Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

Matic, Mata, Young, Rojo, Jones, Lingard. At least six seasoned professional players I feel won't contribute from either the bench or the starting 11. Without even going into ones showing inconsistency, poor form or that we have question marks over.
Regardless of wether it is Ole or another manager, they are going to have to deal with that.
And regardless of wether it is Ole, another manager or a DOF, those players are going to have to be replaced with much better ones. How likely is it that we will get it 90% right? How likely is it that anyone can get it 90% right?
I'm ready for a shitty 2 years at least, regardless of who is in charge, or more if we compound the problem.

izec

Oh give over. It’s not as if it’s just been a few poor results. Even if we were in 8th and playing semi decent football, the fans would be having patience. What we’re seeing right now is a different monster altogether and if you can’t see that you’re downright delusional.
It is by far the worst we have been for a long long time, Moyes was nothing compared to this. The chances are slim for it to get better, and if so, a midtable finish with shit football is the best we can hope for. it will be probably be as bad or maybe even worse. And we all know what happens in the last 2 scenarios, relegation fight. Some folks need to let that sink in. 90% of the games since the PSG game are pointing to that, a few decent games here and there with the majority of terrible performances throughout, flat and desperate showings, relegation fodder stuff. This team and manager will not survive it once down there, we are not used to it. We need to climb out as quickly as possible

Enigma_87

You know who
It’s literally a waste of time this

Every single season we fans promise that we will get behind the manager, that we understand that there are no quick fixes and that we need to be patient

Literally the minute we start getting the inevitable bad results the fans turn

Remember - this time last year this forum turned on Jose, just like it had turned on LvG beforehand.

“Oh but it’s different this time” I hear every time. “This manager really is incompetent”. Shortly thereafter they inevitably get booted out and we start again

Not saying Ole is the answer but Ole certainly isn’t the problem either. When will you people learn. You get what you deserve honestly most of you
Same for you really. Backing an incompetent manager facing relegation form playing one of the worst football I've seen United play in my life - you get what you wish for.

rotherham_red

Every single season we fans promise that we will get behind the manager, that we understand that there are no quick fixes and that we need to be patient

Remember - this time last year this forum turned on Jose, just like it had turned on LvG beforehand.

“Oh but it’s different this time” I hear every time. “This manager really is incompetent”. Shortly thereafter they inevitably get booted out and we start again

Not saying Ole is the answer but Ole certainly isn’t the problem either. When will you people learn. You get what you deserve honestly most of you
Spot on. I said it in a previous post on here, but it genuinely is like Groundhog day.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I agree with the sentiment of your post, for the most part, but you have to admit it isn't working with Ole at the helm. He's trying his best but seems completely incapable of stopping the rot. We're heading for a relegation battle - if we aren't in one already. He needs to go sooner rather than later, even though I don't hold him fully responsible for the situation. We all know who the rea culprits are.

As to who we replace him with, God knows. With the Glazers sitting at the top counting their profits, seemingly oblivious to the absolute shitshow that is the state of our football team, and Woodward beneath them preparing to axe his fourth manager in 5 years, does it even matter who we appoint?

rotherham_red

Same for you really. Backing an incompetent manager facing relegation form playing one of the worst football I've seen United play in my life - you get what you wish for.
The thing is, I (and likely @Lentwood also) am perfectly well adjusted enough to handle Utd being shit. You and the rest of this toxic shitshow of a thread, seemingly are not.

I can handle us being shit because for me, Utd isn't just about winning trophies. It's about going to the games with your mates, having a laugh and enjoying what you see on the pitch. Everything else is a bonus. And it has, and always will be, this way.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Spot on. I said it in a previous post on here, but it genuinely is like Groundhog day.
Nah, there should be basic standards to be kept regardless of any of the other issues at the club, what we’re seeing ain’t good enough, not going to cut it.

Yes, on to the next one.

Round and round we go.
Rather round and round than down and down.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He certainly is one of the problems. Patience and time needs to be earned with that there needs to be some direction you can see that he is attempting to achieve on the pitch.

If you can say what that is then fine, if you cannot, if there is no clear plan. Then why is time required.

Personally the only reason I would not sack him now is that:

1. I don't see a ready replacement available
2. The club need to fix some structural issues else it will appoint yet another poor manager

The only manager who looked like they had a plan and was sacked before they could fully implement it out of those names was LVG

Shark

@NotShark
The thing is, I (and likely @Lentwood also) am perfectly well adjusted enough to handle Utd being shit. You and the rest of this toxic shitshow of a thread, seemingly are not.

I can handle us being shit because for me, Utd isn't just about winning trophies. It's about going to the games with your mates, having a laugh and enjoying what you see on the pitch. Everything else is a bonus. And it has, and always will be, this way.
Well, Christ. Thank feck the majority have come to their senses then and it’s just you two remaining.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Think if we were fun on the pitch a lot more would be on board. It's no fun watching your team creating nothing and not having that genius in the side who can score out of the blue.

