Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was absolutely massive, yes it’s just one game in the grand scheme of things but it sets us up for a cracking end to the season, ends that poor run against the top sides, pops up that win rate to something more impressive, something that starts to make you think, this could be genuine progress.
Delighted, absolutely delighted.

crossy1686

career ending
We have potential, but need a better manager to reach as high as we can.
The mentality under Ole is just not good enough. We always bottle it when it matters and raise the game when it matters much less.

Very good performance today and a good response to a terrible week before this game.
Need to see this for games when it really matters much more often.
Or we just need a couple of players that can break down the low block? Why throw the baby out with the bath water? No one counters better than us

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
If we had a proper 20-30 goals a season striker, we would have been champions.
Martial and Rashford are having terrible season.

Ole has done so much right, I feel wanting him to go at this point is just a silly agenda.

We are getting a great striker in the summer and we’ll achieve great things.
Just wait and see.

JG3001

Great win, but let’s be real for a minute. These games get forgotten quickly when you let relegation candidates outplay you. If he gets the chance, has to start beating the minnows. This game doesn’t change my stance that we should look elsewhere at the end of the season.

Robbie Boy

Much improved performance, it has to be said. I thought we might allow them back into it in the second half but we came out all guns blazing and the second goal floored them. Absolutely buzzing.

acnumber9

Credit it to him for getting it right. Hopefully, we can take a similarly brave approach in future games like this.

Womp

idiot
Great performance but we all already know we are capable of being a very good counter attacking team, that's not where he falls very short as a coach imo.

RUCK4444

We're the best counter attacking side in Europe. We're only a few quality players away of being able to break down the low block. It's pretty clear to see to be honest, you've got to be pretty far up your own arse to ignore it
Yup yup. Totally agree.

We need a few top signings and we can really go against these cnuts and the Scousers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Great performance but we all already know we are capable of being a very good counter attacking team, that's not where he falls very short as a coach imo.
Didn't he get criticism for not winning games vs "Top 6" teams?

Foxbatt

Good plan and fantastic result. But imagine if we had won all the games we didn't win in the past few weeks? All matches we could have won. This show we can play good football. But for some odd reason we don't in a lot of games.

Robbie Boy

A win next week against West Ham and 8 points out of 12 against Chelsea, City, Palace and West Ham won't look too shabby.

Jezpeza

Spot on! Gets it right in the big games more often than not TBH
No, his tactics were shit. Flukey penalty even though VaR didnt overturn it. No patterns of play, shit team performance just relied on individual brilliance, maguire and AWB were shit

joking. Spot on today. If anything we just need a couple more players. If we had a proper dangerous right winger we will probably pick up the extra points throughout the season that make these results a bit more important to a title race

Eriku

People say it’s foolish to compare Ole to Sir Alex, and I agree.

SAF wishes he had his success rate against Pep!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Will the rollercoaster continues or will he finally push on and showcase he is capable of taking this team to glory?

This game didn’t change my opinion of him, but it will be a good boost for Europa league. I feel more confident in winning that competition now as this game showcase we have an incredible defense. And good defense typically wins cup competition

SeanyC

Guys let’s be honest we are much better under him that we have ever been, just needs a few extra players to take us to the next level

crossy1686

career ending
Good plan and fantastic result. But imagine if we had won all the games we didn't win in the past few weeks? All matches we could have won. This show we can play good football. But for some odd reason we don't in a lot of games.
:lol: We'd be the best side in the world if we won all our games. There's not a manager in the world that can do that

Zen86

Not really that odd, we still struggle against teams who play deep. Pep set them up perfectly for us.

Womp

idiot
Didn't he get criticism for not winning games vs "Top 6" teams?
Yes and as he should have, we had a diabolical record this season before this game. So once again, was hardly a surprise as we have shown to be a capable counter attacking side. That being said, that's not where he falls short as a manager for me though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Some people will complain about his reliance on individual ability as a tactic -

Yet I cant help but feel like I want to be patient about him buying more individual players with exceptional abilities inside our squad.

Flexdegea

Brilliant from the manager and the players.

He managed to make us solid at the back again, seemed to have lost a bit up front lately but big game today.

Hopefully we can kick on finish strong.

Disgrace the abuse he been getting lately

tomaldinho1

Yes and as he should have, we had a diabolical record this season before this game. It's hardly a surprise that we are capable of being a very good counter attacking team under him, we've shown it in the past. So once again, was hardly a surprise as we have shown to be a capable counter attacking side. That being said, that's not where he falls short as a manager for me though.
That's our first win against a top 6 side right?
Next up is the return of the chosen one

Foxbatt

:lol: We'd be the best side in the world if we won all our games. There's not a manager in the world that can do that
Did you read what I wrote? I said past few weeks. All matches that we should have won. Against the bottom two, Palace in the bottom half. Everton, conceding in the last minute and West Ham was the only difficult one.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For a side that most people expected to not finish in top 2 at the very least, it's obvious that the side lacks quality to put in their best performance week in week out

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
"Ole got the tactics right today and it was an impressive win, however I still don't see him being the man to take us forward" - Am I right lads?

In all seriousness let's see how much praise Ole gets for getting the tactics spot on today. I'm assuming it doesn't get past 10 pages, though if we'd lost 2-0. We'd already be on 5 pages of criticism.....
See post above

Classic Ole. Pulls out a win from nowhere when all the odds are stacked against him. Still don't think he's good enough to lead us to glory but I'll take tonight!
Didn't take long.....

Also why is it Ole when we win and Ole when we lose and never the teams fault? The team played incredibly well today but Ole gets all the credit???

We have potential, but need a better manager to reach as high as we can.
The mentality under Ole is just not good enough. We always bottle it when it matters and raise the game when it matters much less.

Very good performance today and a good response to a terrible week before this game.
Need to see this for games when it really matters much more often.
Eh? Far from it!

The team when we beat Villa showed immense togetherness that we haven't seen from a Man Utd team in years and the way the team defended today was incredible to see, Rashford got himself injured defending today. Incredible determination from the whole team. Maybe we should do it consistently or another way of looking at it is that they all saw as a team their performance levels dropped and have used a derby at a perfect time to prove just what Man Utd can do and there's that added level of spice because it's a Derby game, nowt wrong with that!

Sir Alex Ferguson

Great performance today but cant help but regret all the easy dropped points recently. SHU, WBA, CP and Everton (last minute) and that's 9 extra points that we should have got. Not to mention 0-0 draws against Chelsea and Arsenal where a bit ore quality would have got the W

crossy1686

career ending
Did you read what I wrote? I said past few weeks. All matches that we should have won. Against the bottom two, Palace in the bottom half. Everton, conceding in the last minute and West Ham was the only difficult one.
Matches aren't won on paper mate, never have been, never will be. Dropping points to absolute shite teams is all part of the PL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.