Ole signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What manager should we get thing is so annoying tbh . Yes Pep & Klopp are great but that doesn’t mean you just give up and don’t even try to beat them. You need to find the guy who is going to beat them rather than just say that look at least we are doing better than before

Dr. StrangeHate

Chelsea had an England-esque route to the final. I'm confident with that draw we could have got there as well. Chelsea had no business being in a CL final if all things were fair and equal.
We couldn't best Villarreal and you think we can beat Atletico and Real.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yes but what did we win over the last 2 seasons compared to Liverpool and Chelsea? :lol:. You left yourself wide open there. Just saying.
Again though the context is that Ole inherited an absolute mess only two seasons ago yet is progressing faster than most of the teams around us. The proof will be in the pudding in the next season to two but to pretend he hasn’t done a great job so far is stupid.

Real Name

Excellent news. As expected usual suspects are up in arms about it. Always the same bunch.

Love the rival fans laughing stuff. It's as if some can't form their opinion without checking what the rival fans are saying on social media.

Last edited:

Godfather

He'll have to deliver a trophy this season with Sancho and potentially Varane coming in. No two ways about it

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's almost as if the highest paid GK and Spanish player in the world was trusted to do a job he's paid for instead of throwing an inexperienced kid into the firing line.
I have zero interest in engaging with someone as deluded as you. Go, troll someone else.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What manager should we get thing is so annoying tbh . Yes Pep & Klopp are great but that doesn’t mean you just give up and don’t even try to beat them. You need to find the guy who is going to beat them rather than just say that look at least we are doing better than before
Let’s change the manager every season untill it works then?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How much is he getting paid yearly? Let's say it's the same as what he is getting currently which is £7.5m a year. If we have a terrible season next year where we again win nothing, that's nearly £20m in compensation we will owe him if we can want to sack him which will make pulling the trigger that much harder. We never ever fecking learn.
Just like any other club then?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Glad we waited til after the season ended, and he deserves the payoff he'll get if he's now sacked early.

But for me jury is still very much out. He's definitely done okay, I like the squad direction but there are so many matches where we just don't like coherent that I still worry alot about tactics.

We cannot fall behind every match and trust that we'll come back. That kind of 'outperforming' doesn't maintain over time.

Huge season not just for Ole, but the whole club because we're clearly all in on the Ole train, and I'm still not sold that he's a top coach. I wish he was, cause he's Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bit premature. That's exactly what we thought with Jose as well. He got us trophies, then a second position , a new contract only to be sacked 6 months later.

While I agree Ole has been fine, we should have waited until atleast Christmas to see how things go in this season. If we are far behind, he is getting the sack anyway. So I really don't understand the timing. What difference would it have made be it July or December ?

Baffling !
Big clubs don't have managers on expiring contracts. Do you really need an explanation into WHY that is?

There's also this upward trajectory the club is on, which would be the reason the contract was given.

To put it differently: The club has no indication that we will be far behind, given last seasons results. The contract, like any contract, is a calculated risk. Now please don't interpret the word risk as meaning something dangerous to the club, compare it to the risk of walking to the grocery store, or crossing the road. You have experienced enough sample sizing to know that crossing the road is most likely going to be fine, just as the club have enough impression to indicate that giving a new contract is in likelyhood going to be a positive.

The club is commiting to the project, time for sulky fans to do as well.

crossy1686

career ending
I have zero interest in engaging with someone as deluded as you. Go, troll someone else.
So I make a valid point and I'm a troll? It's almost as if you are completely absolving a seasoned professional from their duties because you don't like the manager. Strange that...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If they want to sack him at Christmas, they'll do that without much care or concern at how much it will cost to pay him off, there's obviously budget put aside for that kind of thing.

However, we hear time and time again, it's hard to attract players if they don't know who the manager will be next season. Solskajer might really fancy someone, but the next manager might stick him on the bench because he doesn't fit a new formation or style of play.
Tuchel was signed for less than 2 years . Poch too. Did it really impact the club's transfers ? It's really a myth that players are signing up for the managers. And it's not like we don't have a manager. He still has a contract for an year.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He (rightly) wasn't going to be sacked this summer, so a contract had to happen.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be sacked if he underperforms in the coming season though.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’m not even a mad Ole inner but this is good news. Settles the potential storm of ‘will the club back him’ over the coming months and presents stability going into the season.

Plus, the squad is heading in the right direction now and Ole has to take big credit for that. The type of player we’re signing and looking to sign is excellent.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Fair enough.

Your sarcasm meter needs working mate.

You were listing out his achievements of reaching SF and Finals as mark of progress. What else am I supposed to take away from that?

Progress under him has been marginal, we still play putrid shit most of the time under him. I've repeatedly said, he did a great job, yes great job, stabilizing us, post-Mourinho. And, made decent signings. But, at the same time, there are huge holes tactically, which repeatedly get exposed. Lesser said about his in-game management, the better. We need our manager to be a lot more than be an excellent man-manager. Just, look at the caliber of manager he is up against when it comes to winning prizes.

If only, there was a decent GK on the bench who has >50% penalty saving record..

If only, there were options on the bench to go for the win after equalizing, instead of chickening out and playing for penalties...

