Ole has to start agitating over lack of signings

romufc

Pepe signs for Arsenal in a £70m deal pushing the Gunners well ahead of us so far in the transfer window.
When ever fan on CAF says "These transfers take time" Arsenal with supposedly minimal budget have just gone and broken their transfer record. 6 days, that's all it took to complete this transfer with Napoli and other teams challenging them.

We took 6 weeks to complete AWB.

2 months to consider a bid for bruno

2 months to realise Maguire is unattainable.

Woeisme

Shocking how little we have done, considering how much we needed to do.

Or maybe I'm the fool for expecting more than a RB with 7 days left!

I guess we did only finish 30 odd points behind our two biggest rivals. AWB will wipe that out on his own...Sorted

romufc

I guess we did only finish 30 odd points behind our two biggest rivals. AWB will wipe that out on his own...Sorted
We are all fools.

After a poor season, with the amount of support fans gave the club last season. I can remember the Liverpool game where we almost carried 10.5 players to the 90th min mark.

The chief exec come out and said the manager will be backed.

The least then the club can do is get 4/5 players to say yes we understand we had a shocker but we want to turn things around. Get the fans excited about a new season.

How many of us are actually excited to see United this year?

Ranchero

It's depressing that Arsenal are doing the kind of business we need..and their fans are still moaning about a lack of a centre back.

Ranchero

Are we turning into Newcastle? Buy young players who we can make money on rather than recruit quality.

Gopher Brown

When ever fan on CAF says "These transfers take time" Arsenal with supposedly minimal budget have just gone and broken their transfer record. 6 days, that's all it took to complete this transfer with Napoli and other teams challenging them.

We took 6 weeks to complete AWB.

2 months to consider a bid for bruno

2 months to realise Maguire is unattainable.
It is totally frustrating, but just because Arsenal managed to keep it quiet doesn’t mean it didn’t take them all summer to sort out the Pepe deal.

I’m thinking all our business has already been done, and even Lukaku will be staying. That’s the problem with constant updates on transfers - it looks like no progress is being made.

Eric's Seagull

We are all fools.

After a poor season, with the amount of support fans gave the club last season. I can remember the Liverpool game where we almost carried 10.5 players to the 90th min mark.

The chief exec come out and said the manager will be backed.

The least then the club can do is get 4/5 players to say yes we understand we had a shocker but we want to turn things around. Get the fans excited about a new season.

How many of us are actually excited to see United this year?
Regarding the points in bold. This is what I thought was going to to happen at the beginning of the window and was really excited, as I thought this would have been a great way to start the rebuild. At the moment I am very disappointed and hope Woody does something special for the rest of the window. Although I really doubt this will happen:annoyed:

romufc

It is totally frustrating, but just because Arsenal managed to keep it quiet doesn’t mean it didn’t take them all summer to sort out the Pepe deal.

I’m thinking all our business has already been done, and even Lukaku will be staying. That’s the problem with constant updates on transfers - it looks like no progress is being made.

I don't know if you have noticed, once a club puts a bid in for a player, more often than not it is leaked to the media. Not just Manutd, other clubs also e.g. Zaha bid from Arsenal.

What you are saying about Arsenal keeping quiet, is perhaps good planning, get all parties agreeing, put a bid in, medical, personal terms agreed and hooray deal done.

It looks like Lukaku will stay and we won't sign anymore.

The point I was making is after a terrible season, you want to start the season with the fans on your side. A couple losses or bad performances, the atmosphere at OT will not be great.

Smores

Even with the best cases scenario of good quality signings the club have failed.

They made an active decision to get the manager in early to allow for good preparation going into the new season and they've fecked it up.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
I don't know if you have noticed, once a club puts a bid in for a player, more often than not it is leaked to the media. Not just Manutd, other clubs also e.g. Zaha bid from Arsenal.

What you are saying about Arsenal keeping quiet, is perhaps good planning, get all parties agreeing, put a bid in, medical, personal terms agreed and hooray deal done.

It looks like Lukaku will stay and we won't sign anymore.

The point I was making is after a terrible season, you want to start the season with the fans on your side. A couple losses or bad performances, the atmosphere at OT will not be great.
Whatever happened to agents and players signing NDAs. Honestly they should be sued as soon as the transfer is complete to teach them a lesson

Spielmacher

"We've been working on a few cases over the summer, it's never easy, the club has been very good, but the market is very hard."

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Leicester have rejected our third and final offer of 80m apparently. Idiots! I hope we pull out now. I hope we have a backup option

AshRK

It is absolutely sad how the Board and Woodward have actually shafted Ole and if that's not enough come October or November if things are not working it will be Ole who will take most of the brunt and Woodward will just be sitting in his office and looking for the next manager.

Smores

We're just one step away from the old 'There's no value in the market' excuse.
It'll be the whole "we won't overpay for a player or sign someone for the sake of it". Nonsense that's agreeable to the easily hoodwinked.

Giggsyking

"We've been working on a few cases over the summer, it's never easy, the club has been very good, but the market is very hard."
What a disgrace. We are fecking going to enter the season with only 68 m spent. Feck the Glazers, and Feck the stupid feck face Ed.

vidic blood & sand

I'm wondering if the board doesn't trust Solskjaer, and that's why they're reluctant to spend.
We're looking like a club that doesn't believe in itself. Or the Glazers are looking to sell the club, so aren't bothering to invest.

thomas porter

I'd be irate if I was Ole right now...he wanted the business done in early July and instead we've dithered around like a bunch of teenagers.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I've said this every since last Summer.
The aim of the club is 4th place and to achieve this while spending as little as possible, thus maximising profits.
Jose was moaning too much, so he was got rid of.
In came, Ole, the "yes" man. This man won't moan, but will toe the company line.
What Ole (and none of the managers before him) does not realise, is that if/when the team look like they'll fail to make top 4, the manger will be fired.
Jose, Moyes and LVG were all very surprised when they were sacked and I have no doubt that Ole will be, too.

While Woodward is in charge of our footballing activity, we won't be winning the league. If he stays for 10 years, then we won't win for 10 years. It's been 6-7 years already and we seem to be moving away from the top teams, rather than closing in on them.

Foxbatt

All this talk of Bruno Fernandes, Dyabala and Harry Macguire is the same every year. Nothing much comes out of it and then Woodward will buy some guy who it not quality from somewhere.

BaneIsPain

Pity Ole had to deal with incompetent board. Anyone with two eyes and a brain know United need more than 2 signings this season

Bondi77

When we talk about not replacing Hererra and Fellaini I am pretty sure that Ole has Andreas and McTominay in his mind as their replacements but saying that I do think we need another quality addition to the midfield and hopefully that will be Serge.

Irwin99

Wonder if Dybala is really more of an Ed signing than an Ole one. If we want to play a fast aggressive pressing system is this player the right profile?

nost666

How many of you would trade away Pogba strainght up for Savic and Radja Nianggolan.. heck.. we'd prolly save some money on the salary.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ole Gunnar Yes Man :(
Give it a rest mate. When Jose bitched about the Club's internal mechanism, he was accused of being disruptive. When Ole remains calm, he is accused of being a yes man.

How do you propose a new manager to behave in his first transfer window?