OMG.. Has anyone seen Rafa's Friday press conference?

Skelter

Internet GYPO
I know, shocking. It's just the 'FAHCT' that he's been thinking about this since November and made a list that makes it all the more brilliant.

MG

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Full Transcript...

"I was surprised by what has been said, but maybe they [Manchester United] are nervous because we are at the top of the table.

"But I want to talk about facts. I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start. But I have seen some facts. On November 1, they played Hull and Mr Ferguson had a two-match touchline ban and a £10,000 fine after confronting Mike Dean, the referee, for improper conduct.

"We started the Respect campaign, and that was when [Javier] Mascherano was sent off [last season] at Old Trafford. The referee [Steve Bennett] was the referee when they played against Wigan - he could not see the handball against Wigan by Rio Ferdinand, he did not give a penalty. They won the game and they won the title in this game. I think it will be the same referee who will be in charge of their game in hand this season [against Wigan].

"During the Respect campaign - and this is a fact - Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA for improper conduct after comments made about Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett. He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things.

"Then he was talking about the fixtures. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything. Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

"But at Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, they were not complaining then.

"And about his behaviour with referees. The Southampton manager he knows how Mr Ferguson works and how he works, he was very clear. I am not playing mind games, just facts.

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field as you say in England. There are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures. One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second-half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know. Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United.

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

"We know what happens every time we go to Old Trafford and the United staff. They are always going man to man with the referees, especially at half-time when they walk close to the referees and they are talking and talking.

"All managers need to know is that only Mr Ferguson can talk about the fixtures, can talk about referees and nothing happens.

"We need to know that I am taking about facts, not my impression. There are things that everyone can see every single week.

"Are they under pressure? Maybe they were not thinking that we would be at the top of the table in January. But we are at the top of the table and they are nervous.

"I am not telling the authorities what to do. But I have been here for five years and know how things are going on. I will be watching United's game with Chelsea. The result does not matter to us, if we win at Stoke that result does not matter.

"I was surprised United wanted to start the mind games too early, maybe it is because we are top of the table. But I only wanted to explain our position.

"It is a massive difference to play early on a Saturday, say, after a European match in midweek. But they will play the second half of the season with home matches against the other top teams, and that is a massive advantage to them.

"They cannot complain about the fixtures after they were playing on December 29 while the rest played on the 28th.

"I have decided that I had a lot of information and I have been watching every single week what has been going on. Then they started talking about us, but every single week we know they will be talking. But we want to stay at the top and maybe they will talk about us right to the end.

"To hear someone talking when he has problems with referees every single week, and now complaining about the fixtures and complaining about everything, I think that is not fair.

"You can see every single week how they put (referees) under pressure, we know this. We have seen it before. We have seen players sent off at Old Trafford and we do not see our opponents sent off. It is part of the game. But to complain and to always have an advantage is not fair.

"We had a meeting in Manchester with managers and FA about the Respect campaign. And I was very clear, forget the campaign because Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr Atkinson, killing Mr Hackett. But he is not punished. How can you talk about the respect campaign and criticise the referee every single week? You can analyse the facts and come to your own decision and ideas."

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
RAWK :lol:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=235426.msg5232094#msg5232094

I don't see how this can backfire. Does anyone seriously think, for example, that if Nando is faced with a chance in the penalty area and suddenly thinks "feck rafa had a go at Fergie, I'm not sure I can slot this away anymore". Of course not. Rafa is telling the truth and he's not the excessively emotional types; he'll have thought about this response and wouldn't do it if he seriously thought it would be detrimental.

Can't argue with logic like that.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You can check the rest yourself, there's 7 pages of it so far :lol:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=235426.0
More and more scousers talking sense in there (in amongst the OMG RAFA PWNED SAF LOLZ!!! numb-nuts)

whats the point of coming out and doing this now?

seems a bit daft and pointless to be honest and the press are going to jump all over it.

I'm not sure what ferguson has said to specifically about us / rafa to spark this personal crusade by rafa, and i'm not sure of the point of getting into a slanging match with united / ferguson.

It seems a bit bizarre to me.
He starts by saying he doesn't want to get involved in mind games but then proceeds to implode.
Bit worried that the pressure's getting to Rafa though - first time ever that Rafa's gone in for some real digs at Fergie, a la Maureen.
If he's not coping with the pressure now imagine what he'll be like in a few months.

Keggy-esque
Ferguson is an expert at getting under opposing managers skins. He makes them take their eyes off the prize.

Hope Benitez has not taken the bait.
And one absolutely prize fecking retard had this to say

Rafa knocks Fergie off his perch :D
Scousers.

MUFC07

Glad to see you are falling right into it Rafa.
Fearful? Nah, I'm sure you just said that because you are so relaxed about being top that you sometimes forget what you do for a living mate.

reddev07

benitez has played right in to fergies hands. The pressure is showing 1 0 to fergie

twitter thread suggester
I know, shocking. It's just the 'FAHCT' that he's been thinking about this since November and made a list that makes it all the more brilliant.
He's always been obsessed with us and Fergie, just look at how often he talks about our transfers and the fees, fees he's sat at home and calculated himself.

He's a full-blown tosser.

Colly

benitez has played right in to fergies hands. The pressure is showing 1 0 to fergie
I'd agree with that. Serious echoes of Keegan there. I am amazed at how obsessed he is. This could be a signicant turning point. I'd say this has given Fergie a cheeky chuckle !!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Poor man doesn't sound well. Oh dear. We might have to start a Keep Rafa Alive campaign.

