Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How do we know he wasn't training (cardio, etc) in the off season privately? You would expect professional footballers to stay in shape.

Shark

@NotShark
So you're happy that their "misery" is the result of a very talented young player having half his season potentially ruined by injury?
What's wrong with you and so many others on this forum? Are you searching for something to be mad about because your life is so boring?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What's wrong with you and so many others on this forum? Are you searching for something to be mad about because your life is so boring?
You're the one looking mad here.

Deleted member 101472

I think it's more just a case of not being an arsehole that celebrates when a player gets injured.

Shark

@NotShark
I think it's more just a case of not being an arsehole that celebrates when a player gets injured.
If you think my post states that I'm celebrating a players injury, well then as I said, you must be very bored and looking for the least thing to be mad about.

Schneckerl

How do we know he wasn't training (cardio, etc) in the off season privately? You would expect professional footballers to stay in shape.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...nd-when-he-realised-messi-wasnt-human-6261045

What were you doing while you were waiting to sign?

I ran a little in the afternoon, although I couldn't do it during the last few days because it was too hot. But above all I was by the phone, waiting to find out how everything was.
€100 M player.

Last edited:

Deleted member 101472

If you think my post states that I'm celebrating a players injury, well then as I said, you must be very bored and looking for the least thing to be mad about.
Honestly not bored with one single aspect of my life, nor am I mad about it. More just wondering why someone would revel in a clubs recent misfortune that centers entirely around the injury of a talented young player I'm sure the majority of us would rather see.

Shark

@NotShark
Honestly not bored with one single aspect of my life, nor am I mad about it. More just wondering why someone would revel in a clubs recent misfortune that centers entirely around the injury of a talented young player I'm sure the majority of us would rather see.
So if somebody in real life, say a United fan at work said to you something funny about Barca's misfortune, as that's what football fans do, have a bit if banter, you would be the douche you are being now and accuse them of celebrating a players injury like they are some kind of sick asshole?

If so, I deeply feel sorry for people you're around on a daily basis.

Deleted member 101472

So if somebody in real life, say a United fan at work said to you something funny about Barca's misfortune, as that's what football fans do, have a bit if banter, you would be the douche you are being now and accuse them of celebrating a players injury like they are some kind of sick asshole?

If so, I deeply feel sorry for people you're around on a daily basis.
I'd say "bit harsh laughing at them because the boy got injured no?"

Don't worry, the people around me on a daily basis do just fine.

Shark

@NotShark
I'd say "bit harsh laughing at them because the boy got injured no?"

Don't worry, the people around me on a daily basis do just fine.
Well for the record, I in no way or form would ever celebrate a players injury. I was just having a light hearted jest at Barca's luck. Its amazing that so many people in these threads have to justify themselves time after time.

Deleted member 101472

Well for the record, I in no way or form would ever celebrate a players injury. I was just having a light hearted jest at Barca's luck. Its amaximg that so many people in these threads have to justify themselves time after time.
I'm probably just a tad more moralistic than you and think it's bad taste to laugh at their misfortune when it's due to an injury. It's a shame for the lad, and now we are both stuck watching an Everton bench warmer playing every week for barca instead of one of the brightest prospects in the world.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm probably just a tad more moralistic than you and think it's bad taste to laugh at their misfortune when it's due to an injury. It's a shame for the lad, and now we are both stuck watching an Everton bench warmer playing every week for barca instead of one of the brightest prospects in the world.
Yeah that must be it.

Fecking hell. :rolleyes:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't wish injury or pain on anyone, but this is mildly amusing. I assume he's not writhing in agony while collecting his millions of euros, so no qualms morally.

Deleted member 101472

Yeah that must be it.

Fecking hell. :rolleyes:
You can't expect me not to have a cheeky sarcastic dig when you've came to the conclusion that my life's boring and the people around me must suffer because I told someone on the internet that they shouldn't celebrate a clubs misfortune relating to an injured player?

RedCurry

He's young, his body will fully recover I am sure about it. Just hope they don't try to rush him back.

djdhrubs

He's young, his body will fully recover I am sure about it. Just hope they don't try to rush him back.
Well he's a winger who relies a lot on pace, so his hamstrings are probably his most important muscles. Now that they're buggered with a very serious injury, there's also a chance that they'll be chronically affected. Here's to hoping that one of the most expensive and on paper promising young players in the world ends up on the scrap heap and ends up an injury prone flop! Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.
@Arbitrium @Shark

:)

I make the people around me miserable, and I'm proud of it!

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
How do you even get out of bed in the morning, when you are upset about the feeling of other people about a young multi-millionaire that suffered a self-inflicted muslce injury, because he acted like an unprofessional dick. That ranks at around 47.342.567 on the "bad things that happened to people today"-scale. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 101472

How do you even get out of bed in the morning, when you are upset about the feeling of other people about a young multi-millionaire that suffered a self-inflicted muslce injury, because he acted like an unprofessional dick. That ranks at around 47.342.567 on the "bad things that happened to people today"-scale. :rolleyes:
You're right. I should just stay there. What a senseless moron I am.

Deleted member 101472

Well he's a winger who relies a lot on pace, so his hamstrings are probably his most important muscles. Now that they're buggered with a very serious injury, there's also a chance that they'll be chronically affected. Here's to hoping that one of the most expensive and on paper promising young players in the world ends up on the scrap heap and ends up an injury prone flop! Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.
@Arbitrium @Shark

:)

I make the people around me miserable, and I'm proud of it!
Clever, I would never have expected white text to appear there.

