Opposition to Saudi Arabian Take Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

The Saudis wouldn't need to invest heavily just allow us to use our own money.

What they would do is bring in footballing knowledge rather than businessmen and that I am fully behind

If you're not a fan of them and would walk away then more power to you but I will remain a supporter.

Meep

I will protest to. Don't want a crazy religious dictator who orders assassinations as an owner.

Nick7

But you are happy being owned by Amercians who have started more wars than any other nation on earth ?
Wow I didn't know Malcolm Glazer started wars.

Oh wait, is this another whataboutism equating the Glazers to the US government? Do you not realise how stupid that is before you type?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
For a lot of people it seems that religion and Islam is the reason as to why they'd rather not support United. No matter how you mask it or how many layers of icing you put onto your argument, that's the truth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For a lot of people it seems that religion and Islam is the reason as to why they'd rather not support United. No matter how you mask it or how many layers of icing you put onto your argument, that's the truth.
You can't make this kind of comment without giving some sort evidence.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd imagine the majority of FC United fans are from Manchester. They stopped supporting the club once the Glazers took over and saddled us with debt. Do you take such a condescending tone with them or is it reserved for people who oppose supporting a vile, murderous regime taking control of the club?

I wouldn't support Real Madrid or Barcelona. I'd likely just stop following professional football altogether.
I know several FC United season ticket holders, they all still support United as their main club.

Scotty McT

To the people who wouldn't stop supporting the club and find it ridiculous that anyone else would, is there any person in the history of the world whose ownership would make you stop supporting the club, i.e. a permanent boycott until they're gone?

Hitler? Stalin? Bin Laden? Any hypothetical criminal who happened to win the Euro Millions?

If the Saudi state isn't your poison, is there anyone that would be?

I don't have an issue with anyone who would continue supporting the club regardless of whether the Saudis took over, this is purely aimed at the posters ridiculing other people for drawing an arbitrary line in the sand (no pun intended).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Its comments like the below where the word religious isn't necessarily important.
Just one post but MBS is not a religious leader even though the family depends on them for support. Most people are simply not comfortable with the regime.
But I don't even think it would be wrong if religion was a factor. It is difficult accepting ownership from a country where sharia is the law of the land. That doesn't mean a poster has a problem with Islam.

ManchesterYoda

Is Salmon a United fan? If he is and plans to spend millions of his family's trillion then I'm all for it. :drool:
I have zero interest in politics and propaganda so I don't care what he has or hasn't done.
Also, we ARE the RED DEVILS :devil: so an "evil" owner would be very apt. He should start wearing all black to resemble a Sith :cool:

Nick7

What do you say about the glazers supporting trump
It's pretty awful of them, but Trump doesn't own United and I would stop supporting United if he did (or the British government for that matter, or Irish, or whatever other nation you want to pull out of a hat for some stupid whataboutism). Next question?

Meep

Its comments like the below where the word religious isn't necessarily important.
You can read it like "crazy religious". Where you use your religion as a tool to suppress your people.

RUCK4444

The Saudis wouldn't need to invest heavily just allow us to use our own money.

What they would do is bring in footballing knowledge rather than businessmen and that I am fully behind

If you're not a fan of them and would walk away then more power to you but I will remain a supporter.
Yes this is what I’ve been preaching for ages.

A club of United’s size and standing within the game MUST operate to its absolute best potential. That’s the basis of what is required in order to even compete with our direct European rivals.

See City, PSG, Barcelona, R Madrid.

The common theme with these teams is they all have owners that facilitate the club to run to its absolute fullest potential. The key here is they don’t chase a financial return.

Unleashing the huge financial power that United have EARNED is all I want for the Club.

I see the club, and will always see the club, as one of the elite.
A businessman who spends 4 billion to purchase the club will want unbelievable returns on that investment, perhaps even more than the Glazers take out currently.

Unfortunately to have this type of owner means we have very few potential suitors.

As I’ve said, owning United will not further facilitate atrocities for the Saudi Regime, in my view it will intensify the spotlight.

Tel074

Wow I didn't know Malcolm Glazer started wars.

Oh wait, is this another whataboutism equating the Glazers to the US government? Do you not realise how stupid that is before you type?
Just as not everyone in Saudi is to blame for what has been posted on here

Relevated

It's pretty awful of them, but Trump doesn't own United and I would stop supporting United if he did (or the British government for that matter, or Irish, or whatever other nation you want to pull out of a hat for some stupid whataboutism). Next question?
So it's okay, in your books, for someone to fund a man that encourages war and hatred but if someone's pulling the trigger themselves then it's not okay? Where do you get your Compassion and logic from?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If you can just stop supporting a club, then you aren’t very emotionally attached to it in the first place.

I can’t imagine any scenario where I’d stop supporting United. I wouldn’t be in favour of the Saudi’s taking over, but I could never stop supporting the club.

It’s like saying that I’d stop loving my wife if I found out her mother was a serial killer.

