Ole Gunnar Solskjær's Cardiff Press Conference | Updates from 9am

el3mel

Great conference. He's saying everything right so far. Tomorrow is the first game I can't wait for since the season began.

ErranMorad

Great first press conference made even better in the end with an absolute drop dead gorgeous lady asking the last question. I am feeling very positive for tomorrow. I think we'll thump them up by four or five.

JohnnyKills

Only for 6 months.

We should definitely not be employing Ole in summer, as we had no genuine intentions to originally. We all know Poch is the next man who should take over us.
Tbf all the news around the club suggests Poch is the only man in the running.

The only way I can see that changing is if we somehow qualify for the CL. But that will only happen with a miraculous run between now and the end of the season, in which case OGS will have proved himself up to the job.

Guess we just enjoy the ride and see where we end up, without worrying about the long term.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I expect 3-4 games of the same Mourinho style before it starts to look different under Ole. Can’t wait to see what line up he will pick.

red thru&thru

Tbf all the news around the club suggests Poch is the only man in the running.

The only way I can see that changing is if we somehow qualify for the CL. But that will only happen with a miraculous run between now and the end of the season, in which case OGS will have proved himself up to the job.

Guess we just enjoy the ride and see where we end up, without worrying about the long term.
Very true. We need to enjoy the ride for next six months. Just don't want to get sucked into something we don't know at the end of the year!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Think he's handled the Pogba situation perfectly by not even referencing him. Let the fuss die down. Give them no headline. Impressive

RedorDead21

Think he's handled the Pogba situation perfectly by not even referencing him. Let the fuss die down. Give them no headline. Impressive
He just has to hope Pogs decides to increase his efforts. I completely get players not feeling a managers respect I just don't think downing tools is right personally and picking up a wage. Seeing the goal as getting the manager moved on and then picking them up again. I know its what happens but the club and fans deserve better from these players. I think Neville was right when he mentioned how some players in the 80s tried throughout tough times regardless. Pogs doesn't have that many years at the top of the game to be considered the worlds best player so giving up a season or 2 is just odd for me. The impact on him personally is any neutral fan in England basically doesn't think of him as one of the best in the PL never mind Europe/world. Its a real shame for me.

Almost feels like we need a manager who Pogs likes in order for Pogs to reach his potential. Quite an odd thought process to have to consider when choosing managers.

Infestissumam

He just has to hope Pogs decides to increase his efforts. I completely get players not feeling a managers respect I just don't think downing tools is right personally and picking up a wage. Seeing the goal as getting the manager moved on and then picking them up again. I know its what happens but the club and fans deserve better from these players. I think Neville was right when he mentioned how some players in the 80s tried throughout tough times regardless. Pogs doesn't have that many years at the top of the game to be considered the worlds best player so giving up a season or 2 is just odd for me. The impact on him personally is any neutral fan in England basically doesn't think of him as one of the best in the PL never mind Europe/world. Its a real shame for me.

Almost feels like we need a manager who Pogs likes in order for Pogs to reach his potential. Quite an odd thought process to have to consider when choosing managers.
to be fair, there's probably no better short-term option than OGS in regards to "appeasing" Pogba. Coached him before, proper club legend, wants to play attacking football - basically checks all the boxes. There'll simply be no excuses for Pogba now. It's a shame though that such things apparently need to be considered. Players really are babies these days.

if Pogba or any other players don't work their tails off for this wonderful man they are dead to me.

RedorDead21

Very true. We need to enjoy the ride for next six months. Just don't want to get sucked into something we don't know at the end of the year!
For all the talk in here fans will only enjoy the next 6 months if we are winning. We lose afew of the next few games with an attacking philosophy and the media talk with switch to "rabbit caught in the headlights" kinda stuff with OGS. Hell to be fair half of the optimism is based on a change on the teamsheets...if the big fella is on the field and Lukaku etc I think early optimism will shift soon enough without the wins ? I for one expect Martial for example and Mata etc to come in.....

Last edited:

RedorDead21

to be fair, there's probably no better short-term option than OGS in regards to "appeasing" Pogba. Coached him before, proper club legend, wants to play attacking football - basically checks all the boxes. There'll simply be no excuses for Pogba now. It's a shame though that such things apparently need to be considered. Players really are babies these days.

if Pogba or any other players don't work their tails off for this wonderful man they are dead to me.
I'm actually not sure of the appointment. I'm more kinda happy about a change I thought wouldn't happy soon. The biggest plus for me is the general fan base is happy and the light will be shone on players like Pogs. They hopefully won't blame the new manager if he's still kicking the ball out of play from 8 yards.....or holding onto the ball and losing it like a wilshere not on his game ha. Thats kinda what he's become of late....refusing to play it simple and quickly.....How much stick am I about to get for suggesting Pogs is playing like wilshere hmmmm but I'm just trying to overkill the point.

