Ole Gunnar Solskjær needs more time and respect at Manchester United

Enigma_87

You know who
Exactly - I think at the end of the day some just like to moan regardless of what is going on, even after a positive performance like Sunday I still see many spreading negativity, thats when you know they have made up their minds and its not even worth trying to discuss a different point of view
A draw at home is enough to buy you more time? Why do we set our standards so low? Just because it's Ole?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
All this long term planning talk is a cop out and a bad excuse for why we're so shit and only sitting one point above relegation in October. It's sad how far the standards at this club have fallen.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Exactly - I think at the end of the day some just like to moan regardless of what is going on, even after a positive performance like Sunday I still see many spreading negativity, thats when you know they have made up their minds and its not even worth trying to discuss a different point of view
4 wins in 22, no away win in 7 months, 1 or 0 goals scored in our last 11 games, 14th in the table, 2 points above relegation. Reading that you would think I was describing Watford, no, I am describing Manchester fecking United. It's unacceptable.

Yeah, we should all be celebrating hanging onto a point at home to Liverpool with 6 defenders & 30% possession. Woo. The corner is well & truly turned!!! People are just moaning for the bloody sake of it!!!!

feck me. We finished above Liverpool in May 2018, less than 18 months ago. Now we're celebrating clinging on to a point at home against them. The state of our fan base if that was a positive performance, we were hanging on for dear life to a point with 6 defenders mate. Mission accomplished Glazers, standards officially lowered.

Last edited:

Roboc7

It's cute that people are still peddling the 'oh we'll just go get Sancho' as if it was a formality even though he will be fielding offers from the best teams in the world and we are on course for our worst finish ever. Last summer was the chance to get him but we fecked top 4 up and now it's a pipe dream.

Hopefully the club have some contingency options in place because we need a RW desperately and Sancho will be very difficult to pull off.
This is where the manager and Woodard need to demonstrate they do actually have a plan. It’s extremely unlikely Sancho comes here, he’ll have better offers and he would cost more than our annual net spend. They have to have a contingency but does anyone actually think they do?. They couldn’t even find one midfielder this summer.

We’re being sold a three year plan, well it’s clear in year one we’re going to be shit and play terrible defensive football. Apparently it’s all part of the plan but on and off the pitch there is a hell of a lot to do and they will have to demonstrate improvement at some point.

Hawks2008

This is where the manager and Woodard need to demonstrate they do actually have a plan. It’s extremely unlikely Sancho comes here, he’ll have better offers and he would cost more than our annual net spend. They have to have a contingency but does anyone actually think they do?. They couldn’t even find one midfielder this summer.

We’re being sold a three year plan, well it’s clear in year one we’re going to be shit and play terrible defensive football. Apparently it’s all part of the plan but on and off the pitch there is a hell of a lot to do and they will have to demonstrate improvement at some point.
This is exactly how I feel. Solksjaer only wanted Sancho for the right wing just like he only wanted Longstaff for midfield, and then when they weren't available he made the decision to not bolster these positions at all as if they were the only 2 players in the world that can improve us. I don't trust the ED or Ole's vision, for all the bleating about his work in the market as some kind of positive he made plenty of mistakes.

smallred

its incredible how many people have their heads in the sand towards this.

we are 2 points above relegation. this run of results isnt just 9 games, its 18. theres nothing to show that those 18 games wont become 28 and then 38.

we are not scoring goals and when you have this problem, you are in real trouble.

ohhrooney

Let's sack Klopp too

"Ole took over from Jose Mourinho in December 2018 and won 14, drew 7 and lost 8 of his first 29 Premier League games, so he picked up 49 points out of a possible 87.

The Norwegian got off to a flying start as United won 10, drew twice and lost just once in his first 13 league games but they have only won two of their last 13 games.

In comparison, Klopp’s record was slightly worse as he won 13, drew 8 and lost 8 of his first 29 league games so he had 47 points at that stage."

matsdf

its incredible how many people have their heads in the sand towards this.

we are 2 points above relegation. this run of results isnt just 9 games, its 18. theres nothing to show that those 18 games wont become 28 and then 38.

we are not scoring goals and when you have this problem, you are in real trouble.
Our two best attackers have been out for a month or two, obviously we're struggling to score.

hobbers

Fans like you would have sacked Sir Alex way before he won anything..
Thread is like groundhog day with this mindless argument popping up once every page or so. It's so awful a comparison it doesn't even deserve the bandwidth.

