Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Hardly a big loss, more like an enormous cash windfall
Dortmund won't get a replacement of his quality. Probably not even near his quality. They are a sports team first and have ambitious goals, so it is a big loss. They would have been better off having Dembele in their team for 2-3 years and sell him for 150m+ afterwards.
Barcelona were offered similar deal that Dortmund ended up with before his move from Rennes but Bartomeu turned it down. Could've had him for 15 million, now?

That's a big loss from a piss poor board
As far as I know, Dembele made it very clear that he didn't want to join a giant club as a sub last summer. At that point, MSN was still expected to stay together for a long time. Neymar's transfer was the crucial change in that respect, because Dembele can now move to Barca to play as a starter.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Hardly a big loss, more like an enormous cash windfall - Barcelona were offered similar deal that Dortmund ended up with before his move from Rennes but Bartomeu turned it down. Could've had him for 15 million, now?

That's a big loss from a piss poor board
Dembele playing for rennes was harassed all the top clubs. Rennes will earn around 50 millions at the end. 15 millions is just an upfront payment: see the post of a german poster in the last page iirc

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Dortmund won't get a replacement of his quality. Probably not even near his quality. They are a sports team first and have ambitious goals, so it is a big loss. They would have been better off having Dembele in their team for 2-3 years and sell him for 150m+ afterwards.

As far as I know, Dembele made it very clear that he didn't want to join a giant club as a sub last summer. At that point, MSN was still expected to stay together for a long time. Neymar's transfer was the crucial change in that respect, because Dembele can now move to Barca to play as a starter.
Agree with the whole post.

He could have left rennes to directly join barcelona or psg but opted for dortmund To make sure he will be a starter. Aubameyang bas made the job to convince him also.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Dembele playing for rennes was harassed all the top clubs. Rennes will earn around 50 millions at the end. 15 millions is just an upfront payment: see the post of a german poster in the last page iirc
I'm aware and I imagine it was the add-ons along with the 15 million up front that put Bartomeu off but a year later look at what price they will have to pay to ultimately land him - poor leadership from our board, one of many examples

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
I'm aware and I imagine it was the add-ons along with the 15 million up front that put Bartomeu off but a year later look at what price they will have to pay to ultimately land him - poor leadership from our board, one of many examples
Tbf the inflation rate over one year that we are seeing is not something many people could've predicted with any degree of certainty.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
One thing to barcelona's advantage is dortmund probably can't afford to keep him against his will if the player acts like that. Too many crocks on that team

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

It will be interesting to see with Dembele and Coutinho moving who Dortmund and Liverpool will approach.

One of them might look into Mahrez direction who for me seems to be a bargain in this market.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
One thing to barcelona's advantage is dortmund probably can't afford to keep him against his will if the player acts like that. Too many crocks on that team
That's a very important question, bit I don't think we can answer it easily. There have been similar stories where the players behaved themselves in the end.
Rafael van der Vaart for example leaked pictures of himself in a Valencia jersey in order to face a move there, back then Hamburg slapped him with a hefty fine, he stayed and kept performing so well that Real signed him.
Dembele pulled some shit before in order to force a move to Salzburg and in the end extended his contract at Rennes.

I'd say the chances of this transfer happening are 50/50 at the moment.

It will be interesting to see with Dembele and Coutinho moving who Dortmund and Liverpool will approach.

One of them might look into Mahrez direction who for me seems to be a bargain in this market.
You think Barca can sign both? Dortmund seem to demand €130m to €150m and I imagine Liverpool will ask at the very very least €100m. So even if aim super low with your calculation and leave out stuff like taxes, agent and signing fees the combined cost already exceeds the Neymar fee.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I wasnt following this thread. Then i see the "130M deal close" and get very excited only to realize it was about barcelona :mad:

Cruel, cruel admins :(

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

You think Barca can sign both? Dortmund seem to demand €130m to €150m and I imagine Liverpool will ask at the very very least €100m. So even if aim super low with your calculation and leave out stuff like taxes, agent and signing fees the combined cost already exceeds the Neymar fee.
Well right now it seems so. And why should Barca not be able to spend more than the Neymar fee?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Chances are much higher than that.

Have they even bought a player so far? Shouldn't be an issue if not.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's a very important question, bit I don't think we can answer it easily. There have been similar stories where the players behaved themselves in the end.
Rafael van der Vaart for example leaked pictures of himself in a Valencia jersey in order to face a move there, back then Hamburg slapped him with a hefty fine, he stayed and kept performing so well that Real signed him.
Dembele pulled some shit before in order to force a move to Salzburg and in the end extended his contract at Rennes.

