Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Why am I not surprised to wake up and find out we've f**ked something else up? :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't know if he can sort out our defence or manage the egos and cliques in that dressing room, even if it is for a short term period.
Laugh all you want but, we're still in the FA Cup and the CL so the season isn't over just yet for us.

Maybe it's a small sacrifice to pay in order for us to sort out the club's long term future. We'll see...
Always smile when I think of Phelan/Shorts... He's like the lovable uncle at a wedding, who buys you pints

To the Ole Shortskjaer era!

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it is Ole Gunnar, time to get behind him. We are way off 4th and I highly doubt we will get back in unless there is a huge and consistent resurgence in our form and every team above us magically drops points. I am quite optimistic about this interim appointment for a few reasons.

1) Cliche as hell but he gets Man Utd, he gets the demands of the fans. And when I say demands, I mean attacking entertaining football.
2) Press conferences should be a little lighter with no tension, throwing players under the bus and the whole negative bandwagon that has followed Jose and the club in recent months
3) If we don't / can't finish top 4 then as a fan I would prefer not to go into the Euopa League. League position e.g. finishing 7th, 9th, 11th makes no difference at this stage.
4) Not a fact but if Ole does come in that it probably means that Zidane won't come in. We have the chance to appoint him right now. I don't want Zidane as the next manager.

Greatest respect to Eddie Howe, young manager, plays football 'The Right Way' but no guarantee he will bring anymore long term success and stability compared to Ole Gunnar. I'd go with Ole Gunnar if we are going down that route.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think it's hilarious that people are asking for Zidane or Jardim to be appointed right now. It's like the supporters have learned nothing from our previous mistakes, we really need to get our football structure in place before appointing the next manager and this is the right time to do that. If we appoint Zidane or Jardim right now, then the same problems will exist.
Exactly. Also people writing him off based on his Cardiff time, as if we don't have any managers who failed at one club and then turned it around at other club.

Mainoldo

Failed at cardiff. Good enough for united. Let the good times roll.
Failed at Middlesbrough good enough for England.

Failed at Sparta Rotterdam good enough for Barcelona.

Failed at Real Madrid B good enough for the first team.

Failed at Juventus good enough for AC Milan.

People fail all the time B.

pacifictheme

Failed at Beskitas good enough for Barcelona.

B?

Minimalist

Failed at Beskitas good enough for Barcelona.

Brian Clough didn't even last half a season at the league champions at the time! What a wanker!

Red_Aaron

His job is to unite the squad and restore some confidence, our league position is all but decided now anyway.

The boards job now is to work their bollocks off on getting the right man in the summer

He'll lift the stadium at least, bonefide legend
Love Ole

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He was definitely not my first choice but I am pretty excited to see Ole manage us. Be interesting to see how he does with a bigger club.

I was never overly fussed who we hired as interim since my expectations of this season so low I don't expect anybody to turn it around. Hopefully Ole can steady the ship and leave the squad in a better place and better mindset ready for the next manager to come in.

Fracture90

Unexpected but very much welcomed appointment!

Club legend and knows the club through and through.

Genuinely excited to watch us again and see what he'll do with this team, something very good hopefully!

Barthez

All these people wanting Blanc. Nah not me to be fair, he’s been out of work for 2 years! - Doesn’t that say something in itself?

Welcome home OLE

the_irish123

Its an interim position, hardly matters who is there since from boxing day on there is hardly practice time. Only recovery days because 2 games a week.

Irrational.

I'm looking forward to Mike Phelan being in and amongst the club again more than Ole.

Those training cones are going to be set up perfectly :drool:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There are loads of instances when a club legend has returned to manage the club and has done well, inspite of doing poorly at their previous job.

fellaini's barber

Sorry but what's he been doing all this time? I know he had that Cardiff stint way back what's he been doing since then?

KM

Failed at Sparta Rotterdam good enough for Barcelona.

Exactly.
Plus this is a temporary job, all the above were permanent jobs.

ice-bionic red

I wish him luck but am not confident about what he can bring.
Blanc would have been perfect.

This was simply for the feel good factor

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So many really confused people on here. I don't think half know what Interim really means.

He's not the permanent manager. He's taking charge for 6 months to steady the ship whilst the club do the right planning for once.

Also stop talking about top 4. We're 11pts behind (effectively 12 with GD). We aren't making top 4 now even if Fergie came back. Start being realistic.

Reactions: KM

Enigma_87

You know who
He isn't good enough for United and IMO we should've gone with someone experienced.

Still he's a nice bloke and the season is a write off anyway...

KM

I like how 18 matches at Cardiff is better barometer for judging rather than his seasons at Molde where had won two out of the three league titles they've won in their history.

Also let's ignore the fact that he was under Vincent Tan.

Let's get Big Sam in because he has done at lower level clubs cos that's the only thing that matters.

KM

He isn't good enough for United and IMO we should've gone with someone experienced.

Still he's a nice bloke and the season is a write off anyway...
Yeah Big Sam fits the bill.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah Big Sam fits the bill.
As I've said before I'd like the Chelsea model and have someone like Hiddink to interim until we get a full time manager. Blanc fits the bill for example.

PeteManic

I am delighted. This is exactly the type of appointment, at least on paper, that the club should be making. The European model of ex-players taking over is the way to go. United need a ex-player who is willing to focus on relationships with players and actually coaching them. I really really really hope he does well and keeps the job.

KM

As I've said before I'd like the Chelsea model and have someone like Hiddink to interim until we get a full time manager. Blanc fits the bill for example.
Chelsea model had Di Matteo too who's their version of OGS. He won them the CL.

walkinhop

Why are people freaking out? We better take our sweet time and organize the back-end of the club. It doesn't matter who takes us now.

Ban

I wish people would stoo writing season is a write of anyway. We're still in the CL and FA cup.

Enigma_87

You know who
Chelsea model had Di Matteo too who's their version of OGS. He won them the CL.
He was the assistant manager at the time and it was as late as March. We have more than half a season to play.

Phil Osophy

I don't know him as a coach but I can accept this with no problem. If it's only for 6 months while the board work in deeper changes then we can't be too exquisite.

Probably they wanted someone related to the club in some way, who can have the respect and appreciation from everyone here, and reunite us all around his figure.

In a toxic "Mourinho season" like this one it's important to reignite the mood as soon as possible, and playing that card it's not a bad choice. Now there's the feeling in the atmosphere about the United thing, the good old times. Not enough to achieve great things probably but good enough to keep going for some months with dignity.

Good luck to our baby face killer. :devil:

beedoubleyou

I like how 18 matches at Cardiff is better barometer for judging rather than his seasons at Molde where had won two out of the three league titles they've won in their history.

Also let's ignore the fact that he was under Vincent Tan.

Let's get Big Sam in because he has done at lower level clubs cos that's the only thing that matters.
So strange, yet they're convinced by Jardim who has won 5 trophies in twenty years of management and was only fired from his last job two months ago.