Along with the other commonly seen vacuous drivel dictating that we can't sign any more top managers, ever again. Because we tried two of them (two very specific characters with out-dated approaches) and neither happened to work out. Ergo we must never again look to put competent, proven managers at the helm.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Because the performance on Sunday wasn't good and didn't convince any of us that Ole is the man to take us forward. 20% possession in the 2nd half we were hanging on for the draw at the end.

4 wins in 22 games is a dreadful record.
A draw at home is enough to buy you more time? Why do we set our standards so low? Just because it's Ole?
4 wins in 22, no away win in 7 months, 1 or 0 goals scored in our last 11 games, 14th in the table, 2 points above relegation. Reading that you would think I was describing Watford, no, I am describing Manchester fecking United. It's unacceptable.

Yeah, we should all be celebrating hanging onto a point at home to Liverpool with 6 defenders & 30% possession. Woo. The corner is well & truly turned!!! People are just moaning for the bloody sake of it!!!!

feck me. We finished above Liverpool in May 2018, less than 18 months ago. Now we're celebrating clinging on to a point at home against them. The state of our fan base if that was a positive performance, we were hanging on for dear life to a point with 6 defenders mate. Mission accomplished Glazers, standards officially lowered.
If you cant take any positives out of Sunday's performance then you are so far gone that it's not worth even discussing

ZupZup

If you cant take any positives out of Sunday's performance then you are so far gone that it's not worth even discussing
Better off ignoring them mate... not worth the effort. Most of them are gutted we didn't didn't get thumped... probably ruined their Sunday evening cry wank.

AceUnited

Fergie was a great manager and deserved the time to rebuild United. Ole is shite and time is not going to make him a better manager.

Obviously you don't know the meaning of "rebuild" If half a season and 1 transfer window is what you expect. Rebuilding a team that has gone to "shite" by bad management and even worst signings takes a while. We can kick Ole and bring in the greatest manger around (whomever that might be) and it won't make a damn difference with the players we have and it only delays the process.
Looks like this forum is filled with spoiled "supporters" that only remember SAF successful years. If you want a quick fix you might as well jump ship and support Liverpool cause there ain't no quick fix to our current situation.

Reactions: Rood

Enigma_87

You know who
No one is arguing that there were positives to discuss from Sunday, but those positives doesn't outweigh the negatives in the previous 20 something games. We aren't Norwich or Sheffield. This club and its fanbase used to have some standards and would never accept being 2 points off drop zone after 9 games and on a 4 in 22 run.
Not anymore I suppose. We should be happy and positive if this season we avoid the drop, maybe? Fecking hell..

koop

No one is arguing that there were positives to discuss from Sunday, but those positives doesn't outweigh the negatives in the previous 20 something games. We aren't Norwich or Sheffield. This club and its fanbase used to have some standards and would never accept being 2 points off drop zone after 9 games and on a 4 in 22 run.
Not anymore I suppose. We should be happy and positive if this season we avoid the drop, maybe? Fecking hell..
It's context though. No one want's to be happy with a draw against pool at OT.
But look at our team, we can't expect to be performing to the standard everyone expects just because we are UTD.
Playing the way we did, especially in the first 60 or so minutes (maybe less) was brilliant and no one expected us to play that well against an inform Liverpool, CONSIDERING our team and injuries etcetc.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We worked our socks off and showed plenty of passion and desire, like how Bolton and Blackburn would against us 15 years ago.

We looked like a small team playing a big team.

Plus, we simply cannot ignore our last 22 games. It's beyond bad form, this is half a seasons worth of dismal results. This horrific run of form has gone on for much longer than the great run of form that got him the job.

AceUnited

So us being relegated is Ole's surprise for United fans. Not that I think we will be. He said some of these players were shit last season, but now they are the bees knees. He wasn't talking about Fellaini as he had already gone, Darmian never played anyway, he wanted to keep Herrera. So it appears everything was Lukaku's fault.
Am I in the wrong forum? Isn't this the same place that last year everyone was bitching about Fellaini, Lukaku, Smalling, Darmian, Alexis. Now they are gone, Are they the bees knees now? there are still more players that need to be gone but can you imagine our squad if 4 or 5 more were also gone.

