Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We already saw this last summer. We done nothing to reinforce midfield at all, losing Herrera & Fellaini in the process. If we recruited well last summer, we wouldn't be in this situation now. I can only see the problem compounding this summer too as Woodward is hopeless at bringing in more than 3 players. He even admitted it himself.

So we can only bring in 3 players max, making it impossible to even replace the players we're losing in the process each year, but we're rebuilding apparently? :houllier:
Yes, you should have also brought in a CM in the summer to strengthen after losing those two and mean if the worst happened like it has (McT and Pogba being injured) you'd have been able to cope, but it didn't happen and overall most people were quite happy with the three you did bring in and AWB and James have been great - Maguire not so much but he has time. This window due to those issues now in place and having such a negative impact on the team mean that a CM is an absolute priority for you in this window and if you don't do it then it will be seriously questionable management and directing of the club.

United Hobbit

I hadnt seen that we only lose once a month now he hopes to get it down to every two months or whatever he said that is Moyes levels.

How can he be inspiring and motivating the players while saying things like that and sitting slumped in the dug out, I didn't watch all of the post match analysis after the Arsenal game but I've seen some of RVP's comments and he has it spot on, there is a time for smiling I didn't see him hi 5 J Lingz but again there is a time and place for that if he has scored a hat trick yes absolutely hi 5 him and grin in the press conference you can even moon walk or dab with him for all I care but not when he has put in a terrible performance and we have lost!! Imagine seeing your manager hi 5 you after putting in that sort of performance, he looks like he doesnt care and you'll still get your massive wage so why try?!

Oh yet he gets nominated for manager of the month for the PL :lol:

el3mel

Ole is doing a fantastic job. He worked miracles after taking over from Jose, who left us in a terrible state. He just needs time. You can't possibly expect him to get top 4 without 4 or 5 transfer windows.

He's like Dutch Van Der Linde, he has a plan, he just needs time and money. Where is your god damn faith?
And Pogba is Micah.

JK-27

Every player we're being mentioned as being interested in is below the age of 23, and all playing for clubs in the bottom half of the table bar Maddison. What exactly is Ole's plan? To try and find the next class of '92? There's a reason the last 'class' to achieve something are from nearly 30 years ago, because it's a once in a lifetime thing. Also they came through the academy. It can't be repeated by buying in young kids from other clubs and hoping.

When we wanted Jose out it was for playing boring football, old players, and not seeing any improvement in players quality under his management. Under Ole we're playing boring football, young players, who aren't developing under his management. Can't see why he's being given more support than Jose was, when Jose actually won things with us.

Ole out.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Every player we're being mentioned as being interested in is below the age of 23, and all playing for clubs in the bottom half of the table bar Maddison. What exactly is Ole's plan? To try and find the next class of '92? There's a reason the last 'class' to achieve something are from nearly 30 years ago, because it's a once in a lifetime thing. Also they came through the academy. It can be repeated by buying in young kids from other clubs and hoping.

When we wanted Jose out it was for playing boring football, old players, and not seeing any improvement in players quality under his management. Under Ole we're playing boring football, young players, who aren't developing under his management. Can't see why he's being given more support than Jose was, when Jose actually won things with us.

Ole out.
That has crossed my mind and I would think a few others on here. Ole keeps saying how good our kids are yet is planning to buy young players who will restrict their progress, so maybe he is not quite as impressed or some will be off and others will go on loan. So we will potentially be left with three of our kids still here, Axel, Mason and Brandon.

criticalanalysis

The only positive and hope I can lie to myself is that OGS will manage until the end of the season and leave by mutual consent with the club congraulating him or something.

Then we reveal Poch with 3 summer transfers signed up in the first month.

Don't quote or @ me. This is my only salvation this season :(

TsuWave

That doesn't include his interim run, that's only full time results.

There's enough shit to beat the manager with at the moment, lets not use misleading stats to make stuff up as well.
1.The stats exist. It‘s not “made up stuff”.

2.The tweet states that those stats are referring to his time as permanent manager and not accounting for his interim spell therefore not misleading.

Ole is just that bad.

Holocene

What does he mean by the medieval times comment as he's walking away? I can't work it out.

bondsname

The pressure of being United manager has broken him. :lol:

Robin said nothing crazy, just gave his opinion on the matter. While it's good to see a bit of fire from Ole for once, it was really an immature and unnecessary response.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ole calling it his Management style is interesting. I think he might have a point too.

He’s made a judgement call that this squad is young and inexperienced and he needs to keep the pressure off them, him smiling after the Arsenal game isn’t because he doesn’t give a feck about losing, he’s just putting up a facade to keep spirits from falling into oblivion around the club.

He’s looking after a young, inexperienced team and that’s the task he’s been given. He feels that the last thing they need is for the whole club to be consumed by losing a game.

He’s looking after a young, inexperienced team and that’s the task he’s been given. He feels that the last thing they need is for the whole club to be consumed by losing a game.
Nar, that's the task he's decided upon.

No reason whatsoever the team needed to be so devoid of experience going into this season, naive beyond belief.

ShinjiNinja26

That response to RVP is so unlike Ole.
Starting to feel the heat, I don’t disagree with what RVP said either. I personally think Ole’s out his depth managing United but have nothing against him as a person he’s a very likeable guy and it’s a bit sad seeing the pressure get to him considering how nice and bubbly he usually is.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ole calling it his Management style is interesting. I think he might have a point too.

He’s made a judgement call that this squad is young and inexperienced and he needs to keep the pressure off them, him smiling after the Arsenal game isn’t because he doesn’t give a feck about losing, he’s just putting up a facade to keep spirits from falling into oblivion around the club.

Yeah agreed, hence the medieval times comment.

hobbers

Tim "never played a fecking game in his life" Fosu-Mensah and Pereira the already confirmed sub-League 1 standard of deep lieing midfielder.

CM

That response definitely sounded better in his head.

ShinjiNinja26

Starting to feel the heat, his first real test, just smiles, out of his depth. Sums him up right? at least for all you management experts who knows him so well.
I would like you to have this conversation with him 1 vs 1 and see who would look out of his depth afterwards.

condescending fecker
Ohh touched a nerve have we? I was purely stating my opinion as you do in a you know football forum. I have nothing against him as a person, he’s a club legend as a player and always will be but I don’t think he’s good enough to manage a club like United and his current win rate would suggest so also.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd

So nice to read such an intelligent post among the rhetoric ninjas :)

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Skimmed the last couple of pages of this thread. Once again this forum is descending into ridiculous levels.

It's an embarrassing cycle. Win a match and you all go quiet, anxiously waiting for the next time we don't win. It's boring.

Get behind the team FFS. Stop being entitled. They aren't going to fire him because of your criticism and none of you are going to win 'best Ole out poster of the week', so give it a rest please.

5th place in the league and still in all the cups is not a bad return considering the circumstances, certainly not deserving of the levels of criticism here.

Seriously, get behind the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.