Ole post match rant vs Everton

Giggsyking

I feel sorry for him. He is a man utd fan after all and sure he does not like seeing the club failing. But he should let go of his dream being another sir Alex, he is not good enough.

NJM78

Agree with what BT Sport pundits said, this was Ole controlling the narrative, trying to summon a siege mentality etc.

I have no issue with that.
All well and good, let's hope they don't turn back into pathetic, can't do anthing right bunch of losers in our next home game v WBA.

TheGame

I know. I get it though. Those who spend the most time here arguing and stuff are probably the ones who have the most time to do that. They probably feel good by winning a few Internet points either by getting under someone's skin or proving that they were right. Tangible things matter very little.

It's also why I hate forums as opposed to other mediums of discussions. Every single post is given equal importance but that's not how life is. Moaners always have something to complain about and fill the forum with negative nonsense (again because they have ll the time in the world to do that). Normal reasonable fans would rather leave than engage with the drivel posted here.
Great post and hits the nail on the head.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s lost his job. He knows it. Decided to show some emotion on the way out.
It was a great run from Ole. He’s set up the club with some good youngsters. Hopefully Poch gets rid of Pogba soon here and we can focus on system based team player rather than this shower of shite playground individual play

reddevil80

At last, a bit of "balls out" emotion and I can see why the board will back him when he shows this passion. He desperately needs to show this more to win over a lot of fans.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If you mean me, yes I want a much better manager. But I am fully supportive of him here. I am a Manchester United supporter no matter what. So when a Manchester United manager stands up for his club and his players then I fully support that stand. Anyone who does not support this stance is not a real United fan no matter if they think Ole is good enough or not. Or is a WUM.
Good man.

The fact that we have some absolute onions trying to twist this into something they can moan about is utterly pathetic.

I think they view this as some kind of transaction. They "pay" with their "support" and expect success in return. When its not being delivered, they act like a bunch of Karens in a restaurant

hungrywing

It was a great run from Ole. He’s set up the club with some good youngsters. Hopefully Poch gets rid of Pogba soon here and we can focus on system based team player rather than this shower of shite playground individual play
He was pretty emotional.

Wouldn't be surprised if this were right.

crossy1686

career ending
He still has a job? What fantasy is this?

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Good man.

The fact that we have some absolute onions trying to twist this into something they can moan about is utterly pathetic.

I think they view this as some kind of transaction. They "pay" with their "support" and expect success in return. When its not being delivered, they act like a bunch of Karens in a restaurant
Exactly. Hate this attitude here. Nothing warrants the dross we see here at times.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
:lol:

dalriada

This was very clearly straight out of the SAF book of post-match agenda management. He expanded on it on MUTV and said it was on his mind but couldn't be said until after the match, also that the club had fought to have the fixture moved.

Harry spoke about it as well, and, from the players' point of view, you can see their issue. Ole pointed out the difference today between the players who were relatively fresh like Fred and McT and others who were playing two days after flying back from Istanbul, and that we now have two injuries.

So don't have an issue with him having a bit of a rant and certainly don't think it means he's cracking up.

Untd55

A fairly dense take if this post isn't sarcastic.
Not really. Are we supposed to pity them? I will save pity for more deserving reasons

Solskjaer hardly has a hard job. Loads of money to spend; loads of players. It smacks of moaning that would be complained about by fans if any other manager said this, but praised in this instance.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's spot on.

Set aside what you think about his performance, but playing at Saturday on lunch time after playing in Turkey on Wednesday is ridiculous, especially considering Liverpool and City played earlier than us in the CL and are playing later than us in the league.

Foxbatt

I would be over the moon if Ole wins the PL or the CL. I am happy we won this game. It's simply I don't think he is good enough to win. So long as he is the manager I will support his stance in standing up for the players and Manchester United.
It doesn't change my mind that we need to get a much better coach. I am not one of those Poch or nothing guy.
It's pathetic that some people come here and slate him for standing up for Manchester United. If we lost you can say it's excuses but we won today and good on Ole to say what he did. Especially when Chubbs gets injured.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I know. I get it though. Those who spend the most time here arguing and stuff are probably the ones who have the most time to do that. They probably feel good by winning a few Internet points either by getting under someone's skin or proving that they were right. Tangible things matter very little.

It's also why I hate forums as opposed to other mediums of discussions. Every single post is given equal importance but that's not how life is. Moaners always have something to complain about and fill the forum with negative nonsense (again because they have ll the time in the world to do that). Normal reasonable fans would rather leave than engage with the drivel posted here.
You're right and I guess that when you spend so much time obsessing about a football team and dissecting every single thing, losing 3 games or whatever feels like the end of the world.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Seemed planned to me. He hinted a bit at it in the pre game presser and then said something like "more on that later". A Wednesday - Saturday early kick off is ridiculous though. Even more so when teams haven't had a proper pre season and the away game was in Turkey.
Because if he'd done that pre game and we'd lost, people would have said he was setting up an excuse in advance.