Rebuild takes time... Now please repeat after me.:houllier:

Enigma_87

You know who
It's context though. No one want's to be happy with a draw against pool at OT.
But look at our team, we can't expect to be performing to the standard everyone expects just because we are UTD.
Playing the way we did, especially in the first 60 or so minutes (maybe less) was brilliant and no one expected us to play that well against an inform Liverpool, CONSIDERING our team and injuries etcetc.
This is what irks me the most.

Playing like that for the first 60 or so minutes should be a standard, not to be happy about it once in a blue moon.

Clearly those players are capable of producing since they are able to play like that against Liverpool, which were almost full strength (minus Salah).

Even with injuries the "shower of shite" squad we have they can raise their level and they can play good football.

Which implies the questions - are they underperforming and is it also down the the management and coaching? Can they raise their level under better coach and manager? I really don't see why not.

Roboc7

Why would anyone read anything into that game, it was a one off. We employed mid table tactics and raised our game to get an unlikely point against a better team. I don’t see anything to be overly positive or negative about.

The negativity stems from fact we have been playing terrible football and in relegation form for virtually half a league season. We also relying on a very limited manager and a recruitment team that have failed repeatedly.

Sheff Utd had same game plan against Liverpool and it’s not a blueprint we can replicate in any more than half a dozen games.

Good luck to people who want to be positive but it’s a total leap of faith that a huge job on and off the pitch will be done well by people who haven’t previously displayed the competence to do it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Obviously you don't know the meaning of "rebuild" If half a season and 1 transfer window is what you expect. Rebuilding a team that has gone to "shite" by bad management and even worst signings takes a while. We can kick Ole and bring in the greatest manger around (whomever that might be) and it won't make a damn difference with the players we have and it only delays the process.
Looks like this forum is filled with spoiled "supporters" that only remember SAF successful years. If you want a quick fix you might as well jump ship and support Liverpool cause there ain't no quick fix to our current situation.
:lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Anyone who'll come after Solskjaer will also need time, funds and support. There's no miracles to be done with such unbalanced team. You've got to continue cleaning the mess and on top of that finding the right players, not to mention coaching them and properly introduce better system on the pitch.

Shark

@NotShark
Am I in the wrong forum? Isn't this the same place that last year everyone was bitching about Fellaini, Lukaku, Smalling, Darmian, Alexis. Now they are gone, Are they the bees knees now? there are still more players that need to be gone but can you imagine our squad if 4 or 5 more were also gone.

Rebuild takes time... Now please repeat after me.:houllier:
Does every manager that’s in the process of a rebuild at one of the biggest clubs in the world have their club lingering 3 points from the relegation zone? Why does a rebuild have to equal the embarrassing and diabolical form under Ole for the past 9 months. Lampard is also in the process of a rebuild, in which he hasn’t even been allowed to sign a single player and he has Chelsea sitting in the top four.

FerociousCorgis

Does every manager that’s in the process of a rebuild at one of the biggest clubs in the world have their club lingering 3 points from the relegation zone? Why does a rebuild have to equal the embarrassing and diabolical form under Ole for the past 9 months. Lampard is also in the process of a rebuild, in which he hasn’t even been allowed to sign a single player and he has Chelsea sitting in the top four.
I think lampard is killing any excuse for Ole on the rebuilding. Lampard is using young players as well and we were lucky to play them the first week. Can see what lampard is trying to do at least on the field there vs whatever the hell we put out every week

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Stand by your manager. Give him two arms to cling to. And something warm to come to. When nights are cold and lonely. Stand by your manager and show the world you love him. Keep giving all the love you can. Stand by your manager.

smallred

Our two best attackers have been out for a month or two, obviously we're struggling to score.
and who are those two players? and by the way, this isnt going on since august, this rot started last March, since which weve failed to score more than 1 goal in 15 of the last 18 league games.

Ole chose to spend €150m on 2 defenders, let go 2 midfielders and 2 forwards and didnt replace them - he thought Chong, Gomes and Greenwood would close the gap to City and Liverpool.

Hawks2008

Let's sack Klopp too

"Ole took over from Jose Mourinho in December 2018 and won 14, drew 7 and lost 8 of his first 29 Premier League games, so he picked up 49 points out of a possible 87.

The Norwegian got off to a flying start as United won 10, drew twice and lost just once in his first 13 league games but they have only won two of their last 13 games.

