OMG.. Has anyone seen Rafa's Friday press conference?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He has a LIST of things to say about Fergie & Utd... Cringeworthy...

We've gotta get a Youtube of it..

I'd love to know what Liverpool fans think about it... frankly embarrassing...

Eyepopper

He was literally reading out from a written list of things he had... its fecking hilarious...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Shit I have to see this, could be up there with Keegan's rant!

Eyepopper

I dont use "OMG" very often but that deserves it.. someone find the youtube..

Tibs

We must beat the Chavs on sunday, and win our games in hand against Fulham and Wigan...if we do that, Benitez won't be able to talk because he'll be too busy shitting himself facing another failed title attempt

Danish Voice

Rafa Benitez has launched an extraordinary attack on Sir Alex Ferguson, saying the Scot is the only manager who thinks he is above the law.

Benitez was speaking ahead of a huge weekend at the top of The Premier League, which could see Liverpool go six points clear with victory at Stoke - live on Setanta.

Click here for details of how to get Setanta Sports on Satellite, Freeview or Broadband for live coverage of Stoke v Liverpool from 5pm Saturday.

The Liverpool boss was reacting to Ferguson's claims that Manchester United have been the target of a tough fixture list - and what a reaction it was!

"I think they are nervous because we are at the top of the table," began the simmering Spaniard.

"I want to be clear. I don't want to play mind games too early. I think they want to start. I will say some facts so it's easy to talk about this...

"On November 1, Manchester United played against Hull and Mr Ferguson received a two-match touchline ban and was fined £2,000 after the game for confronting Mike Dean and for improper conduct.

"We started the Respect campaign and started with Mascherano's sending off at Old Trafford. Steve Bennett was the referee then, and he was also the ref when they played against Wigan and he could not see the handball from Rio Ferdinand. He didn't give a penalty and they won the game and won the title.

"I think the same referee, Mr Bennett, will be in charge for the game in hand against Wigan. During the Respect campaign, Mr Ferguson was in fact charged for improper conduct for comments made against Martin Atkinson and was not punished.

"He is the only manager in the English league that cannot be punished for these things. After this, he talks about fixtures."
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/9/Prem-Benitez-on-Ferguson/gnid-34709/

Eyepopper

It was very keeganesque, I cant wait to see it again..

Count Duckula

Unsurprisingly they're seeing this as some sort of fantastic riposte on RAWK.

To be fair I don't see it as a sign that he's lost it - it's actually the most composed reply to Ferguson's mind games I've yet heard.

Danish Voice

I like how Fatty sums up that Ferguson got fined and banned for talking to Mike Dean after the Hull match, then goes on to claim that Ferguson are never punished for his verbal attacks.

What an idiot :lol:

Eyepopper

Its not so much what he said as the way he said it...

Scholesgoals

Brilliant. Sir Alex is the ultimate troll in football, maybe second to mourinho who is a bit more crude.

hahaah thats it. i think we're going to win now.

UnitedRoadRed

"On November 1, Manchester United played against Hull and Mr Ferguson received a two-match touchline ban and was fined £2,000 after the game for confronting Mike Dean and for improper conduct.

"He is the only manager in the English league that cannot be punished for these things. After this, he talks about fixtures."
Nice to see you don't contradict yourself within a minute there, Rafa.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just seen it, first thing that comes to my mind is Benitez - obsessed much?

Seemingly quite voyeuristic

pillory

Steve Bennett was the referee then, and he was also the ref when they played against Wigan and he could not see the hilariously blatant foul on Paul Scholes. He didn't give a penalty, but they won the game and won the title.
Good summary.

Eyepopper

The way he takes out his list.. like a lawyer :lol: fat fecking idiot.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
That stinks of desperation but with the position liverpool are in, its not need; could be a master stroke or could be the beginning of liverpool's end. Mind you whatever you say about benitez; he is a great tactician and he does have experience of winning leagues with understrength teams.

Rudie

Mentary
lmao@all the Scouse loving the break down of their manager; bunch of tools.

Starts by saying he doesn't want to get involved in mind games but then does so :lol: