Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking awful from Ole to change the team tonight against a side in good form with an unbeaten record at OT since their promotion. Fecking awful

DRM

Well we were wondering when his first test would come, here it is! Let's see how he reacts after a defeat at OT

alsabi

Is Manager of the Month for January off the table now? The winning run had to end at some point, shame the way it's gone tonight, though.

AndyJ1985

Not sure I can blame him too much. Players have to be rotated at some point or they'll get exhausted. It's not Ole's fault our squad players are fecking shite.

Acole9

Outstanding
8 and out. Wasn't going to go on forever but didn't expect it to end tonight. How he picks the team up will be the real test as to whether or not he's up for the job.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hope he learns from this. We'll see how he and the team responds in the next game.

Stepney73

Hopfully it's a blessing in disguise and he now knows some of the fringe players are simply not good enough and need upgrading.

Plus keep that big usless donkey on the bench

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First black mark against him tonight playing that useless little cnut, Pereira, who should've been tossed out of United years ago.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just as we shouldn't overreact to 8 wins (largely against easy opposition), we definitely shouldn't overreact if we lose one game to Burnley.

Some odd decisions by Solskjaer but SAF regularly made odd decisions too. This is why we try to judge managers over longer periods.

Edit: And we don't even lose.

Last edited:

Woodenlung

Our winning run had to end sometime. Although I admit I didn't think it would be against Burnely.

I hope this gives fans a reminder that we've a deeply unbalanced squad with weaknesses in key areas. Pereira will rightfully get blamed, but he's a young player that made a bad mistake. That can happen. I've less time for Phil Jones. A 27 year old never was. He's never been good enough for United. Ship him out asap.

Dobba

His first feck up and he still almost managed to paper over the cracks.

Still, being shite against Burnley at home seems to be a recurring theme for United managers, so maybe he's just trying to fit in.

Kapardin

Our winning run had to end sometime. Although I admit I didn't think it would be against Burnely.

I hope this gives fans a reminder that we've a deeply unbalanced squad with weaknesses in key areas. Pereira will rightfully get blamed, but he's a young player that made a bad mistake. That can happen. I've less time for Phil Jones. A 27 year old never was. He's never been good enough for United. Ship him out asap.
Pereira is 23. If he had more talent than he's shown, he would be showing it now. We give brickbats to McTominay saying he isn't good enough but seem to defend Pereira. Actually, McTominay would have been better today as he usually does ok against fodder.

el3mel

Even with the wrong choices in the lineup it's ridiculous to blame him fully for the game.

The problem is in our mentality overall imo. Once we get a great streak we enter the next home game playing fully relaxed and thinking we'll win anyway. We end up punished for this shite over and over again, then we start playing by the end once we realize there's no easy game in PL.

I have seen this under LVG, Mourinho and now today. The lineup is far more than enough to win. Just stop sulking and playing that lax as if you have the god given right to win.

Once this thing is sorted we'll be contending again.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is Manager of the Month for January off the table now? The winning run had to end at some point, shame the way it's gone tonight, though.
It's his to lose. Only unbeaten manager in January. Would be our first MotM since August 2012!

dove

The same can be said about Pereira tbh. I have never understood the hype around him. I don't think I remember a single really good performance from him and yet majority of our fans see him as our future XI player. Weird.

Bojan11

Too slow, too passive and not a lot of urgency. He needs to fix that. Same problems against Brighton. We just not good enough at home.

AgentSquirrel

Are the 'Ole out's really starting already?
Embarrassing isn't it? Though entirely predictable. People can shite on about changes all they want, but the facts are, if we'd taken our chances, we would have beaten them comfortably. Missed a few absolute sitters and were all over them the entire game.

marktan

Got it massively wrong tonight. Rashford was playing incredibly well up front, so we shunt him out wide where he's been terrible under Mourinho. Then we play Lukaku up front, where he's been terrible. And to top it off Mata at RW, where his get the ball, pass it sideways and run away has been plaguing us for 6 years now. We had no attack all day, and then when you conceed to Burnely you know they're going to defend with 11 men into the box. A shame, since we've been doing really well, but looking likely that we'll fall a bit further behind Chelsea now.

Revan

Assumptionman
What did he do wrong, you wankers?! Not his fault that Martial gets injured, that Rashford misses two sitters and that Heaton had the game of his life. The reaction was fantastic, and we got a point in the end. We didn't win every single game under Fergie too.

Proud of him and the team. Even more convinced that he is the right man for the job.

Jazz

Glad to see that comeback. He took a chance and it didn't work with that starting 11 but we move on and he's learnt some more about some of the underperforming players.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think Ole will be the first to admit he got it wrong with the team selection tonight. Andreas was very poor and i thought Mata and Lukaku were disappointing. Although mata was better in MF i felt.

At least we came back which looks good.

Acole9

Outstanding
First black mark against him tonight playing that useless little cnut, Pereira, who should've been tossed out of United years ago.
Yeah he's crap. Had a relatively poor loan at Valencia so no idea why he's getting chances for us. Seems like Ole is only playing him out of sentiment because he's a youth team player.

Jazz

What did he do wrong, you wankers?! Not his fault that Martial gets injured, that Rashford misses two sitters and that Heaton had the game of his life. The reaction was fantastic, and we got a point in the end. We didn't win every single game under Fergie too.

Proud of him and the team. Even more convinced that he is the right man for the job.
Yes, very happy to see that comeback.

el3mel

I'm proud of Ole but definitely not of the players by any means tbh.

JohnnyKills

Got it massively wrong tonight. Rashford was playing incredibly well up front, so we shunt him out wide where he's been terrible under Mourinho. Then we play Lukaku up front, where he's been terrible. And to top it off Mata at RW, where his get the ball, pass it sideways and run away has been plaguing us for 6 years now. We had no attack all day, and then when you conceed to Burnely you know they're going to defend with 11 men into the box. A shame, since we've been doing really well, but looking likely that we'll fall a bit further behind Chelsea now.
He's got to rotate though hasn't he. We can't just flog the same players into the ground like we did under Mourinho. Of all the fixtures in our current run, this was the one to tinker.

AgentSquirrel

Did Rashford miss those sitters because he wasn't playing through the middle?

Shyftyy

Ovviously not a great result but it's the first time we faced adversity being 0-2 down.

The fact that our lads kept fighting until the bitter end and managed to get the draw in the end must be a positive.

Judas

Open to offers
This wasn't the game I expected us to stumble, I had a sneaky feeling it would be against Leicester. All bets are off now, anything could happen in the next game. Tactically he got it wrong with his selection, and honestly I didn't get taking Lukaku off for us to then cross it in for the rest of the game, might as well have kept him on for that if that was going to be our plan of action.