g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Sack Watch

Should we replace the manager ?

• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy d

I see some saying it was progress last season finishing 2nd. Let’s be fair about it. The only reason we finished 2nd was because Liverpool had no cbs fit for 90% of the season and they still nearly caught up with us in the end.

Kaos

With Bruce, Nuno and Smith now gone, is Ole officially now the worst manager in the Premier League? Or am I forgetting someone?
He was comfortably the worst before any of them got sacked. Do you see him doing as good a job or better than them at Newcastle, Spurs and Villa?

Robbie Boy

Thing is, Villa finished a pretty respectable 11th last season, and their Board had no issue binning off Smith.

It seems our Board are rather obsessed with keeping Ole no matter what. It's very worrying and I honestly expect him to be here come the Watford game. I didn't buy into the '3 games to save his job' rhetoric, but at least it's evident now that it was bollox, as our last two games have been appalling. So that's 3 managers sacked this week, while we persist with Ole. One of those managers has a chance to take their team ahead of United going into the international break. This is just madness. I honestly can't remember anything as farcical at another top club before. If I were a rival fan, I would find all of this comedy gold.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
With Bruce, Nuno and Smith now gone, is Ole officially now the worst manager in the Premier League? Or am I forgetting someone?
The only rival he has is Arteta...Arsenal look like they might be turning a corner to be fair, but he strikes me as a bit of an idiot.

ShinjiNinja26

Hopefully he’s gone today or tomorrow morning and we can just move on, surely he can’t keep his job given how the season has panned out.
Ive been saying that for over a week now and it never happens. I’m starting to accept we’re stuck with him for the season unless we find ourselves lingering in the bottom half of the table.

PoTMS

Ole's counterparts are being sacked left, right and centre for much less and he sleeps at night content he can do whatever the heck he wants, he'll still be in charge until the end of the season while being grossly financially rewarded for it too.

the_cliff

We’re stuck with him. This is Ed Woodward’s revenge for Utd fans turning up at his house.
I thought about that, he's leaving soon anyway, could just be keeping Ole cos he dgaf anymore and wants revenge because of how he was treated by the fans.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
At least one of the mod in here is either a staunch supporter of Ole or is Ole himself. Be warned.

OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU.
It's not just the mods who dislike this stuff mate.

Ole did more for our clubs legacy in a single second of football than every poster on Redcafe combined could achieve in 100 lifetimes.

It can't be that difficult to show him a little respect.

United Hobbit

The only possible thing I could see doing it would be for someone like Ronaldo, who is the highest profile player at the club, with the club even selling official merchandise designed around him going to the board and saying enough is enough

He's probably the most profitable player in terms of shirt/ merchandise sales and is the one fans all love. Him demanding enough is enough MAY just scare them into sacking Ole rather than upsetting their most profitable player. Maybe.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And that's likely going to fail as well. But here's a newsflash for ya - United are not Barca. Though one of these two clubs acts as if they have a clue and plan.
My point remains, we weren’t the first and we won’t be the last club to go down this route.

Red Star One

It's not just the mods who dislike this stuff mate.

Ole did more for our clubs legacy in a single second of football than every poster on Redcafe combined could achieve in 100 lifetimes.

It can't be that difficult to show him a little respect.
He also did more to turn our club into a joke and to shatter Old Trafford’s status as a difficult ground to win at than every poster on Redcafe could achieve in 100 lifetimes, to be fair.

Ludens the Red

Dig at Ole? Man, everyone likes kicking a guy while he is down it seems
Said this in another thread but a few players have hit out on social media. It’s expected. The ole inners made a massive thing about “toxic atmosphere”…
If you keep getting smashed and keep picking the same players and not giving others a chance. The players you don’t play are going to get ticked off. What this then does is create a toxic atmosphere. That’s Telles, Baily, Williams and Vdb now all taking pops.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Dig at Ole? Man, everyone likes kicking a guy while he is down it seems
Nah probably just a thank you to a respected coach who treated him well.

Williams had ample opportunity here before he was loaned out, its not like he wasnt given a shot. He's still a developing talent.