Why not? They have circa 700m euros revenue, and while their wage is absolutely huge, there should still be some money there for transfers (not including 222m from Neymar's transfer).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Chances are much higher than that.
I would've said so before yesterday, but then Dortmund released their investor statement. And according to their mouthpiece RN both clubs are still far apart financially. All the while the clock is ticking. With Aubameyang they closed the door like three weeks ago, I don't think they will drag out negotiations - Barca will have to manage an angreement soon or the price will go up by the minute.

Have they even bought a player so far? Shouldn't be an issue if not.
They spent around €50m and they have their little stadium project. I have no idea how deep their pockets are at the moment, but if they had significant money to spend aside from the Neymar fee I would've expected them to do so by now.

Suedesi

That's just wrong though. Rennes gets 25% of the transfer money, so if Dortmund sell him for 100m this year, that's an additional 25m for Rennes. It would mean that Rennes sold him for 40m last season and Dortmund sold him on for 100m this year with only a 60m profit overall. Hardly an increase in his value that's worth that much drama considering his performances last season, his talent, his contract status and the fact that it's already late in the transfer window.

They've got every right to demand more than 100m and if it's true that Barca only offered 80m + 20m bonus payments or something like that, it's laughable that anyone bitches about Dortmund's demands.
First off is it 25% of the gross transfer amount or is it 25% off the net amount? I'd think it's net.

If they sell him for 100, they would net 63.75, for an asset they spend 15 acquiring, so 425% annual ROI. By any accounting / economic measure that's more than fair. Of course they can ask for 150m, they have the right, doesn't make it reasonable though.

Dembele is a talented guy with 1 year on his CV. We've seen BVB players look world class in Bundesliga not being able to maintain the same level abroad (Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sahin, Gundogan etc).

You tell me 80+20 is ridiculous, I tell you it's more than double the world record transfer in Germany. Neymar has really distorted the market.

Nick7

Ye keep talking about "fair". Whats fair for random Redcafe user X isn't the same as what's fair for Borussia Dortmund.

NoLogo

I feel the club that needs to let a players go has any right to be as unreasonable as they want in their asking price. They obviously don't want to lose the player. Barca has the money. I say ask for the entire 220M from the Neymar deal. :D

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
First off is it 25% of the gross transfer amount or is it 25% off the net amount? I'd think it's net.

If they sell him for 100, they would net 63.75, for an asset they spend 15 acquiring, so 425% annual ROI. By any accounting / economic measure that's more than fair. Of course they can ask for 150m, they have the right, doesn't make it reasonable though.

Dembele is a talented guy with 1 year on his CV. We've seen BVB players look world class in Bundesliga not being able to maintain the same level abroad (Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sahin, Gundogan etc).

You tell me 80+20 is ridiculous, I tell you it's more than double the world record transfer in Germany. Neymar has really distorted the market.
The world record for Germany. I think the term you are looking for is German record.

Oh and the world record for Germany is €75M for DeBruyne, so €80M guaranteed is not more than double. Doubled is your desperation level over the last 24 hours. :p

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't see Madrid seriously bidding for him.Doesnt he play on the right? In the space that now ocuppies Bale in a 4-3-3?.

Suedesi

The world record for Germany. I think the term you are looking for is German record.

Oh and the world record for Germany is €75M for DeBruyne, so €80M guaranteed is not more than double. Doubled is your desperation level over the last 24 hours. :p

:lol: oh snap

In net profit it is more than double.

Visca Catalunya, este Liebe, I'm so bored of this saga already.

Well done to Watzke and Co., he should open a hedge fund next, I'll gladly invest with him ;)

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ye keep talking about "fair". Whats fair for random Redcafe user X isn't the same as what's fair for Borussia Dortmund.
That is the thing that some on here seem to not grasp. As some Barca supporter whined about an anti-Barca bias on here, let´s just put the whole situation in objective terms. An European top 3 club wants to sign a highly rated key player with a huge remaining contract duration from an European top 10 club right as the season starts. In what world will this player transfer for a "normal" or "fair" sum? There are half a dozen factors at play here that drive up the price. The bigger club either overpays by asignificatn margin for said player or walks away. It is as simple as that.

