Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

He is such a weird player. At centre back he looks like a very good passer and technically sound, but at right back he looks lost. When he carries the ball into attack from the centre back position he also looks quite fast, but playing at right back, he looks awfully slow. Decent option at CB, but please just play fullbacks at the fullback position. Varela was better defensively and offered at least something in attack.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Said this for ages. There's lots of good things about him such as his passing and composure but he's just not a defender.

Bojan11

I did say his defending is championship level.

People were comparing him to Stones. But no surprise as people here tend to overrate our young players.

khoazany

I did say his defending is championship level.

People were comparing him to Stones. But no surprise as people here tend to overrate our young players.
Stones is obviously better but the current Stones isn't the best defensively as well.

m1y2

maybe as a defensive midfielder he wouldnt need to be as fast but as a defender hes found out too often, hes also not strong enough to deal with some defenders, not focused either, needs to keep fecking concentration, he`s too sloppy and again surprised with the tempo of the game, I`d personally loaned him in Jan if our CBs are ready, he needs to play and iron all those mistakes, hes now more error prone than Jonny Evans, I wouldnt mind if we gave chance to Tuanzebe/CBJ as CBs when we hit injury crysis..

Skills

Snitch
The defenders we're producing seem to be getting worse and worse at actually defending.

From the likes of Brown and O'Shea, to Evans and now McNair and Blackett.

Bojan11

Stones is obviously better but the current Stones isn't the best defensively as well.
But he is miles ahead of McNair.

McNair shits himself in every away game. Not a great mentality to have.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Compared to him OShit looks like Baresi in his prime and on steriods

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Today he's been the worst player on the pitch together with the ref. Can't understand why we just don't BUY a really good defender. I mean, we could even move in for a guy like freaking MEXES just to be sure we at least have a chance of becoming champions. Why go on with this ridiculous shit.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Absolute shocking. Just because he's young it doesn't mean he will become a good player. Championship level if not league 1 at best. Blackett wasn't any worse and he can't even get a game at Celtic because he's not good enough.

khoazany

Absolute shocking. Just because he's young it doesn't mean he will become a good player. Championship level if not league 1 at best. Blackett wasn't any worse and he can't even get a game at Celtic because he's not good enough.
Blackett is a much worse player.That's not even debatable.

Very poor performance.Not helped much by Blind and Varela who were also poor defensively.

Zoo

It's his second season and he should be showing signs of improvement. He may be very comfortable on the ball but defensively he still doesn't convince.

khoazany

He looks like he could do with a loan.Playing every week to iron his defensive awareness which has improved but still left a lot to desire.Just doesn't have the natural reaction and aggressiveness a defender should have at the level required.

JON.B

Sloop
Hailed as the next best thing last season and after an injury prone second season is now considered shite!, yeah, our fans really are a supportive bunch, its great to see players being written off so early into their careers.:(

C'est Moi Cantona

Think we've seen enough to know he isn't United quality, willing to give the two kids at left and right back more time, but Paddy isn't up to it for me.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's not his fault he's being played in the first team when he's nowhere near ready for it.

Bojan11

Hailed as the next best thing last season and after an injury prone second season is now considered shite!, yeah, our fans really are a supportive bunch, its great to see players being written off so early into their careers.:(
Even last season away at Southampton, Swansea and Everton he looked like shit. He shits himself in away games, when we have defending to do.

The only positive is that he's a good passer. But he can't defend. I rather have Carrick as a CB.

He also gets nutmegged far too much for a defender. If this is the future, I fear for the future. Brown and O'Shea were 1000 times better than McNair.

ZDwyr

I know he's young and it is harsh to completely condemn him to mediocrity, but I just don't see it. He might grow into a decent player at an average level but I just don't think he will be good enough for us. No stand out attributes IMO.

Sylar

I agree with this. Hes only 20 and is playing with next to a non defender, and 2 more inexperienced youngsters. If he was playing next to somebody like Rio and Evra in their prime and not learning than fine, but I think the reactions to our youngsters is a bit OTT.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I agree with this. Hes only 20 and is playing with next to a non defender, and 2 more inexperienced youngsters. If he was playing next to somebody like Rio and Evra in their prime and not learning than fine, but I think the reactions to our youngsters is a bit OTT.
I just asked in the Blind thread as well but how is Blind not a defender?

Sylar

I just asked in the Blind thread as well but how is Blind not a defender?
Hes a convert. It would be like saying Young is a RB. Blind has done well (but I believe thats because of Smalling mostly), whilst Blind looks exposed when hes not there (and at times even when he is there)

He's young but he needs to get out of the starting line up and back to getting experience with the reserves asap. His defending at times today was the sort of thing you'd see at an amateur level.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hes a convert. It would be like saying Young is a RB. Blind has done well (but I believe thats because of Smalling mostly), whilst Blind looks exposed when hes not there (and at times even when he is there)
A convert from when? He has played the majority of his career at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.