Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Bola

'If you are good enough, you are old enough'

Have there ever been such a powerful and uplifting set of words when used in the context of Man United?

Dyslexic Untied

What a week. Jose gone was a surprise. Ole in was a surprise. It being "confirmed" by the Norwegian PM etc. Just, what a week.

Color me excited.

iHicksy

OGS on the club set-up
We’ve got a great set-up. The analysts were watching Cardiff this morning. I’ve seen the teams, I watch the Premier League. It’s about us though, not the opposition. We want to see the players express themselves. Our main focus is us, the opposition comes later.

I think I just came. Literally the opposite of Jose's "philosophy".

Acquire Me

Feck me that was great to hear. United is coming back. I think this season is going to be very special now.

Phil Osophy

Listening Ole is music to my ears. I didn't remember how it feels to have a coach who's not a miserable prick.

AndyJ1985

After years of listening to miserable bastards put us down and big up the opposition, it's refreshing to hear a United manager be positive without slagging off any players or without any backhanded compliments.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
To be fair, I've said some daft rubbish when he was given the new contract - I still liked him at the time, but thought it was too much, but in hindsight I was probably viewing it through an old fashioned perspective.

What I don't like is when people personally insult players - be it Rom, Pogba, Matic, Fellaini, and I think Lingard gets a lot of that too.

One thing I was thinking with Lingard/Son comment above, is that if we do bring in Pochettino (as we damn well should), I really think Lingard would be so well suited to Pochettino's football.

I think Pochettino would really bring him on to the next level and we'd see the best out of him.

Same with Rashford - I think both of them under Pochettino would become really, really top players.
I think you’re right, shits gonna get real

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
As a Norwegian, I obviously wish for him to do well and bring back the united of old, even though I'm a bayern supporter it's like something missing without a really competitive and strong united in the champions league.

We're having a terrible season, so I reckon we'll go out against liverpool, if not it would be a great reunion of sorts to face united again in the finals (and also good to see Neymar out on his arse).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is he serious, claiming that the players are good and that the club has a great setup? The man is mad.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He immediately seems more suited to the club than Jose, I think he said pretty much all the right things in that interview and I'm really excited to see how it goes.
I hope he does give the kids a chance, we have aging and poor players in the squad so there's definitely a place for them if they apply themselves.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Solskjær on youth: “If you’re good enough you’re old enough. I really hope I can be apart of that tradition. There’s some great youngsters coming through.” [mutv]

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah, I was so close to buying tickets with my mate for us against Huddersfield on boxing day, but changed my mind last minute (literally as I was entering my card details). If I knew OGS was coming in I wouldn't have thought twice. Looked at tickets yesterday after his announcement, sold out.
Was getting those tickets available messages all the time as well. Was gonna make the effort to travel up from Somerset as much as possible but Mourinho was really killing it for me. Now OGS is in it's fecking impossible now. Gutted! :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to be feeling excited again. Feels like all I can think about since the news broke is how excited I am for seeing us play under him. Been too long of just not giving a single feck because of Mourinho at the helm, so now it really feels like we have our club back. Solskjaer may or may not be a success, who knows. But his attitude alone makes him more suited to United than Mourinho or Moyes ever were. He understands the club and that's what we need in charge. Attacking football, giving youth players a chance in the right situations, and focusing on football. Not letting everything connected to the club become a circus like it has been the last 2.5 years.

Obviously it'll only be a few days with him in charge this weekend, and it'll take time but all we can hope for is continuous improvements to finish the season in the right manner and playing the right way.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
“It’s not about the opposition. It’s about us. Getting the players to express themselves and play the football we want to play”

God it’s been so long since I’ve heard a genuinely positive message like this from our manager.
Aye we're at the stage where the man in charge saying anything positive is music to our ears. I'm just so excited to see us hopefully expressing ourselves with a dead weight lifted off players and fans alike.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
more positivity from that one interview than we got from our past 3 managers combined.

This feels like United.

el3mel

Said everything right so far. Great interview. Can't wait for Saturday which means we're going to lose now. :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
more positivity from that one interview than we got from our past 3 managers combined.

This feels like United.
Maybe that’s an important lesson right there: approach management like you’re not going to be there long, enjoy every game and be positive