Owen Hargreaves - the commentator

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Hargreaves as a commentator was shit, so was the fecking BT mini cam in the bottom left. feck you BT.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just watching this now. I didn't know who he was until half time. I thought it was Dwight Yorke.

My favourite bit so far is his rant about how players who spend the whole season injured shouldn't miss out on winners medals.

To be fair he's not really come across as dislikable. He just has a weird voice and I'm fairly sure will suffocate in a minute seeing as he hasn't paused for breath since kick off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yeah I don't like their mini cam either. I also don't like the score and time on the bottom rather than top corner.

Sky tried that for a while too but soon saw the error of their ways.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
But then again the mini cam is probably their answer to the "show the bloody game thread"

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He also looks like Jon Snow.
Thought they fecking killed him at red wedding. Now we've got to put up with him for longer.
He looks more like Robb Stark, who is of course Jon Snow's brother, which means the GOT casting people are better at their job than Owen Hargreaves is a playing 90 minutes a season, which isn't very difficult admittedly.
Game Of Thrones fans. Stop bringing your gay fantasy dragon shit into every thread. But far more importantly, stop ruining the accepted public perception of Jon Snow.

THIS is Jon Snow.

And this will always be Jon Snow.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wouldn't worry too much about him being crap, it really is only a matter of time until he injures his vocal chords somehow. You know it's coming.

psychdelicblues

I thought he was Dwight Yorke for 30 minutes.

Just watching this now. I didn't know who he was until half time. I thought it was Dwight Yorke.

My favourite bit so far is his rant about how players who spend the whole season injured shouldn't miss out on winners medals.

To be fair he's not really come across as dislikable. He just has a weird voice and I'm fairly sure will suffocate in a minute seeing as he hasn't paused for breath since kick off.
So did I. It was only when the cameras panned to the commentary box at HT I realised it was Hargreaves. He had a mini rant about Brazilian players tendency to not having their family surnames on their shirt, but I thought he was actually quite good.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He was fine, there've been many worse pundits (french and arabs included). He did a good job of hiding his hatred for the club

That's what I was thinking. If that's the worst commentator there is in the UK, you guys are bloody lucky. Try a game with Arsene Wenger assisted by Bixente Lizarazu and the world's undeniably worst commentator Christian Jeanpierre. Now that's an ordeal.

I agree his voice is too monotonous for commentary though, he's not suited to it. As for the Jones thing, the other guy just went on for a while talking about him, Hargreaves had obviously just missed the beginning and asked who he was talking about. No biggie.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's what I was thinking. If that's the worst commentator there is in the UK, you guys are bloody lucky. Try a game with Arsene Wenger assisted by Bixente Lizarazu and the world's undeniably worst commentator Christian Jeanpierre. Now that's an ordeal.

I agree his voice is too monotonous for commentary though, he's not suited to it. As for the Jones thing, the other guy just went on for a while talking about him, Hargreaves had obviously just missed the beginning and asked who he was talking about. No biggie.
CJP .. despite his real enthusiasm for the game is just terrible, really bad commentator.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I didn't think Hargreaves was that bad. He did say some tit-worthy crap some of time - but he did speak common sense other times. Didn't really make any "mmm good point Hargo" comments - but he just sounded like an average fan* watching football.

*Of course, I don't mean Hargo being a fan of United. I mean he just talked as if a fan would - no big insight into the game, just spoke generally.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
They made a big deal out of Buttner(well more so Ian Darke really) not getting a Premier League winners medal for last season, because he only made 5 appearances. But of course that rule was changed, and he was clearly presented with one after the Swansea game.

jim

In most joy
I was just hoping that Darke would ask Hargreaves why he was so keen that players who played virtually no part in the campaign should receive medals.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He's a pundit today, certainly not as insightful as Carragher and Neville from what I've seen. Has Hargreaves given up on playing now?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's a pundit today, certainly not as insightful as Carragher and Neville from what I've seen. Has Hargreaves given up on playing now?
Yeah he's retired a while back iirc. Sometime lat season I think, after city released him. Thought I read WBA giving him a trial but not sure what happened there. Or I might be wrong.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Eat your heart out Lamela

Man Utd vs Wolfsburg

binary bot
Owen "look how smart i am, look how much i know about German football, in behind" Hargreaves being insufferable tonight

El Zoido

For some reason he has to mention Martial's age every time he talks about him.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Negative anti united unless it's about a player he played with and has a voice that makes me want to destroy him. Just awful

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I dare anyone to make a drinking game out of "squeeze up" and "champions league".

You'll die.

cyberman

We've got to run in behind for every.single.pass. yet in the same sentance he's claiming we're too open for the counter attack.
As he said 100x they're quick on the counter attack.
We dominated for 15 minutes between Rooneys miss and the pen yet for those entire fifteen minutes he claims it's Wolfsberg that are passing the ball very well and are realllllly dangerous.
We're watching different games here

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He's not been anti-United in the slightest so far.

His voice is weird though. He's not very good at speaking, doing a job where he is paid to speak.
He is though, everything is awful according to him, whiny gimp with his mongrel accent

Kag

His mini rant about squeezing up at the throw in is easily some of the worst commentary I've ever heard in my life.

He's a knob.