Actually, I give up. I simply don't have the energy to argue anymore.
You are supposed to take away that it is just that, progress. Hence why he has been given an extension. Are you suggesting that we sack our manager when they don't win trophies in this progress? Our club was in a dire situation when he took over, nowhere near ready to challenge for the league or win any cup competition! He has made excellent progress with what he had inherited and has now put us into positions to win trophies, hence the SF's and the final I mentioned. That is progress, whether he won trophies or not. What he has done with the squad and first team and scouting and pathways to the first team is progress.

I am not saying that I would be happy if we didn't win trophies over the next few seasons. I wouldn't, because that would suggest that progress has stagnated and therefore, he would have taken them as far as he can. But I don't know how, after watching them the past few seasons compared to Mourinho's tenure that any fan can say progress has been marginal!

wolvored

Chelsea had an England-esque route to the final. I'm confident with that draw we could have got there as well. Chelsea had no business being in a CL final if all things were fair and equal.
That just doesnt make any sense at all. We couldnt qualify because we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Chelsea beat Real Madrid Atletico Porto and City to win it so how was that easy?

TrustInJanuzaj

What a shame that our fans can’t actually join together and get behind a manager who should be loved and who thus far has done a good job. This is the time we should all be happy and start to put pressure on the team to win some trophies. Mourinho really did create some insurmountable divisions in this fanbase and you still feel the effects today.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We could sign Sancho, Varane and a top class DM before the window shuts and we'll still have to be quiet about those kind of statements. What's funny is those that have the utmost faith in OGS won't even go there. That surely says something.
Again it’s context isn’t it. Let’s say we sign Sancho, Varane and Rice and keep Pogba then yes I would expect us to challenge for everything regardless of what anyone else does. If we sign Sancho and Varane but sell Pogba and replace him with an 18 year kid from France with City signing Kane and Grealish then it’s going to be pretty tough isn’t it? He’s competing against arguably the greatest manager in history who is funded by a fecking state. That’s the context of the situation.

JustAGuest

What if we add Varane and another world class player to Sancho this summer. He'll still need another five or six to get anywhere close?
That's just speculation now isn't it?

If we do get Varane and a good midfielder I would expect us to be equal with Liverpool and Chelsea, but ultimately behind City. Whether it is close or not will depend on whether City hit close to 100 points again.

POF

Fantastic news! A thoroughly deserved extension that he has earned by doing a great job.

I'm really looking forward to fans getting back in the stadium.

For fans who want him out because of what they read on social media, it will give them a more positive reference to make their mind up for them.

TrustInJanuzaj

That just doesnt make any sense at all. We couldnt qualify because we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Chelsea beat Real Madrid Atletico Porto and City to win it so how was that easy?
On paper tough, in reality that was an easy draw. Real Madrid and Atletico are a shadow of the teams they had 5 years ago. Beating City was impressive though but anything can happen in a one off game.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Wonder how all those Ole haters are going to cope knowing that he's here for the foreseeable future

El Zoido

He’s doing an awful lot behind the scenes as well, it’s about more than just performances on the pitch and results (which are good). I honestly can’t think of a manager that would do a better job than him right now, I’m excited for the new season. Need a couple more signings though.

crossy1686

career ending
I never said it was easy, I said we could have also done that. We've beaten big teams before and we will again next season. Not sure why people are so up in arms about an opinion that we could have beaten big teams (which we consistently have done) because they leave space in behind. I'm not saying we're amazing and Chelsea are shit. I think their draw was favourable when you look at who they played and when they played them.

tomaldinho1

This news really makes no difference and shouldn’t for any fan - this season United have to deliver. If we do, he’s already got a long contract and if he doesn’t then he gets a nice pay-off I guess.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Atleti hadn't won a game in 15 when they played Chelsea, they were in dire form. Madrid have an aged side that was at civil war with the board. They're big names but they weren't exactly current Bayern. Anything can happen in a final, we saw that ourselves.
Ey? They won 11 out of 15 games before the first leg.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
So I make a valid point and I'm a troll? It's almost as if you are completely absolving a seasoned professional from their duties because you don't like the manager. Strange that...
Yes, you are a troll because you legitimately believe we'd have won the CL if we got the same draw as Chelsea when we couldn't best some random Turkish League and lost to both PSG and Leipzig while needing a solitary point to qualify for CL KOs.

That seasoned professional was terrible at saving penalties, even is his prime. I was the one who made the thread. DDG has saved 11/64 penalties in his professional career. Henderson 8/19. That's percentage of 17 v 42. For someone who's being paid as much as Ole, ought to have known these numbers before trusting him to do a job which he has failed to do adeptly even in his hey days. These are one of many many, shortcomings in Ole as a manager but someone as deluded as you will never grasp it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
What a shame that our fans can’t actually join together and get behind a manager who should be loved and who thus far has done a good job. This is the time we should all be happy and start to put pressure on the team to win some trophies. Mourinho really did create some insurmountable divisions in this fanbase and you still feel the effects today.
Yeah, agreed. As I’ve said, I’m not a fervent Ole in guy but he absolutely deserves this and I’m happy for him. It’s strange people can’t see we’ve made progress even though we’ve not won a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.