Red Star One

Said this in another thread but a few players have hit out on social media. It’s expected. The ole inners made a massive thing about “toxic atmosphere”…
If you keep getting smashed and keep picking the same players and not giving others a chance. The players you don’t play are going to get ticked off. What this then does is create a toxic atmosphere. That’s Telles, Baily, Williams and Vdb now all taking pops.
Brandon’s post has nothing to do with Ole

The Bloody-Nine

If you think Rodgers will ever reach the level of other top managers out there then you're in for a shock. We will have a sack watch thread for him here when we fail to win the league and CL for 3 years after spending a lot of money.

I will say it again, overall he has hardly overachieved at Leicester. Just wait a few more months and their fans will be wanting him sacked too. He's a good manager don't get me wrong, but it will end in tears if we sign him. Also, it bugs me that he managed Liverpool and was a bit of a joke to us on here.
I don't want him, either. I just didn't agree that he cracks under pressure. I do think he's a good manager, though.

Levi1

I have a feeling if we get Rodgers, we keep him for too long and miss out on all the big managers like Ten Hag, Enrique etc when Klopp and Guardiola eventually leave in 2023. He's a bottler, he's obviously not gonna win anything. Even his football I think is boring.
100% going to happen. I actually cannot believe the board can be that stupid as to hire Brendan Fn Rodgers. Somebody should take them aside and explain that you "hire" a horse; whereas a manager needs to be "selected". And that managers are like magicians: you need one who wears a hat. And that hiring Brendan Rodgers as our manager would be like trying to fly a horse while its being built. Oh God. Brendan. Rodgers.

I suppose now that i think of it, he's actually a bit like Ole so I can see it happening. Only difference is he's better at his own PR. Im sure the board fell for his saying that he's been promised the City job and that was it.

Robbie Boy

Didn't Lingard like an Ole out post last week, and his brother had some digs yesterday on social media. Ole is in danger of totally ruining any good that he has done here. By virtue of not being a toxic cnut like Jose, people seem to think he's loved by all the players. I've never bought into it, and it seems like it was a fallacy all along. All he's done in reality is pandered to his favourites and marginalised quite a lot of others.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If we're Going by the metric of investment in squad and salaries Ole has to be the worst.

AndySmith1990

There was never any evidence to suggest he is any better than them tbf. Solskjaer is here through good luck and fortune; a combination of being a former player and our club being run by imbeciles. He was never hired on merit.

The only reason he's still here is because the standards are low and expectations are set at a bare minimum. They're so low I'd expect the majority of managers out there to meet them based solely on the massive amount of budget available and individual quality of players.

I've seen nothing, and I mean nothing, to convince me that Solskjaer is premier league quality. The best you can say about him is he's a nice guy who won't rock the boat. The importance of that point has been blown out of proportion due to the negative and toxic nature of our previous manager.

Everything fell into place for Ole, but he's ridden his luck as far as he ever could have possibly hoped, and now he (and his coaching staff) are being exposed in rather brutal fashion for lack of experience and lack of ability.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thing is, Villa finished a pretty respectable 11th last season, and their Board had no issue binning off Smith.

It seems our Board are rather obsessed with keeping Ole no matter what. It's very worrying and I honestly expect him to be here come the Watford game. I didn't buy into the '3 games to save his job' rhetoric, but at least it's evident now that it was bollox, as our last two games have been appalling. So that's 3 managers sacked this week, while we persist with Ole. One of those managers has a chance to take their team ahead of United going into the international break. This is just madness. I honestly can't remember anything as farcical at another top club before. If I were a rival fan, I would find all of this comedy gold.
Few clubs that this bizarro-romanticism that we do with the whole SAF pupil, 90s player, knows the club, DNA nonsense. We've become a bit of a joke really.

Ixion

Imagine being guranteed a job regardless of performance just because your company has never given any thought to who might replace you. Basically the same as Shaw, Maguire, AWB etc. being guranteed a starting place because it doesn't enter Ole's head to change them. Mediocrity is rewarded at all levels of the club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He also did more to turn our club into a joke and to shatter Old Trafford’s status as a difficult ground to win at than every poster on Redcafe could achieve in 100 lifetimes, to be fair.
We showed progress last season, finishing second in the league and reaching the EL final - unlucky not to win it too. How we went from the promise of last season to this mess is a mystery, but I wouldn't entirely attribute it to Ole.

In any case, if you believe his failures as a manager have absolutely no effect on his playing days, then you also believe his status as a club legend is still firmly intact. Thus calling him a PE teacher, fraud or whatever is not valid for a club legend like Ole. It only serves to make the poster look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.