2nd forward? Does that tell you this lot have any semblance of plan through which they are working?

This is what he told us after selling Lukaku and not buying a replacement i.e. to prioritise the development of Mason Greenwood.

Solskjaer said when asked if the attack was better than last term. "We do have players we think will make an impact. And Mason Greenwood's pathway would have been a lot more difficult, of course, if we had another forward there. So, for me, I believe Mason is going to be playing and involved a lot and when he is he'll score goals."
This is what he told us after binning Sanchez on loan AFTER the window had closed, yes he'd been shit but he was still one more body who could fill in at the time of injury-crisis.

"I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone. I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone.

I’m trusting Marcus, Anthony, Mason to be our centre forwards. We’ve got loads of options and for me it is time for our boys to feel the pressure. It is something which we are looking forward to."
With Lukaku leaving permanently to Inter, and Alexis Sanchez joining him on loan, United are short of strikers this season and, speaking to Sky Sports, Solskjaer revealed he's happy with what he's got, saying "I can say [I am a striker short], but that was the decision that I made and I made it happily."
I'd be inclined to believe in Oles' propaganda if he didn't continuously contradict himself, weeks later he'd tell us we are short of strikers and it didn't take a 'rocket scientist' to recognize that. There is plethora of quotes where Ole has continously back-tracked and refuted his previous statements. I'll probably prepare a new thread at the close of season consisting of Oles' quotes contradicting himself.

I can see the poor results, i'm not blind or even remotely biased towards Ole however I don't chose to ignore the above in order to fit an Ole-Out narrative.
Sure :lol:

:lol: Amazing response to that post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

Wilt

Can’t see as likening Ole to a pot washer is really going to help his cause.

"I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone. I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone.

I’m trusting Marcus, Anthony, Mason to be our centre forwards. We’ve got loads of options and for me it is time for our boys to feel the pressure. It is something which we are looking forward to."
With Lukaku leaving permanently to Inter, and Alexis Sanchez joining him on loan, United are short of strikers this season and, speaking to Sky Sports, Solskjaer revealed he's happy with what he's got, saying "I can say [I am a striker short], but that was the decision that I made and I made it happily."
Yet @RUCK4444 is here trying to preach that we're all thick if we believe Ole's own words, from the horses mouth.
The fact that Martial was given the 9, that Ole spent all Summer banging on about the potential of Greenwood and that the only striker we were really strongly linked with was a 33 yr old Juve sub who now plays in Qatar, tells you all you need to know.

Ole, as Mockney stated earlier, went into a Premier League season in 2020 romanticising about doing it the United way, that's why Lukaku was allowed to leave and why he wasn't replaced.

One thing I will add though is that Ole IS at least learning on the job, because the "United Way" went flying out of the fecking window on deadline day and it was all about "getting a body in". That's the most progress I'd say he's made since taking the job, realising that romantic ideals just won't cut it in 2020. It's probably too little too late and has cost us a top 4 place and will make next Summer an absolute nightmare unless we bring in a big name manager, but progress it is.

PepsiCola

Personally, I cant take Poch seriously after his decision to drop Moura for Kane in the CL final.

Personally, I cant take Poch seriously after his decision to drop Moura for Kane in the CL final.
Ah, the amount of managers down the years that have played an injured Rooney, Beckham etc is a long list.

I thought it was daft of Poch but Moura's hardly proven before or since that he's anything other than a guy that has a game here or there and a lot of "meh" in between.

Chances are Moura would have had one of his 8 in 10 "meh" games and everyone would be here slating Poch for not risking Kane.

el3mel

Poch has his flaws but we are comparing him to having Ole, so it's really not comparison. Let him make us a CL finalist first then feck it up in it and I will be over the moon.

Gehrman

I think that's a very thin foundation for not taking Poch seriously. There are fine margins for everything. Gerrard slipping on his arse resulting in Liverpool losing their first geniuene chance to win the league in 30 years, Terry slipping on his arse to win us the CL. Higauin missing a one vs one in WC final. You gotta take a broader look.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The Klopp comparisons are really stupid. There is no way they are comparable, mainly as Klopp was a great manager before he even joined Dortmund

romufc

I think that's a very thin foundation for not taking Poch seriously. There are fine margins for everything. Gerrard slipping on his arse resulting in Liverpool losing their first geniuene chance to win the league in 30 years, Terry slipping on his arse to win us the CL. Higauin missing a one vs one in WC final. You gotta take a broader look.
Plus Harry Kane is very important to Spurs and is the most natural finisher.

Same way when when Rooney had a season where he was scoring all those headed goals he came back V Bayern game because he was a key player.

romufc

The Klopp comparisons are really stupid. There is no way they are comparable, mainly as Klopp was a great manager before he even joined Dortmund
Yeah and even he took 2 seasons to get his squad the way he wanted it.

So did Pep.

What does that tell you?

Gehrman

Plus Harry Kane is very important to Spurs and is the most natural finisher.

Same way when when Rooney had a season where he was scoring all those headed goals he came back V Bayern game because he was a key player.
Yeah, it was disgusting seeing all those bayern players kicking his ankle. Wasn't that when Bayern was under LVG?

Gehrman

Yeah and even he took 2 seasons to get his squad the way he wanted it.

So did Pep.

What does that tell you?
And Mourinho nearly always garaunteed a League title in his 2nd season in every club he's managed, but failed to do it with us. What does that tell you? It's all a bit more complicated than you're trying to put it.

LInkash

Potboy has given us some incredible meals during his time as head chef though, it's just that he hasn't been able to do it consistently. The hope is that he can do it more often, which might be possible once Chef Bruno has settled in and Chefs Scott and Paul are back. Shame about Chef Marcus though.

romufc

And Mourinho nearly always garaunteed a League title in his 2nd season in every club he's managed, but failed to do it with us. What does that tell you? It's all a bit more complicated than you're trying to put it.
Exactly, its alot more complicated. There is no point comparing different teams / managers for success.

Every club is run differently, there is no science to success. We need to stop comparing against Klopp, Fergie and whoever else.

Rather, we need to find a Manutd formula that works based on the players we have at the club.

SAFMUTD

Due to his reputation as a player he will be allowed to finish the season no matter how bad it goes. I dont think Woodward is dumb enough to give him more time than that and will probably keep him in the organization to save some face.

I hope we are already in talks with a real manager because there’s no way Ole will turn this, it only goes south from here.

Gehrman

Exactly, its alot more complicated. There is no point comparing different teams / managers for success.

Every club is run differently, there is no science to success. We need to stop comparing against Klopp, Fergie and whoever else.

Rather, we need to find a Manutd formula that works based on the players we have at the club.
i'm sorry there is science to succes.

Gehrman

Ok which is? What is the science to success?

I want to see what Leicester applied to win the league.
Great squad chemistry, great individual performances from Kante, Vardy and Mahrez and all the traditional title contenders being wank that year.

Football isn't quantum physics, but there is clearly a science to succes.

fergieisold

Due to his reputation as a player he will be allowed to finish the season no matter how bad it goes. I dont think Woodward is dumb enough to give him more time than that and will probably keep him in the organization to save some face.

I hope we are already in talks with a real manager because there’s no way Ole will turn this, it only goes south from here.
Big Sam? He free?

Status
Not open for further replies.