In comparison, Klopp’s record was slightly worse as he won 13, drew 8 and lost 8 of his first 29 league games so he had 47 points at that stage."
How is this even a comparison? Klopp had proven pedigree before joining Liverpool whereas Ole spent most of his career in Molde and his one time in a top league was a disaster. Giving a credible coach time makes much more sense than giving an amatuer the chance to learn on the job. You could already see what Klopp was trying to instill in those first 29 games, Solskjaer not so much..

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Ole himself got the job mid season and I doubt many thought it wasn't ideal back then.
It was not, but considering Jose was in complete self destruct mode there really was no other choice. If it was just a bad run of games then i am pretty confident he would still be managing us, but considering how hostile the atmosphere had gotten it had to done

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'm happy enough with him and willing to give him time.

Foxbatt

Anyone comparing Fergie to Ole is delusional. What did Ole win before he came to United? Only the Norwegian league.
What did Fergie win before he came to United? He won the Scottish league beating Rangers and Celtic for the first time in 15 years. He won the Scottish double. He beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup. He also won the Super Cup beating the European Champions HSV.
So he had a great record when he came to United.

Ole had the distinction of relegating Cardiff. Now some people want to compare the two and think they are equal?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
We worked our socks off and showed plenty of passion and desire, like how Bolton and Blackburn would against us 15 years ago.

We looked like a small team playing a big team.

Plus, we simply cannot ignore our last 22 games. It's beyond bad form, this is half a seasons worth of dismal results. This horrific run of form has gone on for much longer than the great run of form that got him the job.
Personally, I see this season as a fresh start and have drawn a line under last season (which was basically one period of amazing results and one of immense shite which evened itself out) - I thought we started the season well and were unlucky in several games before crucial injuries fecked us completely.

Now if Ole had a fully fit squad and had got these results then there are no excuses, but when your best 2 attacking players have been out and the squad is already thin in those areas then its a totally different story.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Better off ignoring them mate... not worth the effort. Most of them are gutted we didn't didn't get thumped... probably ruined their Sunday evening cry wank.
:lol: You are right - probably wasting my time but cant help it

I just find it really strange that our own fans get so hysterical and show zero respect for a club legend trying to sort out a huge mess

Bobcat

Truth is Ole gets too much leeway due to his feats as a player. I'd wager if that was Jose or Moyes during the same barren run 90% of the fans will want them gone ASAP, despite both (yes even Moyes) being better managers than Ole.

1. There are options. Depends on whether we're looking at interim till the end of the season and then permanent manager.
2. If we leave a manager who is clearly unfit for the job and out of his depth why do you reckon it would do us better in the long term? Players are regressing, results are regressing. Of course there is no guarantee for success, but at least you have a better chance with a better manager, despite the fear of him not being successful too...
3. It's not ideal, but sometimes you don't have much options. 4 in 22 is hardly ideal either and you can't keep that run continue. This is why there are so many managerial changes and this is not something new.
4. It's not only Ole, no one here is saying that he's the sole to blame. However it's clear that he is not capable to perform the role of United's manager at an adequate level so he has to go.
1. Getting another interim manager would be ridiculous, what benefit would that do? If the season continues as poorly as it has until now, then yeah a new manager is needed, but the last thing we need now is more instability
2 + 3. People love to throw around the 4/22, well, how about this: http://solskjaertabellen.com/. Since he took over he has still the 3rd highest points haul in the league. Cherry picking stats is disingenuous. In his initial winning run we won a lot of games we probably should have drawn/lost and in this slump we have drawn/lost a lot of games we should have won. It even out eventually
4. We are 9 games into the season. Do you really think thats a big enough sample size to draw conclusions?

romufc

:lol: You are right - probably wasting my time but cant help it

I just find it really strange that our own fans get so hysterical and show zero respect for a club legend trying to sort out a huge mess
They all talk about 20% possession playing at home but we also had over 60% possession in some games and lost.. possession does not equal win.

The position our club is at with the injuries and all, did fans actually expect to go you have a go we have a go because that will be exactly what most people on here are labelling Ole. Naivety. The fact that everyone says he doesn't change formation, on the occassion he did, we had IMO a good game V Liverpool.

We know we have a mental issue, at 1-0 we looked relatively comfortable and I am sure SAF, Jose or whoever was the manager would have said we are 1-0 up 10 mins to go, break us down.

SAF used the same techniques V mighty Barca when he had a much stronger team.

Sometimes you have to realise the opponent is better at this moment.

Fts 74

Before the game on Sunday, all I was reading was we're gonna get hammered at least 4-0 it gonna be embarrassing blah blah blah.

Now because that didn't happen all I read is mid table tactics we should be embarrassed with less than 30% possession.

Im genuinely struggling to understand what people want, did many of you want us to get hammered?

For the first time in ages the team showed some fight, and it's something to build on with players coming back after the dreadful run we've had.

We'll know a lot more after the next 5 games until then I'm reserving judgement,if no improvement? Simple, Ed has a decision to make.

el3mel

It was not, but considering Jose was in complete self destruct mode there really was no other choice. If it was just a bad run of games then i am pretty confident he would still be managing us, but considering how hostile the atmosphere had gotten it had to done
Same can be said about our current form, which has been extending since the last 10-12 matches of last season too.

Eric7C

Ok - but when you have 3-4 players not suited for this kind of play and several key-players missing ? How do you solve this over night ?
You do not need specially suited players to do the basics I mentioned there: making runs, not being static etc.; they all involve physical attributes and basic game intelligence, which coaches should definitely be able to instill into the players.

bonothom

Such a knee jerk attitude and unrealistic outlook. How long was LvG given? Jose? Fergie? Fans like you would have sacked Sir Alex way before he won anything.

Ole won't get United relegated, that's just insanity and a ridiculous comment. Jose tried to turn United in to his Chelsea and Inter Milan. He bought Matic and Lukaku and tried to bully teams with his bus parking style and great lump bully up front but that's ok is it?

I don't know what some fans want or think, they expect a manager to come in and instantly make United challenge on all fronts and then berate them instantly when things don't go their way.

If you can't see what Ole is trying to do then you don't understand the club. If you arent prepared to give him time because you feel he's not a big or experienced enough name then that's on you, but the club, team and manager would be far better off with your support rather than your negativity and pessimism. I'd rather be a mid table side for a year if the end product saw us back at the top, rather than 3 years of the shit Jose gave us..I could see what Jose was doing and hated it, I can see what Ole is trying to do and I'm prepared to give him some time. It's way too early to be writing him off and he deserves support. Tbh I'm disgusted at the way many so called fans are turning against him and speaking about him.
Since the end of March United are averaging a point a game. It doesn't take Einstein to work out that if this continues United are in serious trouble and that means relegation. This is not just the first 9 games of this season. This goes back to the last 9 of last season. They may just scrape out of it with this guy in charge. I can just see it at the end of the season, Ole fist pumping at the Stretford end as United escape relegation by a couple of points. He should never have got the job in the first place as he is clearly out of his depth. United continue to live in the past. It makes me laugh when everytime United has a terrible manager we should give him time. Since City were taken over none of their managers have failed as spectacularly as this. If this was City he would be gone. Same as any of the top 6. Why is it acceptable for United to be so shit and yet the managers job is safe. We have become the City of the 80's and 90's. Until the club is sold, Woodward has all football matters stripped from him and we have a proper experienced manager United will never challenge for the title. Ole can't turn this around. He's at the wheel alright. The wheel of the titanic and there's a huge iceberg ahead.

Enigma_87

You know who
1. Getting another interim manager would be ridiculous, what benefit would that do? If the season continues as poorly as it has until now, then yeah a new manager is needed, but the last thing we need now is more instability
2 + 3. People love to throw around the 4/22, well, how about this: http://solskjaertabellen.com/. Since he took over he has still the 3rd highest points haul in the league. Cherry picking stats is disingenuous. In his initial winning run we won a lot of games we probably should have drawn/lost and in this slump we have drawn/lost a lot of games we should have won. It even out eventually
4. We are 9 games into the season. Do you really think thats a big enough sample size to draw conclusions?
1. What kind of stability is in 4 wins in the last 22 games, are you serious? What is needed to convince you that the season will continue to be poor? Relegation zone? Last place?

2-3 I’m not sure how old is that table in your link but I’m pretty sure Liverpool have won more points than City since last December. Probably at one point even the author didn’t bother to update it anymore.

However you spin it - even permanent and interim Ole is at 46.3 % win since the last 10 months - the worst record since Fergie retired and worse than Moyes. Moyes was sacked in his 51th game and it was pretty clear we were going nowhere long before that. Solskjaer is currently at his 41th.

4. It has been 10 months. We haven’t progressed we have regressed. Both in coaching, results or individual players in their development. Our squad is weaker and smaller. Yes, based on the last 10 months is pretty clear to everyone, bar opposition fans and some die hard reds, that it is a disaster of an appointment.

