g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

This has gone on long enough, no other manager would be given this amount of rope regardless of status. Poch got sacked and he managed to get Spurs to a champions league final.

Nick7

Christ. 3 out of 4 holding midfielders injured yet people on here are blaming Solskjaer for our midfield being non existent. Sigh.
We’ve had a single injury since our last game where our midfield was pretty decent. Why did we not recruit more midfielders if he was going to freeze Matic our?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
That's fair up to a point (although one of those 3 is Matic which barely counts at this stage) but he was massively naive thinking we could go in to the season so short, in numbers and quality, in midfield and attack. I think we all know he is not a brilliant coach, albeit probably a better tactician than some give him credit for, his main strength is apparently his squad building and that his signings have done well but then it has to be acknowledged that the summer has left us ridiculously limited for this season.
What???

What squad he builds?

Robbie Boy

He’s a really poor manager, it’s that simple. The excuses that are consistently reeled out for him on here are so tiresome.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I have been hoping he can continue to tend to the squad until the summer and then we hire an actual manager but he is just clueless. Line up a couple of first XI players and get Poch on the phone.

BlahRules

Today’s game just shows the difference in coaching. We truly have an incompetent manager and this is nothing to do with the fact he didn’t buy no midfielders. The simple passes and movement are nonexistent.

Keefy18

And who do you think pays to watch sky or dazn or for cable tv packages?... oh yeah, the supporters. So yeah, we do pay for Woodward and the players salaries etc. Every month when DAZN takes money from my credit card, I'm paying player's salaries. Every time you buy a jersey, Adidas or Nike (or whoever) pockets the cash and then they pay United or Barca a billion every ten years to do it again and in this scenario, you are indirectly paying player's salaries. There are many ways that we pay player's salaries aside from going to Old Trafford.
We get feck all from Jersey sale ffs! It's a complete and utter myth.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...t-shirt-sales-world-record-198m-a7874731.html

Some reading for you to learn the truth behind jersey sales.

TV revenue is hard to break down specifically as the PL doesn't offer club deals to see specific deals. A supporter is essentially paying for rights to the PL it isn't specifically paying for United, the revenue is broken down then between the clubs and more recently there is the equal share fees that are being split between the clubs making it a far more competitive league year after year.

JMack1234

Ole is a good guy who bleeds for this club but it's getting more and more clear that he's out of his depth.

We need to make contact with Poch ASAP. See if he'd be interested in taking over. If he is then work on a date and prepare the ground for his arrival.

binary bot
Whilst still getting used to the new caf, i opened the first page of this thread.

Confusing experience

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
That’s it.

Ole out for me now.

Sick of these false dawns.

thejtrain

Today’s game just shows the difference in coaching. We truly have an incompetent manager and this is nothing to do with the fact he didn’t buy no midfielders. The simple passes and movement are nonexistent.
Exactly. Any half-decent manager, with an ounce of coaching brains, would get them to do at least the basics right.

LunchBox

Clearly he's not the one for United. But are we actually going to make moves? Ed Woodward soft

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
"He needs time." - Because as we all know, if you just repeatedly play crap with football with hardly any signs of positivity or progress, it just magically gets better because you showed patience.

Once it goes to shit, is pretty much never comes back. I really want to be wrong, but he has to go.

I don't care who or how many are injured. Today - and many other games - hasn't been the case of their players being better than ours man for man. Opposition players are continually better coached than ours, they know where to be, where to run, when to run, they are alert to danger, alert to second balls. We don't have that, and other than a brief purple patch, we haven't had that or even any fleeting signs of that at all under Ole.

Ludens the Red

Christ. 3 out of 4 holding midfielders injured yet people on here are blaming Solskjaer for our midfield being non existent. Sigh.
Sorry but ole put us in this position with his piss poor squad management. Nobody told him to allow Fellaini and Herrera to leave and sign nobody. He’s essentially cut Matic from the squad too leaving is even shorter. He put all our eggs in the basket of a player who has zero interest in playing for the club.
He’s completely responsible and at fault for the position we find ourselves in with our midfield.

Castia

We can’t carry on like this can we. Doesn’t look like an away win is possible and we’ve got Spurs, Chelsea, City Liverpool, Leicester away to come yet. Could finish anywhere at this rate.

ArjenIsM3

Sorry but ole put us in this position with his piss poor squad management. Nobody told him to allow Fellaini and Herrera to leave and sign nobody. He’s essentially cut Matic from the squad too leaving is even shorter. He put all our eggs in the basket of a player who has zero interest in playing for the club.
He’s completely responsible and at fault for the position we find ourselves in with our midfield.
Herrera said himself he had already made up his mind by the time Ole came in but keep blaming Ole. Matic is injured.

Comet49

I wonder, is this the day...anyone seen Jim Holden’s article in the Express?

IRELANDUNITED

For a while now I have been 50/50 on whether to keep Ole or not but I am 100% convinced now he should either leave or get sacked. This simply isn't good enough, yes the squad isn't great but what exactly has he done to warrant being the manager of Manchester United? Yes he has the right ideas, wants to buy the right players and loves to give youth a chance but does that mean he is a top class manager? No. Talk is cheap and ever since March the only thing he has done that I have been happy is the things he has said he wants to do, not a single thing that has actually happened on the pitch has convinced me he is anyway up to the job.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All Ole has is some decent notions - youth, pace and wanting to revive the spirit of SAF. But on the sidelines, where it matters most, he's simply not good enough.

bleedred

I don’t agree with this non sense of bringing poch in the summer.if he comes in now he can assess the squad and buy “his” players in January and the summer, rather than waiting for him to assess the squad in the summer and give the deadwood another chance.

Keefy18

Nice rant. Stupid points as usual though. They say rich kids are spoilt and entitled.. probably why United fans don’t have the same expectations as a Leicester fan and people like you.

You told me Liverpool and City are the best ran clubs for being 1&2. Then crucified David Gill by your logic we was the best run club the so how are you going to criticise him? Goes back to my point that just because you are top doesn’t mean you’re the best run. Probably more to the point you just bloody proved ( without probably knowing) they have the best managers.
I'll explain it in the simplest straight forward terms I can.

Gill is arguably one of the main reasons we are in the mess we are, why? He over looked a tenure where we failed to modernize. Whilst Fergie was left to run the club top to bottom our rivals like City and Liverpool did indeed modernize with up to date training facilities, board structure, transfer strategies etc etc etc...

Instead what happened was the squad aged, the youth set up deteriorated and transfer strategy dropped off a cliff and we invested poorly for the most part and fell behind. When Fergie deemed it was time to go he didn't go hiring the best replacement possible, no he hired a goon in Moyes. To add to our woes he sprinted so fast out of OT with his millions for cushy numbers elsewhere and didn't assist in the transition period from Fergie to Moyes and his duties to Woodward.

Yet your praising him? :nono:

Liverpool's transfer strategy done a 180 from the early years of the FSG to when the hired Edwards and their signings have almost all been undoubtedly quality signings.

The 3 best ran clubs in the country are City, Liverpool and Leicester. It's absolutely insane to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.