g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Olivier Giroud

90 + 5min

Best France player without question looking at what he gives his team. Always scoring important goals. Underrated. As I said, best player by some distance.

Idxomer

He was slow and awful most of the game but scored the winning goal, so can't really criticize him much.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
No Benzema is huge blow but Giroud is best possible 2nd choice probably.
No France are better with Giroud upfront. The results are there for everyone to see. Benzema's injury was a blessing in disguise for France. He's not having a great season for his club too.

BorisManUtd

No France are better with Giroud upfront. The results are there for everyone to see. Benzema's injury was a blessing in disguise for France. He's not having a great season for his club too.
I'll believe you on that as I don't really watch Real Madrid games but obviously know Benzema has been great for them for years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remarkable career development. Used to be known as a nearly man at Arsenal. A bottler.

Ever since leaving Arsenal, he's been a fine striker and an important presence up front. Did well for Chelsea when they won the FA Cup in 2018 and the 2018 World Cup win with France.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Remarkable career development. Used to be known as a nearly man at Arsenal. A bottler.

Ever since leaving Arsenal, he's been a fine striker and an important presence up front. Did well for Chelsea when they won the FA Cup in 2018 and the 2018 World Cup win with France.
And the Europa League in 2019. Also was one of the main reasons we finished top 4 in 2020 with a flurry of clutch goals in the last 6-7 games of the season, after being frozen out by Lampard for much of that season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Very under rated (if that even makes sense) although the argument could be made that he improved massively since he left arsenal.

As others have said he would be a wonderful one year gap replacement but I doubt he'll take the offer when he could spend several more years in the more appealing Italy having fun in Milan.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And the Europa League in 2019. Also was one of the main reasons we finished top 4 in 2020 with a flurry of clutch goals in the last 6-7 games of the season, after being frozen out by Lampard for much of that season.
Ah yes, forgot about the EL in 2019. That too!

Parma Dewol

Who will be the next Giroud? Whoever it is, we need to find him. That ability to win the ball in the air, the hold up play and the unnerving ability to find the net when it matters. Exactly what United need.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Who will be the next Giroud? Whoever it is, we need to find him. That ability to win the ball in the air, the hold up play and the unnerving ability to find the net when it matters. Exactly what United need.
Look no further than Victor Osimhen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And that part is why many people love him in France even if things weren't that rosy for a while especially when he replaced the extremely popular Benzema. Giroud was booed all the time and it was known that he was hurt by it but he never gave up, Deschamps tried to replace him by almost everyone but Giroud has always proved the be the better option. You can't disrespect that, you simply can't.

TsuWave

People have to start talking about him very differently. His resume is absurd. Always pops up with a dagger.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
And that part is why many people love him in France even if things weren't that rosy for a while especially when he replaced the extremely popular Benzema. Giroud was booed all the time and it was known that he was hurt by it but he never gave up, Deschamps tried to replace him by almost everyone but Giroud has always proved the be the better option. You can't disrespect that, you simply can't.
Him and varane are one of the very few in your squad that I would actually say I like.

He has impeccably character and the way he's bounced back from one set back to another is admirable to put it lightly.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A minute away from being replaced by Marcus Thuram and he delivers once again. French legend and one of the best striker for International football.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think missing the ballon d'or is ever a blessing in disguise. With the attention that was put on Mbappe, it wouldn't have hurt to have Benzema, but Giroud is an incredible player, extending his record of all-time goals for France, and he is so underrated, I love the beautiful bastard.

island

Supports
Chelsea
The most beautiful and great football player of the human history.

Olivier Giroud, ladies and gentlemans,

It's coming back.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Giroud went the entire World Cup without scoring a single goal last time around. Most of his goals are outside of wc or euros. He's absolute rubbish, I blame him for single handedly ruining Wengers legacy at Arsenal.

Wow, people either have the memories of a goldfish, or they just haven't seen him enough.
You can't be serious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Giroud went the entire World Cup without scoring a single goal last time around. Most of his goals are outside of wc or euros. He's absolute rubbish, I blame him for single handedly ruining Wengers legacy at Arsenal.

Wow, people either have the memories of a goldfish, or they just haven't seen him enough.
You’re just bitter he’s gone on to have a great career winning things, cementing his legacy for his country, after you discarded him :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm fairly sure he sold his soul to high power before this WC :lol: .

His goal instinct in front of the net is Inzaghi and Klinsmann combined. Just extraordinary.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Brilliant player. One of Frances best players ever now surely.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Better than Henry ? Best ever Frenchman ?
While playing for France I don't think there's a doubt. Henry was very young in his first WC and was often criticised for his lack of important goals. Giroud, even if he doesn't score is central to how this Deschamps team has played over the years. All-time best goalscorer, the only thing he doesn't have over Henry is the Euros but was so close against Portugal.
Best-ever, no.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ironically he's a good as Benzema in the system France play

Theyre spoilt for choice

NoPace

People have to start talking about him very differently. His resume is absurd. Always pops up with a dagger.
No great peak but an excellent career. Sort of like Dzeko. He's gotten to that level. Chelsea defeated him but that happens to all but the Tier 1 or tier 2 strikers it seems.

EtH

While playing for France I don't think there's a doubt. Henry was very young in his first WC and was often criticised for his lack of important goals. Giroud, even if he doesn't score is central to how this Deschamps team has played over the years. All-time best goalscorer, the only thing he doesn't have over Henry is the Euros but was so close against Portugal.
Best-ever, no.
I was being sarcastic.