Our Wayne ... Oh Dear

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I don't see the problem, Livvie... Clearly, sex is more important than marriage. At least for men.
And you don't see that as a problem?

If that's the case, they shouldn't be married men.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Rooney is my favourite player but i don't want him playing until his head is 100% straight.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Rooney is my favourite player but i don't want him playing until his head is 100% straight.
I know what you mean...but that would mean a long lay off whilst he gets over the surgery. Best leave that to end of season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We just have to find a way to get him to generate all the off field tension in his head into something positive on the pitch. I mean I'm sure these players have to play when they're low all the time, so in a sense they must be used to it. I know not to this extent but you know what I mean..

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yes! There are at least five from my town that look the spit of him and the fact that his last name is Rooney.
That doesn't make him a traveller. It just means that it's likely one of his previous generations were travellers.

SecondFig

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Forget this bs, what is truly worrying is that Rooney's playing well below his abilities.

Every game you think he's going to show what he's about now, then just get sorely disappointed by another Inzaghi on a bad day performance.

gbgary

Forget this bs, what is truly worrying is that Rooney's playing well below his abilities.

Every game you think he's going to show what he's about now, then just get sorely disappointed by another Inzaghi on a bad day performance.
Really? He's played so little, since the story broke, there's not much of a sample to go by. He'll be fine. I'll bet he scores tomorrow if he plays.

Mick1991

That doesn't make him a traveller. It just means that it's likely one of his previous generations were travellers.
He would be second/third generation at the most. Nothing to be ashamed of, they are quite nice people.

radd

Ferguson blames media glare for Rooney form

SAF using the media to send a not-so subtle message to Wazza...

Sir Alex Ferguson blames media glare for Wayne Rooney form - Barclays Premier League - ESPN Soccernet

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he is concerned with the media attention surrounding star striker Wayne Rooney and that the constant pressure on him is exhausting.

GettyImages
Sir Alex Ferguson thinks Wayne Rooney is not coping well with the intense public scrutiny of his private life.
Rooney has scored just one goal this season as allegations surrounding his private life have been dragged through the tabloids for weeks. He was left out of the trip to Everton two weekends ago, with Ferguson saying it was unfair to subject him to the abuse of the home supporters and now the Scottish boss thinks that the reigning Footballer of the Year's focus on the pitch is suffering.

"I don't believe he has a confidence problem but the boy is starting to realise finally, without any question, what kind of focus is on him as a human being," Ferguson told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is realising what it means to be at the centre of media attention for non-football-related questions.

"I don't think the boy can turn a corner at the moment without a camera on him. He can't move without the paparazzi being on him and, for a young person, that is not what you want. You want to play and enjoy your football without that attention on you, because that can be quite exhausting.

''He would like to keep playing with freedom, but the siege of the tabloids can wear out anyone."

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Is it clear that Rooney banged these girls or is it still speculation?

Rooney is really an idiot for brining that to him - not just because it affects his private life, but also because it affects his professional career.

radd

Nah, Jenny Thompson (was that her name?) was for real.

Indeed, he's an idiot. Surely he could've paid her more than a tabloid to shut her gob.

MJLD

I worry for Rooney and his form. You get the feeling that one good game will turn the tide but it just isn't happening. He's not been shit, but this season he's been average. It's frustrating, because how long do you keep him in the side? We're lucky Berbatov is in form.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I worry for Rooney and his form. You get the feeling that one good game will turn the tide but it just isn't happening. He's not been shit, but this season he's been average. It's frustrating, because how long do you keep him in the side? We're lucky Berbatov is in form.
Though the media shit storm isn't ideal, thing we have to remember is that this early season Rooney malaise/lull has become a habitual thing. And every season he ends up having one game when it all comes together.

In the long run, I don't think we need to be worried about him. His marriage hasn't gone down the pan and the media will find other things to talk about. Indeed, once his form picks up, they'll all start talking about what a great footballer he is again.

Minkaro

It's a bit of a vicious circle, isn't it? If he's in the team, there's a chance his poor performance could lead to dropped points, but if he's dropped, his confidence could take a serious battering.

Or he might respond to being dropped in a positive way. It might be a wake-up call. He seems like he could be that kind of person, but obviously I don't actually know the guy.

radd

Till he retires.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well the admission form his manager that the fiasco has affected his form and most probably an admission from the player himself is the first step to dealing with it. The lad was more than likely in a bit of denial that it was affecting his football but now realises that of field things can have an impact on your working life.
The lad's human not some psycho like Terry;)

radd

The feck you rolling your eyes at that for? Exactly how long ago was it that he had 3 assists for England in one game?

Agreed, the BPITW mentions are not exactly gonna be coming soon, but he's been quite good for us.

Devilton

We play him back into form. There is no other option. If Rooney gets dropped his confidence and form will plummet and then we're totally fecked. He needs to feel the support of the manager, the team and the fans. That's how he will find his form.

I would play him on the wings if that's what it takes. He was actually pretty effective on the wings when Ronaldo was here and at least there he doesn't have to score every game.

Whatever happens. Rooney must play. Aside from not really having anyone even close to being good enough to replace him (Owen, Kiko, Hernandez all good players aren't a patch on Wayne) it would be a hammerblow on the mans confidence if he was dropped.