There was probably a build up waiting to go too which I get. Istanbul was shit, Arsenal not much better but 7 away PL games on the bounce (think I read best ever or since very early in PL history) plus beat leaders of French league and Bundesliga... there's no balance in the media/some fans. But as we know, United sells.

Istanbul on a Wednesday night is an obvious "let's put their next one on Sunday", it's not rocket science. The issue is it's been "agreed" that all games should avoid each other for now so they can all be shown one at a time. Stupid rule.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not really. Are we supposed to pity them? I will save pity for more deserving reasons

Solskjaer hardly has a hard job. Loads of money to spend; loads of players. It smacks of moaning that would be complained about by fans if any other manager said this, but praised in this instance.
It's not a hard job compared to working down the mines on minimum wage with 7 kids to support, no.

But it's probably the hardest job in the Premier league. The pressure at United is a different stratosphere to other clubs.

Web of Bissaka

Good passion and genuine feelings for once.

Can't blame him, and actually I feel for him. He must really like the United manager job and to have this huge pressure will take its toll on you.

Sylar

It's great that it happened after a win
If he had done it before the game people would say hes already making excuses
After a loss it's sour grapes

After a win, it comes off better as a thought

LDUred

SAF would have been just as livid if not more so, and yet he would not have been perceived as 'cracking'. Ole's job is on the line but he is well within his rights to kick off there. Had Ole lost, I don't think it would have gone for the same approach in the interview. It seemed more like he was reveling in it a bit and saying, 'I'm still here despite the fact you hobbled us today with the early kickoff time'.

Personally I like it when we draw on that 90s style siege mentality and act as if we are battling more than the eleven players in front of us. It is part of the traditions of the club to adopt that mindset, even if the KO time was incidental. With the absence of fans you have to find the intensity from somewhere. What we also need is leadership on the pitch and for the players to show the same sort of passion (albeit controlled) in their performances. Bruno certainly stood up today and by all accounts it seems as if he doesn't lack the United 'us against them' mentality. Bring it on.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The look in his eyes and in Phelan and Carrick's eyes at the final whistle was weird. They didn't look elated, they looked grim as hell.

My instinct was that he's already been sacked before the game. But probably my imagination.

Hoof the ball

I've been, and remain critical of Ole on various fronts. A win versus Everton doesn't change that since we've seen great results followed by numerous poor ones, but putting that aside, this is perhaps the first time that I've seen something genuine in terms of emotion, and to be honest I like it. I like it a hell of a lot more than vague and disinterested answers. Hopefully this translates to some intensity on the field in consistency and Ole is more vocal on the sidelines.

poleglass red

He spent the game on the line. His iPad must be broke. That can make any man angry.

Foxbatt

If he gets sacked I would feel for him. He is a fan of United and hope he will remain so. My opinion of him as a coach is different for him as a legend and a man.

Infra-red

Strange one. Looked pre-planned, like prior to the game, someone had told him to go out there and have a big rant, regardless of what happened on the pitch. He did his best but it's not really his forte.

Fergie in his ear, perhaps?

Falcow

He was dead right in what he said. Making us play 2 days after returning from about as far as you can go on the continent is a scandal.

However he sounded very nervous to me, like a nice guy(which he clearly is) who doesnt do conflict. That worries me as you just cant be afraid of conflict as manager on man united. May also explain why we dont see him on the sidelines shouting instructions during games?

Devil may care

The thing with the rant is the content is exactly what we've heard from Fergie, Mourinho and Klopp over the years, the difference is I didn't really feel Ole came across as angry, more like he had this pre planned and he was remembering his lines, hoping it'll build the old siege mentality.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This was very straightforward.
Board + PR team: Fa- Shareholders are concerned by this company’s per- fincancial performance. Please do something to inspire confidence in our shareholders. Our share price has been nose diving for the past year.

Ole: should I go on a meaningless rant? How about the weather? That’ll get the fans going

Lentwood

SAF would have done exactly the same in that situation and Ole is 100% right.

Other associations protect their clubs when they play in Europe, we seem to punish ours!

Toad

Completely right and it does seem that his bucket is full. He needs to offload some of that anger somewhere and having Luke Shaw come out of the game injured is another thing to top it off. I’m guessing he is fuming over the referee performance also and maybe this is what he actually wants to rant about.

Alejandro Angel

QUOTE="Untd55, post: 26345063, member: 112153"]

[/QUOTE]
Can't agree with your post or previous posts. We would all love to be the manager and have different ideas about how to play the game.
But if it was so easy Pep would be walking the league and champions league.
United under Ole are mostly exciting to watch, players like Bruno are encouraged to play without fear, I would love united to be winning more and think they can (at least a cup).
But remember Mourinho and Louis they didn't find it easy.