Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy18

Welbeck, fair enough, he was the only one we got decent money for
Kagawa as you said was misused by Fergie and would have fitted well in LvG's style imo. Hes 4 times the player Lindgaard is and he played quite a bit under LvG
Zaha is a good player. Has been the best player in Palace for years now
Evans is a good CB. Better than most we have anyways
Nani might have been frustrating, but when he was on form he was lethal
Rafael had injury problems, but were they that bad?
Rafael was pretty awful with injuries alright. Never managed a proper run of games most seasons. https://www.transfermarkt.com/rafael/verletzungen/spieler/61892

There's names there who's quality was good but by no means enough that we should be talking about them 5 years on like we've lost world class players. They were all squad level type players for the most part. Many of those were kept out by better players.

Evans was over looked for Rio and Vidic for example, Nani often kept out for Rooney even and Zaha was a kid and even still now is still woefully inconsistent. I'd have Memphis back at United before I would Zaha.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't understand what was his thinking about this lineup against SU? Against hard working team who have worse players than you, you go with the plan to bolster your defence?? I mean why? Why to do that? Why not attack them with your standard 4231 formation and give them something to worry about?
His mentality is like he is still managing Cardiff and he his approach is like we are underdog in mostly every game.

Sack him already

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't have any business continuing as United manager. His management since being appointed permanant manager has been absolutely unacceptable.

Champagne Football

Ole simply has to go. I respect that he took on a club in free fall and I think he has done very well, and will leave very solid foundations behind.

But he's clearly out of his depth. He doesn't seem to know how to get results in tight games, like all the great managers are able to do. He has no proven track record as a manager.

If Pochettino wants the job, then we should not wait another second.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
That’s it.

Ole out for me now.

Sick of these false dawns.
Since he first come in I'm not even sure we've had a false dawn - this season we've been so poor that literally any win, even if it's a fairly standard one over a relegation contender, is being construed as a sudden turn in fortunes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Need a goal? Bring Lingard on!

What happened to giving youth a chance? That's why we skinned the squad, wasn't it? To give the likes of Greenwood game time. Well, not only has Greenwood scored more than Lingard, he's just a better player in general than him already, too.

Shark

@NotShark
Nope.

We will beat the mighty Astana and probably struggle through a home win Vs Villa and the cycle will continue.
I think with Poch available, we’ll see reactionary Woody pull the trigger, this is really really bad and top four is gone.

Runaway Sue

I'll explain it in the simplest straight forward terms I can.

Gill is arguably one of the main reasons we are in the mess we are, why? He over looked a tenure where we failed to modernize. Whilst Fergie was left to run the club top to bottom our rivals like City and Liverpool did indeed modernize with up to date training facilities, board structure, transfer strategies etc etc etc...

Instead what happened was the squad aged, the youth set up deteriorated and transfer strategy dropped off a cliff and we invested poorly for the most part and fell behind. When Fergie deemed it was time to go he didn't go hiring the best replacement possible, no he hired a goon in Moyes. To add to our woes he sprinted so fast out of OT with his millions for cushy numbers elsewhere and didn't assist in the transition period from Fergie to Moyes and his duties to Woodward.

Yet your praising him? :nono:

Liverpool's transfer strategy done a 180 from the early years of the FSG to when the hired Edwards and their signings have almost all been undoubtedly quality signings.

The 3 best ran clubs in the country are City, Liverpool and Leicester. It's absolutely insane to suggest otherwise.
Day-O! Fleksnes done it again!

AaronRedDevil

Well, back to square one again. Till Poch buys the wrongs players, gets sacked aswel. And repeat. Obviously sticking with Ole isn't working right now. Sadly we have crap players and you can't change that no matter what you do. Can't get rid of Jones, Lingard, mata etc fast enough because we need those stupid players to fill in the gaps if others get injured. It's just common sense. What a horrible position into be in.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Hey look, another false dawn, what a surprise... said no-one.

This is actually getting boring now.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
We need a manager that can implement a plan of how we attack. We haven't had that since Fergie. Ridiculous. Suppose van Gaal had a plan, it just wasn't very good.

Well, back to square one again. Till Poch buys the wrongs players, gets sacked aswel. And repeat. Obviously sticking with Ole isn't working right now. Sadly we have crap players and you can't change that no matter what you do. Can't get rid of Jones, Lingard, mata etc fast enough because we need those stupid players to fill in the gaps if others get injured. It's just common sense. What a horrible position into be in.
Poch we can trust though, he's done 2 Premier League rebuilds very well, and he quickly gets his side playing good structured football.

Ole on the other hand.... hmmmmm.

naruto

Switched my television off not watching this shiite anymore. He awful manager no idea what he doing. If any of you know what he building at united enlighten me cos all i see is mediocre, a joke we will be middle league club with this guy.

Last edited:

Meller

Signs defenders for £130m, can't set up a defense. Just wait until he signs midfielders and attackers. :drool::drool:

Castia

Signs defenders for £130m, can't set up a defense. Just wait until he signs midfielders and attackers. :drool::drool:
Not to mention the youngsters he’s bringing through with absolutely no history of developing players.

Wants to sign young talent and bring through u23 players but seems he can’t coach for shit.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Why is OGS seating? Should he not be at the technical area telling the players what to do?
That's what he's supposed to on the training ground and in the tactics room. He has shown no ability at in game management so it's probably better he sits down.

Ludens the Red

Herrera said himself he had already made up his mind by the time Ole came in but keep blaming Ole. Matic is injured.
He’d started freezing out Matic, which would have been justified had we had adequate replacements. Can you explain the failure to sign a single midfield player?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sad to say the only benefit of Ole remaining beyond December is if he manages to rope Haaland in. Outside of that, there is zero reason for him to still be the manager of a club of this stature.

There is a genuine feeling that we play the worst football in the league as a construct - as in, what we coach to what we then go out and deliver on a weekly basis - and all the excuses about our best players/injuries etc. fall on deaf ears because the teams playing us off the park are vastly inferior in terms of personnel; just far better coached.

El Zoido

I want him sacked purely so I can stop hearing from our fans who keep complaining about him. Hope we fecking drop to be honest, at this point I just want all the haters to see how idiotic they are. The next manager will fail too and I can’t wait.

Kappa123

I'm not the type to fire shots at our own fans but come on, the Ole In crowd is just clueless. Imagine people saying no to Poch because Ole needs more time. Who needs Allegri because he's just Mourinho v.2 right? Let's instead stick with a guy who gutted our squad and literally doesn't know how to coach football. Genius!

Shark

@NotShark
I want him sacked purely so I can stop hearing from our fans who keep complaining about him. Hope we fecking drop to be honest, at this point I just want all the haters to see how idiotic they are. The next manager will fail too and I can’t wait.
I’ve read some absolute tripe on here, but this takes the biscuit, give your head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.