Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Don't know why he would pick Young over Dalot as right back when Dalot got a much better cross in him.

Also he need to be more brave and attacking with his subs when we are chasing games. I feel like Ole is very defensive minded and not wanting to take too many risks.

SuperiorXI

Not play Young for starters. Not go with a weird 5 at the back formation with Luke Shaw as LCB and Dalot as LWB. Not sub Lukaku if we were going to put bazillion crosses in. Not sub Young off.

Also, people need to take off their red specs and judge the match for what it was. Zero shots on target at home again, and we've been playing utter shit for couple of months now.
Hang on you can't take Young off if you don't play him!

Who do you replace Young with? How can you criticise Ole? Just curious.

Hawks2008

Got it wrong at the start but adapted well, his subs were a bit iffy though. Have to question his thought process when he let Young run out the full 90.

deadrevelz

The fact that people are using this result against Ole is incredible... Didn't deserve to lose. We are playing against barca ffs. We have a shite squad.

starman

People who keeping saying 0 shots, I shake my head at. I would be worried if no chances were created. If Rashford wasn't so rash in his shooting and got one of his a 30 yard shots on target would that have satisfied you?

Dalot and Rashford both had great chances

Barthez

Vidal was embarrassing, he was put on to put his foot in but was chasing shadows, he looked drunk.
And the cafe wanted him here a few years ago. People really need to chill out! - So many know it all’s it’s frightening. We lost 0-1 to Barcelona; arguably one of, if not the next club football side in world football at the moment

dove

I can't believe people are saying this result is because of Ole?! He can only do so much! If Young plays like the extra man for the opposition, or Rashford playing like he has the touch of a Donkey- what is Ole supposed to do?

I respect that he went with attacking intent, but these players are just not good in enough. We made them not play to their best, yet people say Ole should have had his team take advantage.
Well, that's 100% on the manager. Young has been playing like this for a year now, if he cannot see that than we might as well give up now. And no, I don't agree with this BS that there is no one better to replace Young.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's with our managers and sticking with players who are not good enough? LVG had Rooney, Jose had Fellaini and now Ole has Young for some bizarre reason. No logic at all.

His subs had no logic to them either, starts with Lukaku when were going to sit deep and hit them on the counter, but then takes him off when he brings on Pereira who can cross. Ending the match with two passive players upfront makes no sense either.

He's trying to be too clever and his inexperience is showing I'm afraid.

R'hllor

The amount of fake people looming on this forum is just something else. Why someone cant say, that we were set as cowards from first minute, improved after they scored and then with a hindsight say how sub could be better, last part of the game we were way off. Why someone cant say that him playing fecking Young is on him or certain players getting extension etc. Why? Because he is at fecking wheel or what!?

On top of that, those people being called out as non supportive, making out how they called for his head and similar bullshit. This idolizing nonsense getting old. You think you showing more support by being deluded then those who point as certain aspects they have issue with? Cheek of people laughing at those clowns on RAWK.

Chairman Steve

Weird subs for me but I’m not at Carrington every day to watch them. Again it’s not his squad, they’ve been basically playing must win games since Mourinho left, as Mourinho left us in that hole and we’ve somehow conjured a decent run at things in the second half of the season. The squad have to adapt to yet another play style and this time in midseason. He got rid of Fellaini immediately. Valencia, Darmian, Rojo have been phased out. Herreras heads been turned by Paris which disrupts the squad more.

The club as a whole needs to unfeck itself between now and August, by settling out new contracts, spending money on new players, shipping out the current ones, hopefully implementing a football structure at the club so we don’t have to go all the way back to square one if OGS fails.

Can’t really blame him for our attackers being so wasteful tonight. Fred and McTominay looked great considering Matic being injured(?) and Herrera suffering injury from reading his contract from Paris.

Litch

Ole's subs have been confusing to say the least. That team ended up completely disjointed by the end and at times his inexperience is showing.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he wasn’t a United legend, nobody would have wanted the Molde manager on a full time basis.

I desperately want him to succeed, but I have a horrible feeling that he is majorly out of his depth.

NinjaFletch

This was expected by every single Man Utd fan so therefore why start him ? What does Young actually contribute to ?
He's more trusted defensively than Dalot or Valencia which is hardly the baffling decision that some people try and pretend it is.

Young is clearly absolutely atrocious with the ball at his feet (and he's little more than average defensively) but Dalot has looked a long way from ready in that position and Valencia is a busted flush.

What do we really expect? Yes, it's annoying that Young starts but I remember getting pelters in the summer because I wasn't happy that we were going in to the season with our shit options at right back. It's a problem he inherited and hasn't had time to fix.

nils

I feel really sorry for any manager Who gets employed at this club.

The fanbase is starting to look a lot like the spoiled lot of real Madrid.

Not giving the manager a summer window, pre season and a possibility to put his stamp on the team before the pitchforks are out.

And people comparing this to mourinho? Enough Said there tbh.

AJ10

Are people seriously saying we played like under jose? :lol: Under jose we wouldn't have put 2 passes together or even have more than 3 players in their half.

Feck me you lot like gold fish.

AndyJ1985

Are people seriously saying we played like under jose? :lol: Under jose we wouldn't have put 2 passes together or even have more than 3 players in their half.

Under Jose we'd have had little possession,hoofed the ball, had no shots on target, and then put in some effort when we went a goal behind. So much like tonight

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's more trusted defensively than Dalot or Valencia which is hardly the baffling decision that some people try and pretend it is.