Pogue Mahone

What's really amazing (and pleasing) is the fact he's not under any real pressure yet. Months to go in the season and United are still a fair bit off the pace.

At this rate he's gonna go fecking loolah by April/May.

Love the thought of SAF sitting in front of SSN with a glass of fine claret, grinning :D

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
That is ridiculous :lol: contradictory tripe!
he would do better to keep quite and let his team do the talking.

My brother seems to think that this is great when i told him that on RAWK it isnt going down well he tried to come up with the excuse Man United fans post on there as well!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I like where he says:

"Then he was talking about the fixtures. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything.

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United.
But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the
teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.
"

Obviously his comments are in response to Sir Alex saying that United were disadvantaged in the first part of the year because of the schedule.

So if Rafa thinks our 2nd half of the season gives us a "fantastic advantage", then where is the problem with Sir Alex saying the first half put us at a disadvantage.

Amazing viewing...although it does feel like you're staring at a car crash :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
What's really amazing (and pleasing) is the fact he's not under any real pressure yet. Months to go in the season and United are still a fair bit off the pace.

At this rate he's gonna go fecking loolah by April/May.

Love the thought of SAF sitting in front of SSN with a glass of fine claret, grinning :D
"I hhham no' talking bout mind ghames, I am talking about fact. Fact. FACT."

Rafa just went up a notch in my estimation.:) And I'll tell ya, I'll tell ya another thing-a nervy manager puts the shits up his players.

At this rate, he'll cut off his ear by March.

Member 39557

There are no mind games, Fergie always wins them!

I hope this is the beginning of the end of Liverpool in the title race.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Unsurprisingly they're seeing this as some sort of fantastic riposte on RAWK.

To be fair I don't see it as a sign that he's lost it - it's actually the most composed reply to Ferguson's mind games I've yet heard.
He is their Messiah. Sadly, the deluded cnuts have no idea that the media is lapping this up and having the time of their lives. You literally cannot make this up.

Crerand Legend

Dont now if this is a rant or a tatical move at this point to try and put pressure on us from officals.Liverpool are obviously desperate to win the title and are prepared to say/do anything to win it.I think his words were thought out rather than KKs off the cuff remarks.Surely the FA must also look at his words as they are bordering on bringing him into disrepute.Rafa might find however that by opening up a war of words he is doing so with the master and Sir Alex will be enjoying this

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
"I hhham no' talking bout mind ghames, I am talking about fact. Fact. FACT."

Rafa just went up a notch in my estimation.:) And I'll tell ya, I'll tell ya another thing-a nervy manager puts the shits up his players.

At this rate, he'll cut off his ear by March.
At the start of the conference, he sounded like he was saying FARTS instead of facts :lol:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The best thing about the entire episode is that all Fergie has to do to respond is have a little smile when asked about it and Rafa will look an even bigger bellend..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Dont now if this is a rant or a tatical move at this point to try and put pressure on us from officals.Liverpool are obviously desperate to win the title and are prepared to say/do anything to win it.I think his words were thought out rather than KKs off the cuff remarks.Surely the FA must also look at his words as they are bordering on bringing him into disrepute.Rafa might find however that by opening up a war of words he is doing so with the master and Sir Alex will be enjoying this
:lol:

For doing what exactly - making everyone feel pain from laughing so much!

Tibs

Fergie is not just a manager, but a psycholgist.

Rafa has fallen into the trap, he's not in the same league as SIR Alex

Pogue Mahone

Dont now if this is a rant or a tatical move at this point to try and put pressure on us from officals.Liverpool are obviously desperate to win the title and are prepared to say/do anything to win it.I think his words were thought rather than KKs off the cuff remarks.Surely the FA must also look at his words as they are bordering on bringing him into disrepute.Rafa might find however that by opening up a war of words he is doing so with the master and Sir Alex will be enjoying this
Oh he probably thinks he's being tactical, what with the Chelsea game at the weekend. The bloke is fecking obsessed with tactics after all (tactics and United, it seems) Thing is, he's taken it too far and his delivery was so poor that all he's achieved is make himself look like a bell-end.

If anything this will be counter-productive, regarding the weekend's game. He's just written Fergie's team-talk :D

Diabo_Sam

The best thing about the entire episode is that all Fergie has to do to respond is have a little smile when asked about it and Rafa will look an even bigger bellend..
He'll be asked about it post Chelsea game, I hope we win so that SAF enjoy it more and we as well.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If anything this will be counter-productive, regarding the weekend's game. He's just written Fergie's team-talk :D
:confused:
"Look at what benitez said. You're gonna stand for that? Give chelsea a hiding!"
Maybe you think he'll post it in the dressing room too.:wenger:

robthered

RAWK :lol:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=235426.msg5232094#msg5232094

I don't see how this can backfire. Does anyone seriously think, for example, that if Nando is faced with a chance in the penalty area and suddenly thinks "feck rafa had a go at Fergie, I'm not sure I can slot this away anymore". Of course not. Rafa is telling the truth and he's not the excessively emotional types; he'll have thought about this response and wouldn't do it if he seriously thought it would be detrimental.
:lol:

Mmm spicy chicken

Crerand Legend

Oh he probably thinks he's being tactical, what with the Chelsea game at the weekend. The bloke is fecking obsessed with tactics after all (tactics and United, it seems) Thing is, he's taken it too far and his delivery was so poor that all he's achieved is make himself look like a bell-end.

Exactly what I think,he is trying to be smart and making an ass of himself,again