Ole Gunnar Solskjær's Cardiff Press Conference | Updates from 9am

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looking forward to it. Ole is already a breath of fresh air in that interview.

Even if he's shite, it'll be nice not to have a mopey fecker around.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just watched his full MUTV one on the app, he's going to be great for the club even if things don't go as perfectly as they could.

All he mostly talks about is giving the players freedom to enjoy themselves, which coming from Jose must feel like a weight lifted to the players. I can't wait to see how we do under him and watch him manage in the Champions League for us!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just watched his full MUTV one on the app, he's going to be great for the club even if things don't go as perfectly as they could.

All he mostly talks about is giving the players freedom to enjoy themselves, which coming from Jose must feel like a weight lifted to the players. I can't wait to see how we do under him and watch him manage in the Champions League for us!
Every time I see what he's already said mentioned I get excited. Whatever the initial results are, it just feels great that the shackles are lifted after the three managers we've had.

Morpheus 7

Looking forward to it. Ole is already a breath of fresh air in that interview.

Even if he's shite, it'll be nice not to have a mopey fecker around.
Me too, felt so good to see actual genuine positivity and optimism from Ole yesterday. Not a lowering of standards and misery from the grinch, that prick wanted out for ages. He just was waiting for the club to have the balls to pay him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What a refreshing change. Jose's tactics were to adapt to our opposition. Ole tactics. It's not about them, it's about us. Ole - we have a great squad.

I'm sure like me a lot of fans will have that feel good factor back. Likewise, I'm sure the squad will be feeling elated. Negativity has disappeared in just a few days.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hard not to get carried away with all this optimism. Also hard not to remember feeling the exact same positivity when Giggs took over from Moyes. The post-Fergie era is like a nightmare Groundhog day. Here’s hoping we finally catch a fecking break and the cycle doesn’t continue.

midnightmare

Hard not to get carried away with all this optimism. Also hard not to remember feeling the exact same positivity when Giggs took over from Moyes. The post-Fergie era is like a nightmare Groundhog day. Here’s hoping we finally catch a fecking break and the cycle doesn’t continue.
To be fair, Ole is far further on coaching than Giggs was. Ole has coached United's strikers, then managed reserves and then Molde (and Cardiff). He's won Cups and leagues. He's no novice. Giggs was.

BarstoolProphet

Agree. But I the positivity with Giggsy went he went 4-4-2 with his "mates" during the matches. But the difference is Ole is loved by everyone while Giggsy lost his aura and status after the news with his brother's wife came out.

But was hard to not get excited after Wilson's debut though!

Player Red

Also, Giggs took over with 3 games to go. Players had checked out for the season. Plenty to play for here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Also, Giggs took over with 3 games to go. Players had checked out for the season. Plenty to play for here.
Or not, according to the caf. 6th to 4th in 6 months is not even worth trying for.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not about how they play - it’s us.

God how I’ve longed to hear that. I love you Ole even if you completely fail

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, Ole is far further on coaching than Giggs was. Ole has coached United's strikers, then managed reserves and then Molde (and Cardiff). He's won Cups and leagues. He's no novice. Giggs was.
He's also surely miles better at motivating. He's already motivated me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Or not, according to the caf. 6th to 4th in 6 months is not even worth trying for.
The chances are minuscule with the points gap. Can try it by all means but just be realistic that to achieve it would require a Premier League first that would be amazing if Fergie achieved, never mind anyone else. Since 2000, the largest points gap behind top four after 17 games that has been closed is 7 points and that was about 18 years ago. Since then it has been 1-5 points. We're 11 points behind and would need two teams that are 8+ points ahead of us to slip up as well as get a 2.4 points per game average or something daft like that in our remaining games which we've not done over a whole season.

kps88

Any MUTV streams going around so we can watch online?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It's not impossible but let's be realistic, we need to climb a massive mountain to achieve 4th. We need to show title winning form for the remainder of the season and even then we will be relying on regular cockups from two of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Crashoutcassius

just get carried away will you "!!!!

Sambob

Yes it is. 11 points is a huge gap because it requires the other club to perform much worse than they have thus far.
Arsenal are more than capable of having a wobble and one of the teams above us is Spurs, whose manager seems to be having a strange change of mind about things.... Its very possible

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Says he will speak to all the players who don't start at Cardiff and remind them of the need to be team players: "No-one has been on the bench more than me."

That's a great quote.

CM

It’s not.
There's a 12 point gap from us to 4th. It would require close to title winning form in the second half of the season to bridge that kind of gap.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why does he have an input if he's only here for 6 months and the DoF is not in place yet. Seems odd to me

Minimalist

:lol: So true.

“Aw you’re upset about being on the bench? How awful...”