Oleksandr Zinchenko: The most underrated player in the PL?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I still think he’s probably a better CM than Xhaka.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
Good player but with Arsenal you always suspect there’s a lot of performative stuff for the cameras

the manager, the keeper & all of the other guys trying to turn the stadium into a wrestling arena are the same

seems to be only a few non annoying players on the team (Saka) but it’s always the way with Arsenal

RomfordRed75

Good player, but overrated like a lot of Arsenal players are.
He certainly has that winners mentality though, but I am sure that will be beaten out of him after few seasons at The Emirates.

Nero

Even his teammates thought he was cringe trying to organise a huddle after the 2-0. Just blanked him.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Even his teammates thought he was cringe trying to organise a huddle after the 2-0. Just blanked him.
I'm probably reading too much into it but it seemed like Ødegaard came to the huddle basically telling him to "shut up".

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They just play to the cameras. Nothing authentic about it

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s had a poor couple of games. Arsenal really need to get the midfield dominance spot on in order for him to be impactful in that pseudo midfield role. If he’s asked to be a standard LB, he’s kind of bang average and they might as well stick with Tierney who is 10x the defender. The only reason Zinchenko keeps Tierney out of the team is because Arteta wants his LB to be a roaming midfielder and key cog in the midfield dominance.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He is almost like a left sided Trent. Exposed weekly and causes goals because he has no defensive awareness. Unlike Liverpool, Arsenal have an excellent replacement sitting on the bench.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I respect his enthusiasm but that was absolutely painful to watch.
He's quite cringey, but a lot of them seem to be doing stuff for the cameras. Saka is pretty much the only player of theirs I genuinely like.

Zinchenko also isn't quite as good as some make out. Lots of flaws, comfortable on the ball but not quite top midfielder level, and can cost his team quite dearly.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
Speaking as a City fan - I think he's crap. I've always thought he is crap and I was not remotely unhappy when we sold him.

He cannot defend and offers bugger-all going forward. Cannot cross, cannot assist, cannot shoot but OK passing backwards. Basically useless. Watch him get absolutely mullered by Silva or Mahrez tomorrow.

crossy1686

career ending
Speaking as a City fan - I think he's crap. I've always thought he is crap and I was not remotely unhappy when we sold him.

He cannot defend and offers bugger-all going forward. Cannot cross, cannot assist, cannot shoot but OK passing backwards. Basically useless. Watch him get absolutely mullered by Silva or Mahrez tomorrow.
I've always felt the same as well. He was quite clearly out of his depth at City and couldn't keep up with the play most of the time. I was surprised Arsenal spent what they did on him, I thought they had better already at the club in Tierney.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I've always felt the same as well. He was quite clearly out of his depth at City and couldn't keep up with the play most of the time. I was surprised Arsenal spent what they did on him, I thought they had better already at the club in Tierney.
I rate Tierney as well. Problem seems to be injuries. As soon as he gets a good run of games and finds his form, he gets injured. Now it seems as though they aren't even letting him get a run of games to show that he's the better LB...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Utter liability today. Atrocious defensively and he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough passing and midfield control to offset the utter shambles he is in defence.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Put in an absolute disasterclass of a performance today. Tomiyasu and Timber can't come back quickly enough

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Utter liability today. Atrocious defensively and he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough passing and midfield control to offset the utter shambles he is in defence.
Don't think there was much he could have done for the goal, except possibly try to show Salah wide. But Salah will cook most defenders 1 v 1, especially at Anfield. Trent killed us with the long ball and Zinny was left isolated against Salah, which you should never allow to happen.

That being said, he had a few moments where he seemed intent to gift Liverpool chances and tackled Odegaard in the leadup to the Trent miss.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's awful and has been for some time now.
The weakest link in Arsenals team.

Winrar

Arsenal's weak link. They should try finding a solid LB in the upcoming transfer window.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who was the Arsenal poster saying he was better than Paul Scholes again? :lol:
I thought you were fibbing so I did a quick search:

Luke Shaw is a very good player, and hes been impressive at center back too, id take him ahead of Tierney. Not ahead of Zinchenko though, he gives me Paul Scholes vibes from left back.
Not exactly calling him better, but yeah, both players shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I mean why have you chose to compare him to Scholes and not a former Arsenal player like Fabregas?

Very difficult not to see you as a WUM when your post baiting stuff like this tbh. The kind you know will get a reaction.
The funniest part of the exchange was your shocked reaction :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Luke Shaw is a very good player, and hes been impressive at center back too, id take him ahead of Tierney. Not ahead of Zinchenko though, he gives me Paul Scholes vibes from left back.
Have you ever watched Paul Scholes?
If you watch Zinchenko closely youll see it too, when he walks into midfield and runs the game.
The instant touch, turn, and pinged pass, or the first touch short pass to get away from players , or the quick feet if under pressure to work the space, the only thing he hasnt got is the goals. Its amazing , watch him next game, its like Scholes reincarnated as our left back.
@kaku06 @Lay