Manchester United will always be Manchester United regardless of who the owners are.

Relevated

At this point I'm sure a few posters are afraid that he will replace our starting 11 with undercover saudi agents in an attempt to infiltrate the law and spread his sharon law.

Member 39557

Not true. What are elections used for. If there is so called democracy in UK or anywhere else, you have right for your opinion and protests.

Trying to stay "clean" in todays world is almost impossible. I agree that one can and should minimize its harmful actions, but your argument does not stand.

World is hardly black and white, and we can find numerous pro and against arguments for each state/government/company/club/person etc.
Of course, and I'll try and vote the Tories out when I get the opportunity. I can't however block the government from making arms deals that are pretty much a secret until you see the politicians shaking hands together on the news.

As others have pointed out, the UK Government isn't trying to buy United, and if they were, I'd also oppose that.
It is very difficult to "stay clean" in the modern world where parts and resources are sourced globally. It doesn't mean that one shouldn't try, especially when it's as cut and dry as choosing whether to contribute money to a football team owned by this regime.

Nick7

So it's okay, in your books, for someone to fund a man that encourages war and hatred but if someone's pulling the trigger themselves then it's not okay? Where do you get your Compassion and logic from?
I'm anti Glazer too. The Saudi crown price buying United would be the last straw.

Forgive me for not wanting to support a club owned by the head of state of a country that could sentence me to death simply for existing.

Fosu-Mens

Nah, it is the way the house of Saud operates. That they have a symbiotic relationship with some religious leaders to legitimize their rule is not the direct issue. And 99,9% of all people from Saudi Arabia is most likely no worse than you and me regardless of religion. That being said, it cannot be ignored that the non-secularism ingrained in their power structure is an issue given that some powerful people choose to interpret their religion in a similar way that the Catholic church did x years ago.

Religion in itself is not evil, it is the people that misuse it that are bad. One could then do a root cause analysis on whether it is the people, the culture etc that have made them evil but that is a more comprehensive debate.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
At this point I'm sure a few posters are afraid that he will replace our starting 11 with undercover saudi agents in an attempt to infiltrate the law and spread his sharon law.
No I wouldn't suggest that but City are certainly being used to try and improve their public image. I don't see why City fans cant just acknowledge that, its not like anyone would blame you as there isn't much you can do about it and its quite clearly turned your club into one of the biggest in the world.

Utdstar01

If you can just stop supporting a club, then you aren’t very emotionally attached to it in the first place.

I can’t imagine any scenario where I’d stop supporting United. I wouldn’t be in favour of the Saudi’s taking over, but I could never stop supporting the club.

It’s like saying that I’d stop loving my wife if I found out her mother was a serial killer.

Manchester United will always be Manchester United regardless of who the owners are.
100%

Superden

Oh, right.

Well please don't include me in that "us fans" thing there. I have never sent a drone to drop a bunker buster bomb before. You must have based on your post, and I suppose that's a bit mad really.

Nobody representing me has ever done anything like that, including my "western democracy".

Whereas if the Saudi royals buy United, then we would have owners who do, as you put it, behead and hang people they don't like.

Give your head a wobble. The fact that thos is not good news shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.
ive have personally never actually piloted a drone no. if that clears that up. but i live in a country whos govt regularly does. a govt i support through my taxes etc, and an opposition who i happen to support who did the same when they were in power, and no doubt would carry on doing so if they ever get voted back in.

a govt that also quite happily trades with and supports the saudis and arms them.

i just struggle with the outrage at capital punishment (via whatever medevel means) and the somewhat ambivalent (and in times of patriotic fervour, wholehearted support) attitude towards modern remote kill methods.

I along with all normal people was outraged at the killing of the journalist by MSB's cretins, but the idea that other (our) govts dont carry out similar targeted assinations (but less messy and visible) on journalists other 'enemies of the state' amongst our midst is absurd. David Christopher Kelly CMG as an example.

ManchesterYoda

And fans that aren't emotionally attached might deep down want to stop supporting because of what has happened since Ferguson retired and this would give them a great "excuse" to do so.

Relevated

Mate, at this rate I don't mind if Faisal from four lions took over. At least he'd cover his beard with his hands and pretend to be non-religous.

Sweet Square

Hitler wins WW2 or you stop supporting United.

Pick one now !

Tel074

MbS is the crown price of Saudi Arabia. The head of state.
And Trump is the president of the USA do you think that clown makes every decision ?
But its the Saudi Royal family that own City, they are directly responsible for the dealings of Saudi, what bit of this aren't you getting?
And as a Spurs fan you wouldn't want what City have ? I couldn't give 2 flying f..ks as long as the club is owned by people who are in it to make United a power house again

Nick7

And Trump is the president of the USA do you think that clown makes every decision ?
What the absolute feck are you talking about Trump for? This conversation is about bin Salman, the crown price and head of state of Saudi Arabia purchasing Manchester United. United are not owned by Trump, so there's no need to bring him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.