Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still one of my dream signings honestly. Worth a big contract so long as it's heavy on incentives, like being available for at least 75% of matches and such

When fit he's a playmaking monster.

Dempsey19

Still one of my dream signings honestly. Worth a big contract so long as it's heavy on incentives, like being available for at least 75% of matches and such

When fit he's a playmaking monster.
And if he avoids staying up all night playing playstation.

This guy has a terrible attitude. I get Martial vibes off him.

I'd stay well clear.

NewYorkRed

It’s the complete opposite to a no-brainer. You’re effectively gambling on every pattern in his career to date from lax approach to training and preparation to a record of serious injuries (including to his hamstrings) stopping the moment he signs the dotted line for United. In exchange for this record, you’ll be paying enormous wages and more than likely a hefty signing on bonus. Can’t believe people would actually support this move regardless of his talent.
Give him a 3 year contract. If it works, it will be a bargain. He showed signs last season that he can stay injury free. If it doesn’t, there will always be a market for someone as talented as him. Its a no-brainer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Its never free

I'd stay well clear.
The terrible attitude thing seems to be more a product of Barca propaganda than him actually having a terrible attitude.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

I'd stay well clear.
I'm pretty sure the Real fan already has a good idea of the type of player he is :lol:

Hence why he'd take him at his club despite playing for Barca

Rolaholic

Yeah but the you'd likely have to commit a big to the player anyway on top of the

The terrible attitude thing seems to be more a product of Barca propaganda than him actually having a terrible attitude.
Xavi hasn't said a bad word about his attitude, Koeman wanted to extend him, Setien literally said he teared up watching the intensity and capacity which which he works with in training and Tuchel always showers him with praise anytime he talks about him yet this narrative persists...

Reactions: Fortitude

marktan

I'd much rather sign a player that supposedly has a bad attitude but is incredibly talented rather than half the average players with okay attitudes we seem to sign these days. One you can fix, the other one.. not so much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Xavi hasn't said a bad word about his attitude, Koeman wanted to extend him, Setien literally said he teared up watching the intensity and capacity which which he works with in training and Tuchel always showers him with praise anytime he talks about him yet this narrative persists...
Barca media, likely via leaks from the club, have worked very hard at painting Dembele in a bad light. I have never suspected his actual managers to have a problem with him though.

Last edited:

Bojan Djordjic

I'd much rather sign a player that supposedly has a bad attitude but is incredibly talented rather than half the average players with okay attitudes we seem to sign these days. One you can fix, the other one.. not so much.
It’s that combination of traits that made Pogba such a big hit among the fan base. What could go wrong?

twitter thread suggester
I will never forgive him for that miss against Liverpool.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
5x is a bit of a stretch but he is a superior player, not denying that. We're not linked with him though, Chelsea are. Would leave a path to Ziyech, who Ten Hag knows well. Could be a canny signing.
I think Ziyech has been the biggest casualty of Tuchel's insistence on a back 3. He's been moved around a bit to fit him in, sometimes even at wing back but he's always been a square peg in a round hole in this system. He could shine bright for United in the right system.

Frank Grimes

I think Ziyech has been the biggest casualty of Tuchel's insistence on a back 3. He's been moved around a bit to fit him in, sometimes even at wing back but he's always been a square peg in a round hole in this system. He could shine bright for United in the right system.
Indeed, doubt it would happen but he has great talent.

NoPace

Yeah, I could see us scoring a fair amount of goals with Sancho and Ziyech either side of Cristiano and then Bruno or VDB as the 10 if we spent the rest of the money on defenders and midfielders who can pass. Good width with that group. Doubt Chelsea want to sell to us though, my guess is he'll end up in Serie A; Milan, Juve and Roma could all definitely use a left-footed right winger and play 4 at the back mainly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure how CHO, Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, Werner and the other forwards Chelsea have stockpiled feel about this.

It is very much a Chelsea signing - similar to Barkley, Niguez etc.
Obviously at least one of them will leave. Dembele would be a superb signing. Exactly what we're missing.

sleepehead

Not sure how CHO, Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, Werner and the other forwards Chelsea have stockpiled feel about this.

There were rumors that Ziyech and Pulisic we're looking to move

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Dembele with Tuchel is a really exciting prospect. Tuchel gave a lot of freedom to Dembele, he had license to go inside and use his on often overlooked ability to find passing lanes other can't see.
Only problem is that they would add another injury prone player to their roster. But if they can keep Reece-James and Dembele injury free, they are going to have one hell of a right side.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

I think at least 1 of those you named leaves. Probably Ziyech if I had to guess.

And unlike Saul and Barkley, Dembele is coming off some of the best form of his career. Not really a fair comparison.

Think all the top PL clubs will be looking at Dembele. No reputable outlets have actually reported about us, sadly. Hope it’s true.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Dembele with Tuchel is a really exciting prospect. Tuchel gave a lot of freedom to Dembele, he had license to go inside and use his on often overlooked ability to find passing lanes other can't see.
Only problem is that they would add another injury prone player to their roster. But if they can keep Reece-James and Dembele injury free, they are going to have one hell of a right side.
What excites me the most aside from his obvious explosive dribbling ability is his incredible two-footedness. Can cross, shoot, dribble, pass with either foot. Defenders can't really gamble and show him one asde, because hes super comfortable on either side. Apart from Hudson-Odoi and Kovacic, we don't really have anyone who can dribble well. He's also an assist machine, which more than makes up for his lack of goal scoring numbers.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
What excites me the most aside from his obvious explosive dribbling ability is his incredible two-footedness. Can cross, shoot, dribble, pass with either foot. Defenders can't really gamble and show him one asde, because hes super comfortable on either side. Apart from Hudson-Odoi and Kovacic, we don't really have anyone who can dribble well. He's also an assist machine, which more than makes up for his lack of goal scoring numbers.
His composure in front of goal was really good with Rennes, now it's laughably bad, I have no idea what happened to him, it's mind boggling to see such a gifted player miss open goals. I honestly can't remember a player at a top club so bad in scoring situations.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
This is probably his best season since leaving BVB but he still only started 15 league matches.

Not many players became more dedicated after securing the bag.

croadyman

Wish we had interest in him, IF only he was one of those targets Erik is trying to keep under wraps.

Blood Mage

Would take him on a free. No way anyone should be paying money for him though, massive risk.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's probably one of the four players we've passed up on, his motives for coming here would literally only be for money.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Dembele fits exactly into our needs (right-wing) and he's a free agent. Leaves funds for other priority signings.

A phenomenal player on his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.