Owen Hargreaves - The Pundit

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The icing on the cake was when he incessantly praised Neuer for not saving Arsenals 2nd goal, he's hilariously biased toward German teams/players.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He had an enormous hard on for Douglas Costa the whole game. Dunno how many times he chose to remind us that he's fast and has been great in the Bundesliga this season. Think i heard him say he was 19/20 though which was badly wrong (he's 25).

Devil may care

The BT Sport in-between commentators are so bad that Michael Owen is their best by default.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hes not at the level of Andy Townsend yet but he's well on his way.

I really hope he isn't commentating on our game tomorrow

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He had an enormous hard on for Douglas Costa the whole game. Dunno how many times he chose to remind us that he's fast and has been great in the Bundesliga this season. Think i heard him say he was 19/20 though which was badly wrong (he's 25).
I heard that and i thought that's bullshit :lol: Guy has been around for years. Hargreaves is a massive bellend pure and simple. Was laughing when he was saying "thats the best save I've ever seen - how has he got there!". What is he thinking!

vodrake

The amount of money BT Sport have spent on getting all these matches and the best Colour Commentators they could put out tonight were this feckwit and Robbie Savage....

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was talking about Bellerin tbf

Ibi Dreams

I liked it when he said Bayern's scouting network deserve a lot of credit for bringing in Thiago. As in, Thiago the massively rated Barcelona wonderkid who everyone had already known about for literally years

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I liked it when he said Bayern's scouting network deserve a lot of credit for bringing in Thiago. As in, Thiago the massively rated Barcelona wonderkid who everyone had already known about for literally years
He knows feck all about football.

GloryHunter07

Not to mention Tiago who played for Bayern's manager at his previous club! Great scouting that!

Adisa

Think he said Costa was 19 but I thought I must have heard wrong.

cyberman

The upside is maybe he doesn't get our game tonight.
Tell me this is true..I don't wanna hear why we need to play more balls over the top and how we need to move the ball faster x73 times in the first half

Hammerfell

He really isn't that bad.
He's the best pundit/commentator I've ever heard. He, along with BT Sport, are really cementing themselves as the new best football network. They've got the best build up, best entertainment shows, best channel numbers...

The best.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't stand him, ruins games for me. He makes Michael Owen look good, says it all.

Minimalist

It's almost as if thick footballers aren't that entertaining to listen to...

Baffles me why their verbal and analytical skills would be below-par given their careers kicking a ball around a pitch.

But yeah, Hargreaves is up there with the worst.

Seveneric

He's bad, but the fact that the people saying he's bad cannot even get right some things they're accusing him of getting wrong(he didn't say Costa was still young) is ironically hilarious in itself.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's terrible, and his quite obvious bias against all things Utd is pretty ridiculous at times.

SirAF

Ageist
Oh joy....is it possible to watch a whole match on mute? He's just downright boring to listen to but he's much better than Hargreaves
Actually about this, with the technology today how is it possible that we still cannot just push a button and then just get the sound from the stadium with no commentary??

arthurka

Hes not at the level of Andy Townsend yet but he's well on his way.

I really hope he isn't commentating on our game tomorrow
Dear god no....
What´s wrong with these idiots hiring those planks? The dynamic duo of Owen and Owen is by far the worst piece of commentating we will ever hear in our life span.. Thank god for TV makers still having mute on the remotes..

djembatheking

I hope he`s not on tonight , got to talk the most shite of all and he is really anti United . Never thought I would be praying for Michael Owen ffs .

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Can't stand him, ruins games for me. He makes Michael Owen look good, says it all.
This really, i'd prefer to listen to Owen than Hargreaves.

He almost creamed himself when Ox came on the pitch last night, "I love watching him play, I don't know how he doesn't get in the Arsenal team, stunning player"

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Actually about this, with the technology today how is it possible that we still cannot just push a button and then just get the sound from the stadium with no commentary??
German sky does offer that. Don't know anywhere else.

Adisa

He has serious hatred for Man Utd. Can't understand how an ex player can hate us that much.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He has serious hatred for Man Utd. Can't understand how an ex player can hate us that much.
I don't understand it either, he's intensely bitter, for no reason at all.
We stuck by him and paid all medical bills for much longer than most clubs would and he even won a CL medal ffs!

It'd be fun to see how him and Rio interact considering how much Rio loves us.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Agreed @Sigma - he's not that bad.

I like him as a bloke. He's a fairly weak commentator in truth but nothing to cause much hate beyond the acceptance of his clear limitations. His biggest flaw for me is a convulsion every 10 mins or so to say something controversial or critical for the sake of it. It's almost a deliberate twitch to create a niche for himself and 9/10 it hasn't been thought out as well as it should be and makes him look daft.

He's not in Beglin's level of incompetence just yet.

devil in me

I'm not usually one for getting into theories about how commentators/pundits are biased against United. We hear it all the time and its rarely true, and I genuinely believe that the very large majority are pretty neutral, but with Hargreaves, his bias against us is so blatant its cringeworthy. Away from that, he's a dreadful commentator/pundit.

acnumber9

They're giving Alonso too much space.

He said that over and over and over and over...
He also continually criticised the way Arsenal were set up despite the fact they approached the match just about perfectly. Alonso was doing nothing with all his space and Arsenal were always dangerous on the break. The worst of a poor nights commentary was when it took them at least a minute to realise Arsenal had scored their second goal.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I think some people have bias towards not liking Hargreaves on here.
Not surprising really considering his attitude towards Utd.

I liked him as a player and thought we could've really done with him during his spell out, but he has shown himself to be a bit of a massive tit in recent years.