OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Really, you don't have bomb squads in the Police?

Nope. Despite what other "experts" in here will tell you. We have one of the best, if not the best, bomb squad in the world. It's military and it learned a lot of skills from the amount of ordnance the Luftwaffe dropped on London.

Cina

Just got home... Crazy afternoon. Feel for the Bournemouth fans and those that came from afar, 4 hours for me is nothing in comparison! Right call to call it off of course... Can't take chances with this sort of stuff.

Feck knows why Daniel Taylor is saying the club only told supporters at 3:20... We were told at about 3 it was abandoned.
:lol: shows how full of shit journo's are i suppose.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I imagine this was met with a lot of confused looks/sounds? Just intrigued about the whole scenario and how well it was handled.
Not really, after about 5/10 seconds of shock and everyone saying "What? Abandoned?" everyone just accepted it and started walking away from the ground.

When someone tells you the game is abandoned... its abandoned.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How is an explosion precautionary?

Like they didn't know what the package is so they just blew it up to be safe?
Yup.

Think Captain Corelli's Mandolin, except with a robot

NinjaFletch

If we win the FA Cup then we get EL football anyway don't we? In other words, given how the results are at the minute they might as well wait and see what happens before re-arranging?

Jev

Yeah, despite your sarcasm that's pretty much exactly how these things work. Controlled, safe explosions.

Jacob

It was just a bag full of LvG out stickers wasn't it?

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish

In my experience, they hit it with a shotgun type discharge, to break it up. They don't strap some C4 to it.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I love how everyone is an expert on bomb squads and bomb procedures now :lol:

Natener

If it's an actual attempt at killing people, which currently I find doubtful (thankfully), then it's an incredibly intricate attempt. How do they know there are gas pipes there? Really strange.
Not really strange. With the trouble to build a device, bring it into the stadium and plant it undetected, surely the culprit would have made it a point to do a detailed research on the infrastructure as well. Or have I been watching too many action movies?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Yeah, despite your sarcasm that's pretty much exactly how these things work. Controlled, safe explosions.
I wasn't being sarcastic.. It didn't cone across that way did it? :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Some police departments have dedicated bomb squad, most do not. In which case, a military bomb squad will be called.
Nope. Despite what other "experts" in here will tell you. We have one of the best, if not the best, bomb squad in the world. It's military and it learned a lot of skills from the amount of ordnance the Luftwaffe dropped on London.
Interesting, in France the military are never involved. The BRI, GIPN, GIGN or Raid will send someone and they are all members of the Police at the exception of the GIGN who are part of the army and the police.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fair enough. Still should've done better considering they search everyone. Jacket off, that gets searched, then a full pat down.

Really hope they catch the cnut who did it. He'll only end up trying again.
Might not have been brought in with the crowd. They must have tons of people coming into OT at different times.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Obviously Van Gaal stopped the plot like an action movie.

He fought his way through countless terrorists and managed to defuse the device 1 second before detonation.

Die Hard: Old Trafford. Coming to a cinema near you.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Yeah was calm enough. It wasn't like I was shaking with fear.

Just a surreal experience. And you're sitting there thinking "what if"
I can imagine. The calmness of the fans really impressed me. You just need a few number of people understandably panicking and the situation could get out of control. Well done everyone.