Young is clearly absolutely atrocious with the ball at his feet (and he's little more than average defensively) but Dalot has looked a long way from ready in that position and Valencia is a busted flush.

What do we really expect? Yes, it's annoying that Young starts but I remember getting pelters in the summer because I wasn't happy that we were going in to the season with our shit options at right back. It's a problem he inherited and hasn't had time to fix.
He is defo more trusted but for me there is no way he is better than Dalot (who is far from the finished product) so therefore I'd prefer to give the experience to the kid and hopefully see him blossom. He might get it right or not but with Young there is no surprise, we know 100% in advance how he'll play.

Ban

Only thing he did wrong was keep persisting with Young. But I'm sure some will find 5, 6 things more.

matt23

I'm going to assume everyone moaning about having zero shots on target and comparing us unfavourably to Mourinho's sides didn't watch the game, or are 12 years old.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Hang on you can't take Young off if you don't play him!

Who do you replace Young with? How can you criticise Ole? Just curious.
Stop being deliberately obtuse. Ole could've put Dalot as RB and subbed Young off for Lingard. He fecked up by starting Young in first instance, it's not difficult to comprehend. I also listed the mistakes which he made with regards to tactics, formation and personnel but all that flew over your heard.

Keep on pretending all is merry with the manager, it won't be long when things are going to be bleeding obvious for likes of you. He's playing shitty football for a while now and is being rightly called out for it. Can't be having one yardstick for 1 manager and different for another.

The amount of fake people looming on this forum is just something else. Why someone cant say, that we were set as cowards from first minute, improved after they scored and then with a hindsight say how sub could be better, last part of the game we were way off. Why someone cant say that him playing fecking Young is on him or certain players getting extension etc. Why? Because he is at fecking wheel or what!?

On top of that, those people being called out as non supportive, making out how they called for his head and similar bullshit. This idolizing nonsense getting old. You think you showing more support by being deluded then those who point as certain aspects they have issue with? Cheek of people laughing at those clowns on RAWK.
Hear hear @SuperiorXI

Eddy_JukeZ

Only thing he did wrong was keep persisting with Young. But I'm sure some will find 5, 6 things more.
Shaw as a 3rd CB for the first time ever and Dalot as a left wing-back for the first in his career(doubt either ever happened before)?

Seemed illogical and Shaw was to blame for the goal.

Moriarty

People are second guessing themselves now that the honeymoon is over. Only time will tell whether this will work out or not but @Garethw has a point. Very few of us are looking at this from a dispassionate standpoint.

Vadim

OK.

Does Zidane or Pochettino do better with the same set of players tonight?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He isn't a creative manager - and don't know how to implement really, genuinely good football.

He's been put in place so the Glazers / Woodward don't have to spend on an actual Elite manager, and don't have to deal with the demands of a proper, top level coach.

It was always a ludicrous decision - I believe the Summer and next season will show even further why.

OK.

Does Zidane or Pochettino do better with the same set of players tonight?
Yes.

Both are far, far better managers than OGS ffs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

On top of that, those people being called out as non supportive, making out how they called for his head and similar bullshit. This idolizing nonsense getting old. You think you showing more support by being deluded then those who point as certain aspects they have issue with? Cheek of people laughing at those clown on RAWK.
Exactly this. This place became some Ole Solskjaer cult. We lost 4 of 5 last games, kicked out from one cup, very close from being out from second cup.
And to answer on question in his song. Well, i feel like shit.

shahzy

So instead of putting 2 passes together we managed to go up to 5 passes, still had 0 shots on target and have some fans tell us "it wasnt that bad"
Geez the mediocrity rot has well and truly set in. This is exactly how it must have happened for Pool and then Arsenal. I guess we are next

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The issue I have with him is Young, Rashford and Lingard are his favourites. All three just don’t do anything or aren’t productive at all. We ain’t winning a league with Rashford as striker.

Agreed. He needs to be ruthless with the players or it’ll eventually cost him his job.

All in all, I’m quite encouraged by what I saw. With a bit of quality, providing we really back him, we should see us improve dramatically. Let’s see what happens in the summer.

Paul_Scholes18

He started with Dalot on the wrong side though. Playing Dalot on the right and Shaw on the left with Jones as a central defender would have made much more sense.

Dalot has shown he is really good at crossing which would have worked much better on the right. Playing Young on the left would have been better because at least he would not have put in a lot of poor crosses and his better defending would have helped to stop Messi better too.

deafepl

I'd say in our quality of attack, we're a mile behind them as none of our attacking players and young be composed on balls, it's still not enough for us to dominate possession. Sancho would be perfect to link up with a new fullback and better passers CM.

This is not Mourinho's team, we played better on balls and able to string more passes but need more quality players who can make a difference with balls and difficult to dispossess.

KjaAnd

We played well from min. 20 to 70. Credit to him. But for the rest of the game, we were set up completely wrong. You don't win against Barca by just waiting passively in your own box. It was bizarre to witness us not trying to get the ball when trailing with five minutes left.

Barthez

If he wasn’t a United legend, nobody would have wanted the Molde manager on a full time basis.
OK let’s take Jose Back!!

Look seriously, We have someone that ‘gets’ the club, gets the ethos, gets the tradition, gets the importance of youth, gets the structure and respects the history.

I’m sure Ole is fully aware he needs additions in the summer so let’s see what the summer brings.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What's that? 4 losses in 5 games. Bang average football continues. God knows what the problem is. 0 shots on target in a home leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.