Order of priorities for the rest of the season

MUFC OK

League over everything else.
Normally I'd say the Europa League is the second priority but we're in the League Cup final and we won't beat Barcelona anyway so I guess the final is the next priority, and EL after that.
The FA Cup I don't give a feck about.
I'd say we have a good chance. I'm fairly confident as long as we arent more than a goal down after the first leg.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

norm87cro

Top 4 and a trophy is enough. I would (as most of us I reckon) very much like the Fa cup more than the League cup but since we have a really good chance of winning the LC I would think its good for the moral of the team after such a drought

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Hey, my attitude won't make a difference to the games. I can't see us getting past this Barcelona side, they are superior in basically every position except for Casemiro and Varane. They are top in La Liga, barely concede goals, and have a lethal striker. Meanwhile we have basically no depth in midfield, struggle with scoring goals, and have an insane schedule around the Barca games. Also, our record against Spanish teams is dreadful.

It's not quite a foregone conclusion but I wouldn't give us more than a 10% chance and that is being generous.
If they were that unbeatable they would still be in the CL, not playing off for a place in the EL.

European football is very different to the stroll they have in LaLiga, where they are only really challenged by the Madrid clubs.

Rashford is on fire, AM9 and Sancho are back, and Weghorst overs a different option. We’re in a good place.
It definitely isn’t a foregone conclusion, we aren’t the same team we were 12 months ago, ETH is building something and developing the team and our style of play. Whilst it’s the hope that kills, we are going through an exciting time right now and it wouldn’t hurt to have a little belief in the team! ;)

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
League cup and top 4.

Anything else is a bonus.

UpWithRivers

All I wanted at the start of the season was functioning team that didn't down tools, fight amongst themselves and cry to the press. Everything from now on is cherries, sprinkles, sparklers, chocolate sauce and marshmallows. Oh and those little cocktail umbrellas.

Kaos

League cup (we desperately need silverware, and this is our best chance, hopefully propels us next season too)
Top 4 secure

The other two trophies are bonuses.

lex talionis

Some say just win every game. But life doesn’t work that way. Sometimes you do have to prioritize a match 8 days from now over a match 4 days from now, or vice versa.

There’s general agreement here that qualifying for the CL is the priority. I agree with that. We have a massive and winnable tie with Barcelona but if we go out then it’s clearly all about top four. If we beat Barcelona it’s still a tough road and we cannot let top four slip out of our grasp.

mu4c_20le

FA Cup > Europa all day in terms of prestige. Been awhile since we've won it too.

cyril C

Month by month really

For Feb, League Cup - Top 4 - FA - Europa. hence adequate rotation should require to make sure we achieve the top 2 priorities.

For Mar, since League Cup is out of the way, whichever cup we are still in the game can take higher priority over Top 4. If both Europa and FA are still alive, then 1 has to give. Sorry, no way we can afford both Cups as well as EPL at the same time.

HarryP

Why is the Greenwood thread locked?

There's no live investigation or case and all charges have been dropped. Come on lads, get with it. This isn't difficult - it's a topic that needs to be discussed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Won't take anything less than

League cup
Fa cup
Europa League
Premier league
Champions league
Euros
World cup
And a Copa america

Skills

Snitch
Us winning the league cup and FA cup this season and matching Liverpool's output from their historic last season, would be quite funny .

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

There's no live investigation or case and all charges have been dropped. Come on lads, get with it. This isn't difficult - it's a topic that needs to be discussed.
It will be open soon, as specified by the mods in the thread.

Fully Fledged

It gives reasons in the thread.

Havak

Pokemon master
Due to injuries, I'd drop Europa League to the bottom.

League Cup Final is probably the big one just to get some kind of silverware in the cabinet. Top 4 is comfortable but with the additional games, particularly Europa League, it may come under more scrutiny than it realistically should.

FA Cup we will and rightly should have a real go at since we have another Home tie against a team that have other properties themselves.

brewers

1.lc beat the humbugs
2.top 3 beat the Chelski
3. Euro beat barca
4. Fa cup
5. Buy kane

The White Pele

1. PL
2. League Cup final
3. FA Cup/Europa League

Whilst I generally value the FA cup more, winning the Europa league after coming through a two-legged tie against a resurgent Barcelona would be a big statement on the European stage.

Regardless, if we can finish top 4 and win a trophy then it’s the best season we’ve had since Fergie retired.

Bertie Wooster

1. Win a trophy.
2. Secure top 4.
3. In greedy, ideal world - look to win one of the other trophies.

Learning to win trophies again is the huge next step we need to continue our momentum as a squad. If we win the League Cup final later this month, I'm sure that would really help with aims 2 and 3.

Miss out again, and extend that run without a trophy, and that won't help with aims 2 and 3 in the remaining months - or whenever we get to the next Final.

Cantonagotmehere

I won't rest until Top 4 secure. I am still terrified we will slip up and teams like Liverpool and Chelsea will somehow get on a roll. I'm a wimp.

Revaulx

1. Top 4
2. Win League Cup Final
3. Win FA Cup

4. Win Europa League
CL qualification is obviously vital, and it would be great to do a domestic cup double. That would mean more to me than the Poverty Double we achieved in Jose’s first season.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Lets just get the League Cup in the bag and then top 4. FA Cup would be nice after that, the Europa i'm not too bothered about this season. Also i'd like a good big kick ass win at Anfield as the cherry on top.

Swedish_Plumber

Beating Barca over two legs would be a massive confidence booster going into the final.

Winning the LC and securing top 4 would be waaay more than I was expecting. Plus beat Barca and we should be favourites for the EL too.

Jeffthered

1: Top four would be a dream. Absolutely fantastic if we could do it. And would change a lot, a lot.. that's the key for a big striker coming in.
2: Clear transfer strategy for summer. ETH should know well before the end of the season, about who we want to move on. No time for more summer madness. Have to keep the progressive mentality in the team.

The Wembley appearances are a beautiful bonus, great day out for the club, and to be honest, I am less concerned about the result. The geordies will provide a shoot out and what a cracking atmosphere that will be!

But it's all about top four. All about top four. And that will be tough.

MrSingh2002

1. New owners
2. Win 2 competitions
3. Rehabilitate and re-educate Greenwood
4. Greenwood trains with the u21s
5. Greenwood returns to save us £100m on a new striker as Ten Hags new project

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1. League Cup
2. Top 4
3. Europa
4. FA Cup

If we beat Barcelona, I think #WeGoForIt LvG in the Europa. I'll be "happy" enough losing to them.