Bobcat

1. What kind of stability is in 4 wins in the last 22 games, are you serious? What is needed to convince you that the season will continue to be poor? Relegation zone? Last place?

2-3 I’m not sure how old is that table in your link but I’m pretty sure Liverpool have won more points than City since last December. Probably at one point even the author didn’t bother to update it anymore.

However you spin it - even permanent and interim Ole is at 46.3 % win since the last 10 months - the worst record since Fergie retired and worse than Moyes. Moyes was sacked in his 51th game and it was pretty clear we were going nowhere long before that. Solskjaer is currently at his 41th.

4. It has been 10 months. We haven’t progressed we have regressed. Both in coaching, results or individual players in their development. Our squad is weaker and smaller. Yes, based on the last 10 months is pretty clear to everyone, bar opposition fans and some die hard reds, that it is a disaster of an appointment.
1. Dodging the questions are we? What good will another temporary appointment do? And please stop cherry picking stats to fit your narrative. That's what shitty tabloid papers do to create headlines

2-3. The table is up to date. And while a 46% win rate is bad we have (on paper) some fairly easy fixtures coming up. Say we win 4 of those and suddenly his win percentage is above 50 again. Klopp only had a 43% win rate in his first season for reference. The thing is, just comparing win percentages, and especially cherry picking stats is senseless without context. Moyes took over a team that walked the league the season before and he followed the greatest manager of all time. Ole took over a club in complete meltdown with a patchwork squad he had no hand in creating.

4. Our defensive record is much, much better. Last season we conceded on average 1.6 goals pr game, this season its down to 0.6. Also, consider that we are only 9 games into the season and we have already played 5 of the current top 6 teams + Wolves away which is always tough. Yes, getting 1 point from West ham, Newcastle and Soton away is fecking miserable, but which such a thin squad and 3-4 of your first XI players injured we were bound to get some rough results

Having Martial and Pogba injured at the same time and then having Rashford hitting a terrible patch of form has not exactly helped either

Enigma_87

You know who
1. Dodging the questions are we? What good will another temporary appointment do? And please stop cherry picking stats to fit your narrative. That's what shitty tabloid papers do to create headlines

2-3. The table is up to date. And while a 46% win rate is bad we have (on paper) some fairly easy fixtures coming up. Say we win 4 of those and suddenly his win percentage is above 50 again. Klopp only had a 43% win rate in his first season for reference. The thing is, just comparing win percentages, and especially cherry picking stats is senseless without context. Moyes took over a team that walked the league the season before and he followed the greatest manager of all time. Ole took over a club in complete meltdown with a patchwork squad he had no hand in creating.

4. Our defensive record is much, much better. Last season we conceded on average 1.6 goals pr game, this season its down to 0.6. Also, consider that we are only 9 games into the season and we have already played 5 of the current top 6 teams + Wolves away which is always tough. Yes, getting 1 point from West ham, Newcastle and Soton away is fecking miserable, but which such a thin squad and 3-4 of your first XI players injured we were bound to get some rough results

Having Martial and Pogba injured at the same time and then having Rashford hitting a terrible patch of form has not exactly helped either
1. What a temporary appointment will do? I think it's pretty obvious - better results, improve some players, better coaching, instill some fresh new idea, even for a short period.

2-3. How can that table be still up to date, considering we have 4 draws and 3 losses alone this season? Say, if and buts doesn't really work well so far does it? If you haven't noticed we have lost points in the exact "easy fixtures" that you count as won. If you use the context to suit your agenda then what part has had Ole in the initial success run? Let me get this straight - he just arrived, went on an unbeaten run with Jose's team, which is shite - the full credit goes to him. Then when he was actually adjusted to the job and given the permanent role we use all sorts of excuses to relieve him from all the responsibility of the barren run, is that correct?

And no Klopp comparisons don't work. Klopp was a world class manager before going to Pool. Ole was and still is a nobody in management who took down Cardiff and is close to doing the same with United.

4. We have conceded in 7 out of the last 9 matches in PL this season alone. Yes it's better than last year, but it's normal considering we spent 130m on two defenders?

Having no backup option for those injured players is also on him, because that was part of the plan, coming from the interviews wasn't it?

That thin squad also was him overseeing the clearance without replacing players.

I don't get it - you want United to do well or Ole to do well? Since when many started to put Ole instead of United's best interest?

Are you happy with the club close to relegation zone after 9 games since decades?