D4X73r

You also wouldn't expect a professional footballer to strike because you want to leave the club and see what happened ;)

djdhrubs

Clever, I would never have expected white text to appear there.
My professional opinion is that either you're a bit grumpy, or you've suffered a serious injury in the past and are transferring that frustration onto the Dembele thread in a United forum. Relax, I won't charge you anything for this opinion.

On the subject of players at other/ rival clubs getting injured and how I feel about it: I either feel indifferent about it if it's a player/ club I don't care about, or I feel very positive about it if it's a rival club. If we are in a title run in with City, and de Bruyne pulls his hamstring with 10 games remaining, I'm gonna be a happy guy. I won't give two s*its about the public being denied seeing a talented young player, or the future well being of that player etc. The only reason I might feel a pang of sympathy is if the player has been the recipient of an ugly challenge and has suffered a horrible injury. Even then, it'll be a pang, and if it's for a club that's rivaling us, bottom line is I'll be happy about it.

Deleted member 101472

My professional opinion is that either you're a bit grumpy, or you've suffered a serious injury in the past and are transferring that frustration onto the Dembele thread in a United forum. Relax, I won't charge you anything for this opinion.

On the subject of players at other/ rival clubs getting injured and how I feel about it: I either feel indifferent about it if it's a player/ club I don't care about, or I feel very positive about it if it's a rival club. If we are in a title run in with City, and de Bruyne pulls his hamstring with 10 games remaining, I'm gonna be a happy guy. I won't give two s*its about the public being denied seeing a talented young player, or the future well being of that player etc. The only reason I might feel a pang of sympathy is if the player has been the recipient of an ugly challenge and has suffered a horrible injury. Even then, it'll be a pang, and if it's for a club that's rivaling us, bottom line is I'll be happy about it.
:lol: Thank god you're not.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Gutted for the lad,
Not losing any sleep over Barca missfortune though, play acting cnuts :wenger:

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Dembele will be just fine. 3 months ain't that bad when it's this early in the season.

podurban2

Same kid who refused to show up in training for Dortmund? I might cry for him tonight.

Joeace2020

I am sorry i can't feel any feel pity for a player who downed tools and made mockery of a club who has made him what he is.(You think dortmund fans will be feeling sad right now? Didn't think you'd say yes) Ronaldo stayed with us a year and gave his all, whereas Di Maria the pu$$y used us to get his dream move. I'll have a permanent grin on my face if we met PSG in the knockouts and we took him out for the rest of the season. I also feel no pity for a club whose pastime is to turn the heads of players without respecting the host club - case in point statements made by Barcelona concerning Coutinho. I hope 5 of their best first team players join him on the treatment table so hopefully we can get one of UEFA's favorite babies out of the champs league before they are fit again. My opinion and i owe no one explanations.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
The statements Barca made about Coutinho were "we'd like to sign this player so we are going to try to do that". What's wrong with that? Isn't that how you are supposed to sign a player, by making a deal with the club before the player? As soon as English news companies revealed that we were in for him, what else could be done? It's already public knowledge at that point.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So, appearantly Dembele could have had already musular problems in the last training and warm up before the match as there is footage of him clutching his thigh repeatily.

Aside from the fact, that Dembele himself would have been wise to listen to his body more, how exactly was that not seen by Barca´s staff? I don´t know how the warmup program of Barca looks like but ours is strictly planned and monitored by multiple coaches, especially to catch such things that could risk injuries. Given that Dembele missed two of the most vital training weeks of the season, they should have watched him with hawk eyes.

That Valverde also blames Dembele´s inexperience as player for the movement that caused the injury is just icing on the cake. That is now exactly what a boy, who just suffered the first major injury of his career, needs...

I have little love for the spoiled brat, but normally the coach should be the person to protect the player in this kind of a situation and not throw him under the bus in a press conference and make him feel even worse.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I don't know Valverde well enough but it is was a comment I wouldn't have wanted to hear from a coach. It does look like the player & training staff should have identified this issue earlier and perhaps prevented the rupture through treatment/recouperation

Valverde has his work cut out for him early as now they are backing to hurting in terms of width - Arda to return to the rotation?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So, appearantly Dembele could have had already musular problems in the last training and warm up before the match as there is footage of him clutching his thigh repeatily.

Aside from the fact, that Dembele himself would have been wise to listen to his body more, how exactly was that not seen by Barca´s staff? I don´t know how the warmup program of Barca looks like but ours is strictly planned and monitored by multiple coaches, especially to catch such things that could risk injuries. Given that Dembele missed two of the most vital training weeks of the season, they should have watched him with hawk eyes.
Was it successful? I don't what kind of injuries Dortmund players had (impact or muscular) but usually Dortmund have lot of players missing due to injuries isn't it?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Anyone would have had to pay out of their nose to get a talent like Dembele, Barcelona did nothing wrong there. What I judge Barcelona on, is how much they cried about the Neymar deal with PSG when they've done the same thing to many other clubs before.

I'm gutted about Dembele's injury, he's such a talent and the game as a whole loses out whenever someone like him is out on the sideline.
There is the option on not spending over 100 million for a player that has basically done nothing. I'm not calling it right or wrong but there's definitely a big chance of doing so and one of them is losing out because the risk of injury.