Keefy18

Like a breath of fresh air that.

Smiles, happy, positive and uplifting!

First game of the season I'm looking forward to now myself!

red thru&thru

For all the talk in here fans will only enjoy the next 6 months if we are winning. We lose afew of the next few games with an attacking philosophy and the media talk with switch to "rabbit caught in the headlights" kinda stuff with OGS. Hell to be fair half of the optimism is based on a change on the teamsheets...if the big fella is on the field and Lukaku etc I think early optimism will shift soon enough without the wins ? I for expect Martial for example and Mata etc to come in.....
Again, I agree with you. I think most of us are just expecting to see some positive play in our game etc. Just someone who will let the players express themselves. After that, I’m hoping for some positive results rather than expecting them.

Maybe it’s wrong but I’ve kind of written this season of in terms of the league. I don’t think we’ll finish top 4. If we don’t, I don’t want us to be in the Europa League the following year. I just want the nee manager in the summer to have enough time on the training pitch to put across his ideas. I want to start being successful domestically again, without the distraction of EL next year.

Having said that, I hope we have a great cup runs in both FA cup and CL and see what we can bag.

Ottawa MLS Fan

Feels like Christmas Eve. I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight so that Cardiff comes sooner.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s beautiful to hear him talk. It’s almost like I’m listening to a young, naive and less refined version of Sir Alex. He really has taken note of how the great man behaves in every situation. If he goes on to be 1/3 of the manager he was...

He has put it together that management is 80% man management and 20% actual football. Brilliant. Go on Ole have some fun

Tyinde

No matter how his time ends with United, he is perfect for us. 9999 times better than a trash talker.

Walters_19_MuFc

That was a very refreshing press conference. Cannot wait until tomorrow. I dont expect the style to change overnight, but im excited as to what team Ole will pick.

Definitely saying all the right things. Look forward to seeing if it bears fruit.

TheRedHearted

No shame in it.

We saw what happened when we let Moyes do it his way by binning the staff and hiring his own yes men and LVG zealously forcing his ‘philosophy’.

The fact he’s willing to surround himself with proven winners should be taken as a positive IMO. If anything its been the stubbornness of our previous 3 managers that’s played a large part in our decline.
I mean the fact like it seems like a favor and as if these next six months aren’t big for our transition- which they are. I like the rest he says though. Let’s hope for a new era.

I really hoped mou was going to change himself and things around. That game where his job was on the line was perfect- high energy, strength, determination. Just no idea why he didn’t keep that squad and shape rolling. All the switching, I don’t get it at all. That was the downfall of moyes, van gaal and mou.

Best two matches I’ve ever seen was inter and Barca and inter and Bayern Munich. Hope to see that Mou again. Athletico seems the natural fit. Or maybe back to inter?

Red00012

Considering he swapped the winning coaching team for his own ragtag of clowns and then decided it would be a good idea to award Rooney a mega contract against SAF’s wishes then I wouldn’t say he listened all too well.
Exactly . Why Moyes decided to bring in the likes of Steve Feckin Round and getting rid of the backroom team which were so successful under Fergie was probably as effective as signing fellaini on deadline day.

DBT85

Exactly . Why Moyes decided to bring in the likes of Steve Feckin Round and getting rid of the backroom team which were so successful under Fergie was probably as effective as signing fellaini on deadline day.
Indeed.

Moyes just needed to walk in with his #2, take stock and let the team do what the team did. He treated it as if the last manager had been sacked in which case you'd expect a whole new team to come in. Letting so many people go that got the club to its core was a terrible mistake and one that shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

KennyBurner

As long as pogba and martial are not on the bench then it’s cool. Martial Fc runs things around here! Pogba is a friend of martial fc so he has our protection. Others have to earn it.

galwayfa

Change can be good, the smilies are coming from a manager who always smiled while with us, actually we are not sure are players smiling, pogba doesn't start tomorrow, what happens, toxic environment, how that was created is the clubs fault.

championo

Top Stalker
This man's life is stuff of dreams I tell you. I mean look at the team he is playing his first game against?
What I am most excited about is the feeling that he is going to give our youth a chance. This prospect was practically dead under Jose. He just wanted to buy and buy and buy shite players and complain that he does not get support.