Ole's at the wheel... but god help us if we forget Mike Phelan

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Great writeup OP!

I could not agree more that Mike Phelan should be part of Manchester Uniteds future. He's a class act and a very important cog in this coaching machinery.

Right now I don't want to replace anyone that sits on the bench during the games at all. They all seem like they get along tremendously and what they are doing are obviously working for us. So if they all want to, I'd happily be on board signing them along with Ole to lead the charge in 2019/2020 and onwards.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
The entire team on the bench are strong. You can see when we score a goal, they all hug it out. Carrick, Phelan, McKenna, Alvarez and Ole get the club and get the players - so their input is invaluable currently. It's fantastic stuff.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
OHHHHH WHAT A FEELING, we've got Ole and Mike Phelan!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I don't think Mike Phelan is on Twitter.

I think it's a fake account.
Yeah I think so as well despite the United account following him and some other journos. No verification tick, no United players following him and his handle is odd. Tweets seem like someone who’s trying to get a few RTs under his belt for a laugh, can’t imagine Phelan being like that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You missed this one:

Just brilliant!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No one knows the role of each individual member of Ole's staff. The only way we can assess their roles and impact is through insight given by players or Ole but otherwise threads like these are projecting based on overall results. If in the next few games we draw 3 and lose 1, how does the narrative change?

Love Phelan though. Need more shorts and balloons.

tomaldinho1

At a time when football is becoming a balancing act between tactics and massaging player's egos, Phelan is the perfect antidote the dramas of the changing room. By all accounts he forges really close relationships with all the players, keeps everyone grounded and is a pioneer of short shorts.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Think we now have a great bunch of coaches, with a manager who allows them to have input and he listens to their points of view and advice. Take note Moyes and Jose.
Totally agree.
One of Ole best qualities is that he isn't insecure enough to understand that he needs to trust his coaching team and not try to control everything.

Jacko21

From teaching Sixth-Formers in Burnley to making European history with Manchester United in Paris.

Football.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Think we need to add in Carrick and McKenna as well as Emilio, you watch them all together and it really is a team, a proper coaching unit and they all seem to be sharing ideas and taking the work load. Seeing them all celebrate goals together like they just scored them themselves is something, absolutely love that coaching unit and I hope it stays together as in contrast to what we’ve had over the last few years this lot look like they absolutely love it there.

They all seem to be doing brilliantly.
Looking at the first team coaches, and if you include Nicky Butt, to me you have a team already in place to determine the future of this great club. People go on about a DOF, but to me the coaching team have enough depth of knowledge to determine what players we would need to try to purchase, Butt would know the academy players, and where we are strong and weak, and where we need to go outside the club to strengthen. The DOF in my eyes, needs to go out and purchase the players we need, have a handle on the agents, and an understanding of wheeling and dealing in the mucky world of transfers (he wouldn't be called a DOF in this case, but not Ed, god forbid). This person would not necessarily have a great understanding of football, just deals. I can see most of that coaching team being around for a few years, and a DOF is really only needed when the coach/manager is constantly changing, I don't think (hopefully) that applies in our case.

Andersons Dietician

Against Southampton if you saw Lukaku's shooting practice, he was on fire. He was pinging balls into the corners and that swag that he used to have was back
So I know exactly what you mean as I saw him hit one that was in the top left hand corner from a difficult sort of angle for where it went but he didn’t measure it or place a meek shot top corner, he absolutely ripped it that even if you put DeGea standing on that post he would be hard pressed to stop it it was hit with so much power. It was just ridiculous.

Kag

I love the ‘180 missed calls’ tweet about doing this before. Expectations have been lowered so much in recent years; so that managers can save their reputations ahead of the best interests of the club. Phelan and Ole understand what acceptable results at United are so, for them, the display of non-surprise is natural.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
I don't think Mike Phelan is on Twitter.

I think it's a fake account.
Yeah I think so as well despite the United account following him and some other journos. No verification tick, no United players following him and his handle is odd. Tweets seem like someone who’s trying to get a few RTs under his belt for a laugh, can’t imagine Phelan being like that.
Now that account is verified and have blue tick.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP