Olivier Giroud

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
His one touch finishing is absolutely absurd sometimes but he's just not quite top level. Good signing for Chelsea, though.

Shark

@NotShark
A polished Andy Carroll and getting on in age. Not worried about this signing.

pseudo_canadian

Good signing for Chelsea. He'll do well with their group of attackers.

Losing Sanchez and now Giroud in one window must be brutal for Arsenal fans. I'm not convinced by Auba, and Mkhitaryan...well...you know.

PeteManic

All these transfers, with Giroud at the head of them, mean absolutely nothing. Buying for the sake of buying.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Good signing for Chelsea. He'll do well with their group of attackers.

Losing Sanchez and now Giroud in one window must be brutal for Arsenal fans. I'm not convinced by Auba, and Mkhitaryan...well...you know.
It’s certainly odd. Giroud, Alexis, Walcott, Coquelin and Oxlade-Chamberlain all gone within a few months, with Mertesacker just about out the door, as well as Debuchy who should have been an Arsenal stalwart (if it hadn’t been for that injury...)

I’m pleased with the new signings (and re-signing) but it feels like the end of an era. A sometimes frustrating era, admittedly, but that doesn’t make it any less strange.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Was gonna say £18m sounded a little low in this market as I thought he was like 27 years old then realized he's actually 31... Arsenal did well with this transfer.

Ceramica

Supports
Bradford City
Giroud, Walcott, Ox and Coquelin out. All traditional style players which never suited Wenger's philosophy.

I have to say Wenger has fooled a lot of people in thinking Giroud is actually a good player. With the amount of persistence Wenger has put into Giroud he was always going to have a few positive moments. Overall good riddance he's gone.

SoCross

Arsene is finally shipping out the deadwood (with the exception of Sanchez). Get in a solid midfielder and a new centreback, they'll certainly be up there next season IMO provided injuries are kind to them.

Mr.Plow

Giroud saying they Chelsea have won the league more than any other club in the last ten years. We've won 4, they've won 3.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very good player imo and will suit Chelsea's style of play. Shrewd purchase and a definite upgrade from Batshuayi.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Yeah he’d have been a good option of the bench for United. Holds the ball up better than Lukaku.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
With our record at set pieces and defending in the air, I fear he and Morata could run us ragged.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Suited only for the back up/plan B role which he was playing the last year and half. Not many people remember that he was brought as a back up to RVP, not as a replacement. Wenger tried and failed to replace him with Suarez, Higuain, Vardy, Perez, Welbeck and finally got Lacazette and PEA. Was the main reason why we finished 10 points behind Leicester.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Suited only for the back up/plan B role which he was playing the last year and half. Not many people remember that he was brought as a back up to RVP, not as a replacement. Wenger tried and failed to replace him with Suarez, Higuain, Vardy, Perez, Welbeck and finally got Lacazette and PEA. Was the main reason why we finished 10 points behind Leicester.
Holy moly Giroud who was bought for only £13M that gave arsenal 105 goals in 169 start (84 sub) within 4 seasons now is the main reason why arsenal didn't win the title in 2015/16? Are you sure it is not because of Walcott? LMAO.

FYI, the new scapegoat Lacazette has 9 goals in 26(4) apps. Enjoy!

Last edited: