Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This lad is probably going to end up leaving barca on a free or as good as at some point in the next few years. Mad. He was genuinely the best young attacker in Europe at one point.
If Tuchel stays I could imagine Dembele at Chelsea. Those two got along quite well, and Tuchel even said that Dembele is the most naturally gifted player he ever coached (that means ahead of Neymar, Mbappe etc, was in an Interview shortly before he won the CL)

Bojan Djordjic

If Tuchel stays I could imagine Dembele at Chelsea. Those two got along quite well, and Tuchel even said that Dembele is the most naturally gifted player he ever coached (that means ahead of Neymar, Mbappe etc, was in an Interview shortly before he won the CL)
Hope he can do a Robben and get over his early-career threatening injury woes and live up to his potential even if its away from the spotlight of a mega-club.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This lad is probably going to end up leaving barca on a free or as good as at some point in the next few years. Mad. He was genuinely the best young attacker in Europe at one point.
Apparently Barcelona are going to renew him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah well... is he going to accept it? I have no idea how his mind works, if it works at all...
Come on! :lol:

The issue is with his injuries, he is productive during the few minutes before something snaps.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Come on! :lol:

The issue is with his injuries, he is productive during the few minutes before something snaps.
I was referring to the huge amount of reports about his unprofessional behaviour in his free time, not what he does on the pitch , which might even be causibg some of his injury problems. Often sounds like he just wastes his talent and that what he really needs would be a babysitter.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was referring to the huge amount of reports about his unprofessional behaviour in his free time, not what he does on the pitch , which might even be causibg some of his injury problems. Often sounds like he just wastes his talent and that what he really needs would be a babysitter.
That's what I understood, the way you put it made me chuckle.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's refusing a paycut and wants a payrise. This should be interesting. Also where would he realisitcally go a free?
Well I don't know what his contract details are, but I think he was on relatively low wages when taking the ridiculous wages Barcelona's been handing out. Asking for a pay-rise is a bit ballsy from him but not surprised. I think there will always be a club out there looking to take him on and hope they can change his fortune because there's always that 'what if he can put it together' mindset for some. I think at this point it's become a bit hopeless but even recently I was still high on him figuring things out and becoming close to what he should be, after the Euro I'm now very low on that.

Such a shame, he was such a gifted player.

Bondi77

It didn't do Ravel any favours with Fergie no matter hw high he rated him.
If a player doesn't do it for the team a top team will not have him.

Hulksmash

Tuchel Said Neymar is more talented then demebele. Demebele is event talented technical wise.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Highly doubt he fits in 532 in chelsea now and also his injury record and work attitude don't do him any good to impress Marina Granovskaia. It seems like It is never up to the coach in chelsea what players they are going to bring in.

mu4c_20le

His time is past. He had the talent but not the mentality, and now I think he's wasted his body through negligence. He needed a very strong WC manager to nurture and guide him, someone like a Fergie, and to be surrounded by good influences to thrive.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Has there ever been any example of an injury prone player, actually becoming less injury prone the older they become..?
Diaby is the perfect example. He is extremely talented but destroyed by injury.

vodrake

Has there ever been any example of an injury prone player, actually becoming less injury prone the older they become..?
Van Persie was quite injury prone when he was younger, though maybe not to the extent on Dembele, and it was mainly in his late 20's when he started being able to stay fit for sustained periods of time

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
RvP became pretty injury free once he reached around 27/28

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Injuries aren't his problem. Last time I checked, there's no injury that hampers your finishing ability.

Redcy

Most of those players didn't have the same level of injury issues that Dembele has had tbf, even Robben played more games through his bad periods than Dembele. Still glad we didnt take a chance on him, would have been on big wages and cost us quite a lot of money.

Oranges038

Gerrard, he was pretty injury prone in his early days, back and groin problems, due in part to him still growing while playing in the PL.

mu4c_20le

Most of those players didn't have the same level of injury issues that Dembele has had tbf, even Robben played more games through his bad periods than Dembele. Still glad we didnt take a chance on him, would have been on big wages and cost us quite a lot of money.
I think he himself is a part of his own problems because he's unprofessional, he spent most of his downtime eating fast food and playing video games rather than training or rehab. At first I thought it was just a kid with a sweet tooth, but now it's clear he is mentally not up to the required standards for a top player.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Messi was considered injure prone, he missed 28 games due to muscular injuries on his first 3 seaons, and 18 more games due to a fracture which added to the "glass ace" narrative in that era. Then he spent 6 years almost injury free and got a bunch of other muscular injuries from 2014 to 2016, people talking about him being done for at the top level and reminding everyone how fragile he was earlier in his career resurfaced, he's barely missed games due to muscular problems for the past 7 years.

And then there's players like Canales, he's done his ACL 3 times on his career (2x right knee, 1x left knee) but since his last recovery in 2016 he has managed to play around 40 games per season.

Revan

Assumptionman
Messi was considered injure prone, he missed 28 games due to muscular injuries on his first 3 seaons, and 18 more games due to a fracture which added to the "glass ace" narrative in that era. Then he spent 6 years almost injury free and got a bunch of other muscular injuries from 2014 to 2016, people talking about him being done for at the top level and reminding everyone how fragile he was earlier in his career resurfaced, he's barely missed games due to muscular problems for the past 7 years.

And then there's players like Canales, he's done his ACL 3 times on his career (2x right knee, 1x left knee) but since his last recovery in 2016 he has managed to play around 40 games per season.
That’s all great, but how is Canales doing these days?

NB: only old timers will understand this.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So you think missing large chunks of time you could have spent on the training pitch improving it due to injury makes no difference?
Maybe, but it doesn't matter now. Last season when he did play, his finishing is what stopped him from being world class.

Is he going to improve it if he manages to stay fit from now on, aged 24? I would say very unlikely. Good finishers were usually good at it before that age. Ruud, Greenwood, etc. And it takes an attitude he may not have to improve.

If you're injury prone, you just have to be class whenever you are fit (*cough* Robben).

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Maybe, but it doesn't matter now. Last season when he did play, his finishing is what stopped him from being world class.

Is he going to improve it if he manages to stay fit from now on, aged 24? I would say very unlikely. Good finishers were usually good at it before that age. Ruud, Greenwood, etc. And it takes an attitude he may not have to improve.

If you're injury prone, you just have to be class whenever you are fit (*cough* Robben).
its simple. You can improve of you are fit. Shaw is bonafide proof

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Basically, he is the reincarnation of Diaby who played for Arsenal. His body can't sustain the demands of high level pro football.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Basically, he is the reincarnation of Diaby who played for Arsenal. His body can't sustain the demands of high level pro football.
It hurts my soul each time Diaby is mentionned, he was really a special talent and we never got to see it. At least we got to see Dembele play quite a bit before he started getting constantly injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.