BlueHaze

I mean we are playing the worst football I've ever seen during my lifetime. Far worse than Moyes, LVG, and Jose. For christ sakes we have like 5 wins in the recent 24 games or something. All these things considered, to say Ole isn't a problem is incredibly naive don't you think?

I 100% agree with being patient with managers and I can take bad results on the chin as long as I see there is a plan set in place in terms of how we want to play and you can see we are going somewhere with it. I'll tell you where we'll go with Ole, straight to the championship. I thought Moyes was clueless but Ole has even managed to make Moyes look brilliant.

The football is absolutely dire, his man management is non existant, his tactics are the worst I've seen in my life from any manager. We can't even string 5 passes together against Steve Bruce's horse shite Newcastle side.. He's so beyond inept that he plays Perreira on the right. In less than 6 months he's lost against Warnocks relegated Cardiff, Hodgesons Palace and Steve Bruces Newcastle. That to me is a massive problem.

Sweet Square

Yeah, 9 points and losing to the likes of Newcastle and West Ham yet defeating the 8-0-0 leader of the PL. What the feck?
Football, bloody hell.

Its one 90 minute game of football, anything can happen. Maybe the Pool game will be a turning point for us(It won't be) or we will just get smashed 4 - 0. Ole and the team are despite how it looks trying to wins these games, their aren't losing to annoy people on here. And if we somehow win against Pool I'll be over the moon(Especially considering how shite we are), I certainly won't get be angry at the team or Ole.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Sadly no surprise to see you erroneously frame yourself as the sensible one in this whole sorry situation. Complete self-satisfaction with zero substance.

Lee565

Am I the only one that thinks his signings weren't that great?

80 million for Maguire wasnt exactly a shrewd buy at that price and defensively I still dont see him better than smalling. It speaks volumes that Leicester aren't really missing him at all.

40 million for bisska is a good buy if you want to play pragmatic football but if you want us to play exciting attacking football then he's a hinderance on that right wing just like Valencia and young were.

James - had a good start with a few goals but doesn't really have much else about him aside from pace, he seems to be one trick pony when taking defenders on where he just hopes to beat them for pace which a good defender can handle easily and he's not creating anything for our strikers. Tbh I see very little difference between him and adama traore.

Overall it looks like Solskjear has just gone for physical attributes over real ability needed in those positions

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
This is my thinking. They're a bunch of flakey tossers who thought they were auditioning for some new top tier boss. When it became apparent that we weren't getting one,their efforts declined.
Yeah it’s unprofessional as hell, but unfortunately this is general human nature in the working world. Poor managers in any field, not just sport, tends to result with underperforming workers. I’ve been there myself. It’s hard to go 110% when you think your boss is incompetent.

arthurka

He should resign, this will turn bad and I mean really bad soon if this doesn´t change. Sadly he has no clue how he could change this.

Enigma_87

You know who

Are you enjoying what you see on the pitch?

I don't support mediocrity, maybe it's just me and it's not only about results and winning trophies. We're going backwards and it's easy to see. If you enjoy falling off a cliff because of the ride, sure, but that doesn't mean all fans should be the same.

United has become this grand club over the years - it wasn't like that in the early 90's when many of us grew to support it and no I can't accept mediocrity because this is what Sir Alex has fought for and battled throughout his whole career and nearly three decades.

Do you think he would just accept us being the shitshow we are now and just enjoy us having a go at a relegation battle?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

That’s cool. But here in the real world, winning is the goal and it has been here for a long long time. If you want a nice day out with mates despite performance and results, go to FC United.

Enigma_87

You know who
You're missing the point, mate. Sorry.
You are mate. United is a big club and has become one. It is still one of the top clubs in the world and should act accordingly and should always strive to be the best.

Do all of you that want to keep one of the worst appointments in PL history just give up after 6 years of wrong choices and decided to embrace mid table stature and mediocrity?

JoaquinJoaquin

Think if we were fun on the pitch a lot more would be on board. It's no fun watching your team creating nothing and not having that genius in the side who can score out of the blue.
Are you enjoying what you see on the pitch?

I don't support mediocrity, maybe it's just me and it's not only about results and winning trophies. We're going backwards and it's easy to see. If you enjoy falling off a cliff because of the ride, sure, but that doesn't mean all fans should be the same.

United has become this grand club over the years - it wasn't like that in the early 90's when many of us grew to support it and no I can't accept mediocrity because this is what Sir Alex has fought for and battled throughout his whole career and nearly three decades.

Do you think he would just accept us being the shitshow we are now and just enjoy us having a go at a relegation battle?
That guy is the worst kind of United fan. A 'T0p Red' who will be happy for us to go down just to try and prove some stupid point about the club 'not being for people outside of Manchester'. Twitter is crawling with those type of clowns.

