Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Blanc has been managing in Qatar for a year now. He hasn't managed a single European team ever since he left PSG in 2016. Don't think that will be a good choice at all unless he's just for few months. Knowing us though we might end up hiring him permanently if he wins his first few games so yeah better to try and sign a permanent manager from now to not repeat history.

tomaldinho1

Pochettino?

He would leave Psg now to manage United in October?

Science fiction
Apparently he's not enjoying living in Paris. I have no idea if that's true but have seen it repeated a lot across different football outlets. Agree though, very unlikely.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ole needs to go, but if it’s going to be Brendan Rodgers, don’t bother.

We are in a precarious position in our CL group, and would get in a manager who has been very poor in Europe. No thanks.

::sonny::

If they sack Ole

They have to sack Mckenna, Carrick and Phelan (all extended their contract 1 week ago till 2024)

Mckenna, Carrick and Phelan Have the biggest responsibility

Ole doesn’t know nothing about tactics and coaching, they did all that (terrible) job

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I agree. Some posters seem to be panicking about the use of 'caretaker' and the (low) possibility of them becoming the permanent manager :lol:
Imagine them getting all excited about the "PE teacher" finally getting sacked - only to see him replaced, permanently, with D. Fletcher.

Part of me (a very petty and sadistic part) would enjoy that.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ten Hag.
Of course some might not agree. But why should we limit ourselves to coaches that are not under contract? The club should go for the best possible coach and the best fit they can get. I am certain that man isn't Conte but that's just my opinion.
My thoughts exactly. I'd absolutely hate for any of our coaching staff to take over but if it gives us time to look at managers under contract then I'd take it till the end of the season. What's another 6 months after the shitshow we've been seeing for the last 8 years?

Unless Barca poach him first then someone like Ten Hag would be worth the risk. Just because he's not available now doesn't mean he won't be at the end of the season. A progressive, modern thinking manager. What sort of witchcraft is this?

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Liverpool was a woeful performance and it could have been a lot worse.

Has his position been damaged? Without question. He's lucky to still be in a job.

We've got a tough run of fixtures coming up and that's his chance to galvanise the team and put things right. I would give him up until the next international break to see if there has been any response from the players against Spurs, Atalanta, and City.

If there hasn't been any recovery by then I would bring in a replacement but we are unlikely to get a main target part way through a season, so it may have to be a caretaker-style coach.

I don't think Ole's the right man to take us forward but there's no point in having a knee jerk reaction simply to take a heavy loss out on someone.
IMO you’ve got it more right than most.

OK so there’s a lot of hate being directed at the man but he has actually done a decent job since he’s been with you and what good would sacking him now do for anyone?
He’s maintained your position towards the top of the premier league and got some good results against big teams (especially us) during the process. I think the vitriol towards him is due to an expectation that you’ll win stuff, which is fair I suppose but it doesn’t mean that he’s not good at his job, it just means that he’s not been exceptional so far.

If I had a say in things then I’d keep him until the end of the season while interviewing and agreeing a start date for Conte or Zidane et al.
I don’t think either would want to jump in suddenly and take over a squad with so many older and / or static players in it because they’d want to put their stamp on the way you play and you simply can’t play modern high press football with your current squad.

I’d want the new manager to be introduced into the club in an observers role by early March, so that whoever it is can form relationships with the rest of your club management structure, and appreciate & identity what they need to change from day one of wearing the big hat.
That way you’d know who you need to pay off or sell and what kind of players you need to bring in, in the summer window, to play the expansive possession football that the likes of Conte / Zidane will insist on.

I don’t think that changing your manager right now has any logic because, despite some pantomime dame wailing from the childish and hysterical, you’ll finish in the top 4 if you don’t change anything and bringing your new man in now would signal to certain players that they’re not wanted, thus fermenting dissent for the rest of the season and possibly derailing the top 4 finish that Ole has already proven himself comfortable in achieving.

What does the Ole out crowd want to do - bring in Fat Sam tomorrow to save you from the relegation that certainly isn’t on the cards?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My guy. You can't say something like this and not provide anything for us to read that from.
I have, bro. See the link above. Pogba spoke out after Leicester defeat and Ronaldo also hinted at something in midweek.

Rista

He needs to be given 5 more years imo because sacking him will not solve every other problem we have therefore it's not worth doing.

swissgenius

Lucien Favre anyone?
he's available atm.
My personal favourite, tactically and in terms of man-management.
But he probably isn't the man for such a big club, fans, media etc.
For his teams to work out well, he needs patience and silence..

Teja

We are not going to give Conte a 1.5 year deal now and there is no way on earth he works accept one either.

The man is a proven winner and is at the top of his game. He is the one that will dictate his terms and that's the way it should be
Tuchel did. I think the appeal of managing Manchester United and players like Ronaldo, Pogba, Bruno, Rashford etc. is enough for any manager to jump at the opportunity.

They might need to pay a higher signing on bonus than usual or whatever but it's almost two complete seasons (it's only October!), I don't think he'll say no. Seriously, it's either us or some club in worse state like Spurs for him. The answer is easy.

Ixion

I prefer Conte to Zidane, at least he's proven across multiple clubs.

Swiss_Red89

My personal favourite, tactically and in terms of man-management.
But he probably isn't the man for such a big club, fans, media etc.
For his teams to work out well, he needs patience and silence..
Yep. Comes across as quite sensible when it comes to pressure. So United probably not for him. But as you mentioned, he is a brilliant tactician.
Would have loved for him to take over the national team after the euros. But unfortunately he wasn't interested.

RepardReece

I prefer Conte to Zidane, at least he's proven across multiple clubs.
Wow, multiple clubs. Zidane won 3 champions league's in a row. Then won La Liga without Ronaldo in his second stint. Either way, looks like Zidane is out.

YikesSchmeics

Apparently he's not enjoying living in Paris. I have no idea if that's true but have seen it repeated a lot across different football outlets. Agree though, very unlikely.
You know he lived in Paris for 2 years as a player too. He knew what he was going to in that sense so I doubt that is true.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Drip drip drip. Leaks all over the place. I hope they’ve told Ole rather than doing the Woodward special in the media.
This. We don’t have to keep him around because he’s a club legend, but at the very least he deserves it to be handled the right way. I’d like to think he was informed this morning. He looked like he was expecting it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.