Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why? It is? Ask him if he thinks being the one of the highest transfer fees ever is lunacy, that's a different question. I'd be amazed if any player actually thinks they are worth the money paid for them.
Confidence. It always kinda worries me when a player believes the club paid too much for him because it might denote a lack of confidence in his ability to live up to it. Zidane said the same thing when we signed him and it turned out allright in the end, so it's not necessarily an issue, but it's something that bugs me

What you reckon Ronaldo would say about the fee Madrid paid for him?
Bargain of the century

In one year his tranfer fee has multiplied x10, you can ask him if he believes he's now 10 times the player he was in 2016, maybe you would get how that fee was lunacy.
See above

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I still don't understand why they have them do keepy ups in front of fans.

Deleted member 101472

I still don't understand why they have them do keepy ups in front of fans.
Keepy ups are an important part of the game. In fact they should be part of the medical.

I'd always just assume that most professional players can do thousands of keepie ups at will. They aren't difficult.

Culero

Confidence. It always kinda worries me when a player believes the club paid too much for him because it might denote a lack of confidence in his ability to live up to it. Zidane said the same thing when we signed him and it turned out allright in the end, so it's not necessarily an issue, but it's something that bugs me

Bargain of the century

See above
I think you are over thinking it giorno. The market is what the market is and players understand that. If Neymar doesn't go does Dembele move for that fee? So if values are that unstable then players do recognize its what the club's deem as sufficient compensation. He has his dream move and is at the elite of the football world, that is enough motivation.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Well that's good news. Even aside from this they're gonna have to start resting Suarez and Messi at times a bit like Real did last season with their players.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That's the problem of paying so much for a player, he'll probably come back and still be great but a more serious injury and it could have a permanent effect on his game.

Deulofeu and Denis have been good but this is a huge blow for Barça.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That's the problem of paying so much for a player, he'll probably come back and still be great but a more serious injury and it could have permanent effect.

Deulofeu and Denis have been good but this is a huge blow for Barça.
Problem I think is more with Dembele going on strike at Dortmund to force the move, then Barcelona playing him before he reached full fitness so he got a very unfortunate injury that could probably have otherwise been avoided.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Poor lad, always sad to see a good young player get a bad injury. Hope he comes back soon.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Barcelona failed to acquire Di Maria (a 40 millions offer on 31th August) or Coutinho.

The next months may be challenging.

I'm a fan of the player so let's hope he will recover quickly.

luke511

They have Messi and Suarez at the end of the day, pretty sure they'll be fine without.

VanGaalEra

Hamstring and it's 3-4 months.

Those 12 week reports for Pogba right now got me like :nervous:

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Karma is a bitch. Goes on strike, doesn´t train for a month. Consequence suffers muscle injury.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Problem I think is more with Dembele going on strike at Dortmund to force the move, then Barcelona playing him before he reached full fitness so he got a very unfortunate injury that could probably have otherwise been avoided.
Doesn't take away from the problem of paying out of your nose for this to possibly happen.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Doesn't take away from the problem of paying out of your nose for this to possibly happen.
Anyone would have had to pay out of their nose to get a talent like Dembele, Barcelona did nothing wrong there. What I judge Barcelona on, is how much they cried about the Neymar deal with PSG when they've done the same thing to many other clubs before.

I'm gutted about Dembele's injury, he's such a talent and the game as a whole loses out whenever someone like him is out on the sideline.

el3mel

Feel sorry for Barca and him. Terrible way to start his career there.

Hope he comes strong after this.

C3Pique

This goes to show how ridiculous the transfer market is now. All that money spent on what are at the end of the day humans! One freak injury and it could all be wasted. I'd like to think this sort of thing would put a brake on the ridiculous 100m+ transfer fees but I know it won't.

izec

Should have trained at Dortmund in isolation instead of doing feck all or privately. They would have sold him anyway for that money, Dortmund always sell at the end of the day if a huge offer comes in. That strike was pointless.

Deleted member 101472

A lot of people borderline celebrating a players injury. Big no no.

Reynoldo

A lot of people borderline celebrating a players injury. Big no no.
I'm not celebrating his injury, I genuinely feel sorry for the lad and I would have liked to see him play over the next few months.

I am however vehemently celebrating Barca's misfortune :devil:

Deleted member 101472

Barca :lol:

Long may their misery continue.
So you're happy that their "misery" is the result of a very talented young player having half his season potentially ruined by injury?

Deleted member 101472

I'm not celebrating his injury, I genuinely feel sorry for the lad and I would have liked to see him play over the next few months.

I am however vehemently celebrating Barca's misfortune :devil:
When the misfortune is as a result of a player being injured, it's not ideal to celebrate it