g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That refers to 'hands' not feet. Two footed, is the best expression or if your looking for accuracy then 'ambipedal,' is the word.
That's interesting because ethymologically ambidextrous doesn't specify hands or feet, it means that both sides are right(dexter) meaning correct. So ambidextrous is correct while ambidepal is just a precision.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's interesting because ethymologically ambidextrous doesn't specify hands or feet, it means that both sides are right(dexter) meaning correct. So ambidextrous is correct while ambidepal is just a precision.
You're right I was being pedantic!

Andersons Dietician

I was tipped off to this kid when he was at Rennes by someone on talking reds so started paying attention to him and wow. I think the greatest thing about him is I watched him at Rennes, Dortmund and now Barca and I’m still not sure what is his dominant foot. There was even an interview when he was at Rennes and he isn’t sure either. If I recall the foot he takes free kicks with is different from the foot he takes penalties with.

Haven’t watched him much at all this year but just watching him now and the way he beats a man is kind of beautiful, when he is running with a ball it just looks graceful. He also got absolutely wiped out by a CB who was lucky to stay on the pitch. Was a really nasty tackle.

Had kinda hoped this rumour going around that they might sell him was true not that I really think United would buy him but seeing some of how he has played in this game has refreshed my memory as to how good this kid could be and there is no way Barca would let him go. Surely...

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
It would be borderline moronic for Barcelona to even contemplate selling/loaning Dembele, he's obviously a great talent. Suarez is the one that needs replacing, whether anyone there has the guts to do it remains to be seen.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Despite the injuries, he's been very productive in terms of goals/assist per 90m. I don't buy anything that comes out of the press in regards to Barcelona looking to loan/sell him. Suarez will be gone before Dembele, and it will most likely be a year from now.

Bwuk

We should be all over this.

We’d in effect be paying for Griezmann to go to Barca, but Dembele would be our best winger comfortably.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I hate to see and hear people berate young footballers. They're far from the finished product and can improve but a lot of them you can see immense talent there. All they require is the right coach, luck with injuries and self belief. Some of the comments here about Dembele are embarrassing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Finally found his feet as a Barca player. Been very good this season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Can’t believe there were people doubting him last season... unbelievable talent.

He doesn’t fit the traditional mould of a Barcelona player since he’s more suited to a counter attacking style than he is to the slow possession game Barcelona normally play so there will be inconsistent periods where he loses the ball too many times but players like him will succeed anywhere.

Eddy_JukeZ

Will admit I was wrong on him.

He's scored some cracking goals this season.

Colombian Mancunian

Highly overrated. Good player, but no the WC some people here think he is. He is below Rashford and Martial and way below M’Bappe.

I don’t want him here for two reasons: inconsistent and far form the finished product (managed 8 mere goals on his best season so far), we need an experienced winger.
On the other hand his mentality is weak, if people here are tired of Martial, Dembele is way worse. Add to that Mourinho’s hard love.

Andersons Dietician

Highly overrated. Good player, but no the WC some people here think he is. He is below Rashford and Martial and way below M’Bappe.

I don’t want him here for two reasons: inconsistent and far form the finished product (managed 8 mere goals on his best season so far), we need an experienced winger.
On the other hand his mentality is weak, if people here are tired of Martial, Dembele is way worse. Add to that Mourinho’s hard love.
Did you ever watch the guy at Rennes or Dortmund? If anything he has more technical ability than all the players you’ve mentioned. I’d walk Sanchez and leave a Kidney behind to get him to United.

Culero

Good lord! Do you watch him play regularly? He has a higher ceiling than both those players you mentioned apart from Mbappe and the other two aren't even starters at United.

Rossa

Love it when you criticize a player, then go "on the other hand" only to criticize him further.

Do you know him well considering your evaluation of his mentality?

Rossa

Did you ever watch the guy at Rennes or Dortmund? If anything he has more technical ability than all the players you’ve mentioned. I’d walk Sanchez and leave a Kidney behind to get him to United.
I'd do the walking before the kidney. Stitches and stuff, and you never know, Sanchez may turn out to be a funny one. He has to have something!

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

:lol:

PvsNP

The state of this post. It's so obvious you haven't watched him at Rennes, Dortmund and this season's Barcelona.

He'd be perfect for our RW.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I guess I've got ignored whoever is posting whatever nonsense is getting this reaction, probably a wise move. Dembele below Rashford is hilarious.

Trizy

What? He's twice the player Rashford is. On par with Martial when Martial is at his best and below Dembele (just like every under 25 player in the world).

Colombian Mancunian

Good lord! Do you watch him play regularly? He has a higher ceiling than both those players you mentioned apart from Mbappe and the other two aren't even starters at United.
What an absolutely clueless statement.
The state of this post. It's so obvious you haven't watched him at Rennes, Dortmund and this season's Barcelona.

He'd be perfect for our RW.
And it's obvious he hasn't watched neither Martial nor Rashford
Last season maybe. But this season he has been more than a league better than Rashford which admittedly isn't to hard the way Rashford started the season.
What? He's twice the player Rashford is. On par with Martial when Martial is at his best and below Dembele (just like every under 25 player in the world).
As a matter of fact I have watched him at Dortmund, which was his best season so far. He just scored 8 goals in all competitions, below what Martial is capable of doing in a more difficult league.

Rennes? His time there is no indicative of his level. Depay was the best player at Eredivisd and look how that turns out. Lacazzette turned League 1 on fire, what has he done on EPL?

Most people jump at me saying y have no sense, that I don’t watch the player, that I’m clueless... those are your arguments to prove Dembele is as good as you say?

The guy scored mere 8 goals in all competitions on his best season so far. Didn’t do jackshit on his first season at Barcelona. Currently is having ok matches against fodder team on La Liga and people here are comparing him to Ronaldinho? Let’s wait how the season goes and how instrumental he is for Barcelona. If I have to retract my opinion I’ll do it... But until he scores more than 15 goals in all competitions and probes instrumental in Barcelona winning a trophy, I will not rate Dembele above Martial, or consider him the WC player some here make him to be.

I have watched him numerous times due to the overhyping of him here... Dortmund just managed 8 goals in all competitions, Barcelona didn’t do anything on his first year, and currently with one month of football have looked good against fodder teams. On the WC he didn’t even play 30 minutes.

Seriously people, have you watched him? Or do you like him just for his exotic name? If he were at United the same people who overhype him will crucify him for his lack of definition and weak mentality.

Excuse me for having a diferent opinion and thinking your beloved Dembele isn’t as good as you think.

He is good, just not 120 million good (especially after 8 mere goals in all competitions). Barcelona got scammed, Dembele is a 60 million player at best.

I’ll want him at United? Considering we currently have no one at Rw, he will be an upgrade. What I don’t want is the club to pay a ridiculous amount for him. Maybe 80 millions die to the “premier league tax” and the “united tax”, but anything above that heck no. Not worth it.

For 120-150 we can get Dybala who is twice the player, has more goals in him and has a way higher ceiling.

Last edited: