Ole will be in attendance for the game against Wolves tomorrow

lex talionis

Ole should be honored for his achievements as a player. As for his tenure as manager, it's best overlooked.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
There were some good times with him as manager.

Edwards6

Will be glad to see him back, obviously things ended badly for him but I think people go over the top with the criticism of him as a manager. we definitely saw progression when he got us to 2nd and 3rd unfortunately he just couldn't take us the next step to challenging for the title or winning trophies. Hope to see him back in management again soon and good luck to him

nainaisson

Brexit Jim taking over

Ole back at Old Trafford

City winning the treble on Fergie's birthday

Wout Weghorst offered a 10 year contract

fecking hate this club
What if they go back in time and win the treble on the very day he was born? They have enough money to build a time machine.

Anders Agnalt

In the first season, he finished 6th in the league, then improved to 3rd and eventually 2nd place. However, Ronaldo's ego outgrew the training field and he was sacked in November. What if he had not been sacked and had continued to play with the youthful squad?
He is always worthy of a warm welcome because he is a legend!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I remember his outside of the boot finish toward the end of the 2007 season. Against Charlton i think? I couldn't believe how calm and cool he took that chance.

He was playing on 1 knee too.

Can finishing be taught or are you born with that instinct?
Only Weghorst can answer this honestly.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I remember his outside of the boot finish toward the end of the 2007 season. Against Charlton i think? I couldn't believe how calm and cool he took that chance.

IMO he was the best pure finisher we've had in the 25 or so years I've been watching. We've had others who were almost as good a finisher while being better at actually getting on the end of chances or creating their own chances so ultimately scored quite a lot more (Ruud, Ronaldo, etc), but if I had to bet my life on any one of our players actually finishing a chance it'd be Ole.

I'd say it's part natural instinct and part learned.

AFC NimbleThumb

In the first season, he finished 6th in the league, then improved to 3rd and eventually 2nd place. However, Ronaldo's ego outgrew the training field and he was sacked in November. What if he had not been sacked and had continued to play with the youthful squad?
He is always worthy of a warm welcome because he is a legend!
I wholly believe this fanbase don’t actually want success again.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
They should ask Erik if he will allow it. I would not want him in the stands when the result 0-1 to Wolves and the camera picks him every few minutes undermining our own manager.
Yup. ETH is a child and will be massively upset by it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good, hopefully be can give ETH a few pointers on how to play some exciting football.
Bite ya bastards

Yakuza_devils

Rumour has it that our one and only Ed will also be in attendance together with Ole to bring back the memories of glory days at the club.

Josh 76

The last time he was at OT.
0-5 to them feckers!

Will never understand how he tried to press over night against the best team around at doing that.

Shocking management!

M16Red

Talented manager like that, should be worki.... oh wait.

OrcaFat

Still think we played some great football under him. Underrated tactically and, mainly, his results equalled or exceeded the quality of his squad (whether you blame him for assembling it or not). His personality style and public perception of him was the real problem.

There were lows but some relative highs and the promise of more (but for a missed penalty taken by the goalie). It’s evident from posts in this thread that there’s still some resentment towards him which I just don’t get. It didn’t work out but why don’t we leave it there instead of sticking the boot in every time his name is mentioned.

Cloud7

Can he be registered to play up front for this match?

Cloud7

Good on him for speaking out on this. As our most recent ex manager he is best placed to comment on this, especially as there are people who say that Ronaldo was exaggerating or that it's not that bad.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
be good to see him back. Hopefully the lads put in a great performance for him. He never left with a bad taste, he left with pride at having had the chance to manage the biggest team in the world and the team he loves.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Can anyone remember his debut ? From memory it was 2-2, at ot and he scored twice?

My memory may have just made this up.

OrcaFat

The last time he was at OT.
0-5 to them feckers!

Will never understand how he tried to press over night against the best team around at doing that.

Shocking management!
Yeah he made some serious miscalculations in the run up to being sacked. Tried to play a different style without the players or drills to do it. We know he wasn’t quite up to it and it all got away from him pretty badly at the end.

What I don’t like is the unrelenting negative comment about him which started early, continued even when we were 2nd in the league and challenging for cups, and goes on now, long after he left the club. A lot of what’s said wasn’t true but people thought he hadn’t earned the right to be there and, basically, his face didn’t fit. Lampard, for example, got a very easy ride in comparison because he’s a bloke’s bloke, despite being not very good at all.

GeordieRed

This was from a Q&A with him in Manchester last night (he mentioned he’ll be meeting with Richard Arnold)

He definitely did not seem to be the biggest fan of the Glazers and repeatedly made references to the “wrong people at the top”

He mentioned that Sir Jim had tried to get him involved with Nice, but that he didn’t think he’s the one to turn United around (this was on the back of his comments about OT etc being neglected).

Real_Knut

I remember Ole from when he was 13-14 and his finishing certainly didn't stand out at the time. A guy who played in my team and was the same age was a lot better. Ole really started doing that at around 17-18, so I think it's safe to say that he learnt it/taught himself.

I have to say that I probably never had much faith in Ole at any of his career moves as a player or a manager. The only time I was right was when he was made permanent manager. He is a United legend (and a Molde one) and I absolutely love him for it.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
This was from a Q&A with him in Manchester last night (he mentioned he’ll be meeting with Richard Arnold)

He definitely did not seem to be the biggest fan of the Glazers and repeatedly made references to the “wrong people at the top”

He mentioned that Sir Jim had tried to get him involved with Nice, but that he didn’t think he’s the one to turn United around (this was on the back of his comments about OT etc being neglected).
He said that Ratcliff had tried to get him involved at Nice? When?

Furthermore, that he did not believe Ratcliff is a good fit for Man Utd? Quite a statement!

Does anyone have any more info on this? The quotes?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He said that Ratcliff had tried to get him involved at Nice? When?

Furthermore, that he did not believe Ratcliff is a good fit for Man Utd? Quite a statement!

Does anyone have any more info on this? The quotes?
“It needs to be done,” said Solskjaer. “Old Trafford is neglected. The training ground has been neglected. We need to catch up with the other teams.”

Without saying it categorically, Solskjaer gave the impression he was supportive of Sir Jim Ratcliffe rather than the Qatari bidders, whom he did not mention. Ratcliffe is the owner of Nice in Ligue 1 and, though it has been kept a secret until now, Solskjaer revealed that the French club had tried to appoint him as manager.

Yet Solskjaer did not sound convinced Ratcliffe would end up with full control of the club. “I’m not sure he can get the whole lot,” he said. “I think he wants only 51 per cent; it’s a difficult one.”