Normally I would have some concerns regarding Dembele´s willingness to perform as well as he can, but there is one circumstance here that lowers my worry immensively: A certain event right on the horizon, where Dembele wants to play a good role in: the 2018 WC. If he wants to start in a team with a fair shot of winning the whole thing, he can´t afford to pout and sit on either the bench or the stands for the majority of the following season. France is way too stacked on his positions for that.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I can't see Madrid seriously bidding for him.Doesnt he play on the right? In the space that now ocuppies Bale in a 4-3-3?.
He is flexible across the front 3, but mainly RW.

You'd be wise to get him now with the way inflation is going, Ronaldo isn't getting younger and Bale isn't getting fitter.

He is bang on to be a worldie winger, his talent is amazing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can play anywhere

I think we might bid, but only to make it harder for barcelona. Isco's new contract is worth €6M(12) a year, Asensio's €3.5M(7), and catalan media are reporting barca are offering dembele €10M(20). No way we're offering him that, would blow up our entire wage structure and risk ruining the dressing room

Now if he ends up staying put, next season might be different

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is flexible across the front 3, but mainly RW.

You'd be wise to get him now with the way inflation is going, Ronaldo isn't getting younger and Bale isn't getting fitter.

He is bang on to be a worldie winger, his talent is amazing.
If he could stay another year at Dortmund would be great,although I don't think that his value will increase much more.
All the summer behind Mbappé and now suddenly Dembelé.
Anyway as Giorno said Barsa have fresh money and the wages will be too high.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He is allegedly of the moody type, so it's not really surprising. But he is a good kid too apparently.
His mother is supposedly having a good influence on him, looking out for his future rather than the next paycheck, unlike some other footballer parents who are involved in their kid's management.
I'm not sure this behaviour is helping his cause though, Dortmund can't just reward this by accepting an offer they (publicly) deemed way too low. At some point (maybe were there already) they will prioritize to avoid setting a bad (for them) precedent for players who want to leave, especially since this is a scenario they encounter somewhat frequently.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
His mother is supposedly having a good influence on him, looking out for his future rather than the next paycheck, unlike some footballer parents who are involved in their kid's management.
I'm not sure this behaviour is helping his cause though, Dortmund can't just reward this by accepting an offer they deem way too low. At some point (maybe were there already) they will prioritize to avoid setting a bad (for them) precedent for players who want to leave, especially since this is a scenario they encounter somewhat frequently.
I think they tried that with Lewandowski.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His mother is supposedly having a good influence on him, looking out for his future rather than the next paycheck, unlike some other footballer parents who are involved in their kid's management.
I'm not sure this behaviour is helping his cause though, Dortmund can't just reward this by accepting an offer they (publicly) deemed way too low. At some point (maybe were there already) they will prioritize to avoid setting a bad (for them) precedent for players who want to leave, especially since this is a scenario they encounter somewhat frequently.
You are right, if the offer isn't good enough for Dortmund they shouldn't take it. He'll sulk a bit and hopefully move on.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Kicker are reporting that Dembele is actually still on strike, refusing communication with Dormtund employees. Meanwhile Barca haven't submitted a new offer.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...artikel_keine-kompromisse-bei-dembelc3a9.html
Dortmund just should stay put. Either Barca pay 150m or he stays. Let him strike as much as he wants, punish him for that, and show him his contract. 4 more years. As soon as the window closes, he will play as good as he can. He won't risk to ruin his career and not to play next years world cup for not beeing able to move after just 1 year.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think they tried that with Lewandowski.
Lewandowksi was an entirely different case. He lets his agent do some dirty work in the media, but ultimately he was and is a model professional. No strike, but instead respectful behaviour by the player (agent aside). Dortmund adjusted his salary a bit and he delivered full commitment on the pitch until the end of his contract.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Dortmund just should stay put. Either Barca pay 150m or he stays. Let him strike as much as he wants, punish him for that, and show him his contract. 4 more years. As soon as the window closes, he will play as good as he can. He won't risk to ruin his career and not to play next years world cup for not beeing able to move after just 1 year.
Slavery

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Think it was a tongue in cheek comment from that poster with a reference to Sepp Blatter's infamous "slavery" comment regarding Ronaldo.

meninred

Since everyone knows that Barca are bulged with 220 million cash in hand..every club is going to demand 2 or more of the regular price of the player.
dembele or coutinhio could probably cost around up to 150 mil euros where normally might have been around 70 or 80 mil.

Reactions: SteveJ
Status
Not open for further replies.