EwanI Ted

So what are you saying? Do you think Ole is actually a good manager and will succeed in time? Or that it's okay to have a bad manager because the CEO is crap too? Not sure I would agree with either sentiment.

Rista

So how many people who think Ole is the right man to take us forward expected these results? All I could see was that we needed a proper preseason and everything will be fine. The "inevitable" relegation form was never mentioned.

Fans turned on LVG and Jose for a reason. Blind support will get us nowhere.

JohnnyKills

What do you actually expect? That fans wait until we've been relegated to start complaining?

It's not been good enough for the past six years. Fans of any other elite club would have burned the stadium down by now. Are you saying that we (or rather you) are a better class of supporter?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You are mate. United is a big club and has become one. It is still one of the top clubs in the world and should act accordingly and should always strive to be the best.

Do all of you that want to keep one of the worst appointments in PL history just give up after 6 years of wrong choices and decided to embrace mid table stature and mediocrity?
Jose Mourinho was the worst appointment in the clubs history - at least it ended that way - for reasons too numerous to mention. He is/was a disgrace and should never be allowed to set foot in OT again. But that's just my opinion.

I've said before in this thread that I don't believe Ole is the right man to lead the club forward. But I genuinely believe that his replacement will fail just as hard as Ole and his predecessors. Four failures in five years. At some point or another the penny has to drop, the problem extends far beyond the current manger or his doomed replacement. Appointing a new manager is pointless all the while the structure at the club is focused primarly on income growth rather than the team itself.

I feel like a broken record constantly having to repeat myself.

Enigma_87

You know who
Jose Mourinho was the appointment in the clubs history - at least it ended that way - for reasons too numerous to mention. He is/was a disgrace and should never be allowed to set foot in OT again. But that's just my opinion.

I've said before in this thread that I don't believe Ole is the right man to lead the club forward. But I genuinely believe that his replacement will fail just as hard as Ole and his predecessors. Four failures in five years. At some point or another the penny has to drop, the problem extends far beyond the current manger or his doomed replacement. Appointing a new manager is pointless all the while the structure at the club is focused primarly on income growth rather than the team itself.

I feel like a broken record constantly having to repeat myself.
So you stick with Taibi and Carroll because we changed a lot of keepers before getting VDS as someone else mentioned? We should give up and raise the white flag because we made bad choices?

Why the defeatist attitude?

You don't keep incompetent manager at helm because of what the others did before him - that is totally absurd notion that makes no sense.

I really don't get it. Seasoned fans and supporters decided to throw the towel when things got rough for 5-6 years in a row? Why give up, seriously? Don't you have standards anymore of who should manage the club and wear the shirt?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That doesn’t make any sense either.

If the players were good enough to go 10-12 undefeated at the start then a good manager should be able to do it again.
Yes but what then? The law of diminishing returns will apply to this.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The most important aspect is still having a manager who knows what he's doing.
That's where I disagree. You can have the best quality manager in the world and it's pointless if the club has no infrastructure for him to work through.

gza the genius

What is sacking Ole going to do? Who do we bring in? Things are going terribly but I really don't see what we can do to fix it with the squad available to us currently - any other manager we bring in will be destined to fail as well until they have a chance to bring some more quality in.

This isn't to say I think Ole is doing anything other than a poor job, he clearly is. I just don't think rushing someone else in here who we will also inevitably have to sack is a good option either.

The most frustrating thing for me with Ole is that he says all the right things about bringing through youth etc and then sticks with the same old players who we know clearly are not good enough. Mata, Young, Periera, bringing in Rojo yesterday, etc., they have very clearly proven they are not working yet he'd rather stick with them than give a chance to someone else. Not that throwing youth in to the firing line is the answer - but neither is what he's doing.

Untd55

Honestly, the decision to appoint Solskjaer before the end of the last season has to be some form of managerial negligence. You do not have to be a CEO to be able to see that that was a terrible decision to make even at the time it was undertaken. The decision was completely rushed for no reason. Had we have waited until the summer, I highly doubt he would have ever got the role permanently based on the results towards the end.

He is clearly not capable of managing at this level. He has taken a weak team and has made them worse. He has managed to strip the attack of depth and failed to replace midfielders. His tactics and the playstyle are diabolical. His managerial history is poor. Overall, he is arguably one of the worst managers I have ever seen in the Premier League. We are far worse now than we were under Mourinho last season.

The only reason people were happy with having him appointed is because he was a legend. Those fans bought into the dream that an ex-player will take as back to the top. The funny thing is, some of those same people would have been outraged had we got Allardyce or Howe as managers, who, in reality, are far better than Solskjaer, who is the equivalent of a league 2 manager.

Anyone we get to replace Solskjaer will be an improvement, whether it be Allardyce, Howe or Hodgson. This is the result of us appointing a manager of such a low level as Solskjaer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.