Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

After getting a lot of shit on here recently I thought he did a solid job today, loved his hoof clearance late on, sometimes the simple ways are the best.
I think the opposite, thought he was shaky as he has been all season. Got away with a howler when Swansea got the shot away late on. Definetly not a long term defender at United IMO.

Sylar

Hard to judge him when hes played LB at times, CB at times, RB at times, and its minutes here and there. I think his best position will be CB but maybe he could be a OShea type player for us (which sometimes the team needs even if its not great for the player at all).

Depends what he wants as well.

Acole9

Outstanding
He looked shaky again yesterday, I think he could do with a loan move where he's guaranteed to play every week so the club can judge him better.

Classical Mechanic

Someone said in the match day thread that he would go on a marauding run and you start to think he is player until he makes a terrible defensive mistake. And so it proved to be true.

kundalini

Marking players doesn't seem to be his strong point. Was at fault for Southampton's late goal earlier in the season too.

Skills

Snitch
He can't defend. It's just so brutally obvious, and at this age you can't teach such a fundamental skill enough to bring it up from absolute nothing to being good enough for a title contender.

Martinez would take him at Everton though.

Costs us a goal almost every time he plays it seems. Have to think he will be sold soon.

ZDwyr

Surprised he wasn't our lowest rated player. His mistake essentially cost us the game.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I think LVG should be playing FB and stop hooking him after every bad display. It's doing him more harm than good the way he is being managed. He is developing that Jones habit of trying to do more instead of just concentrate on getting the job done first, this leads to a lot of silly mistakes.

Bojan11

I think LVG should be playing FB and stop hooking him after every bad display. It's doing him more harm than good the way he is being managed. He is developing that Jones habit of trying to do more instead of just concentrate on getting the job done first, this leads to a lot of silly mistakes.
He's far too slow to play fullback.

He shouldn't be in the squad let alone playing out of position. He just can't defend.

Redo91

What's his purpose in the team exactly? One of those young players like Chris Eagles a few years back who randomly gets a run in the team even though it is blatantly obvious he isn't good enough for us.

bri2013

I don't really understand the attitude of some of the posters on here towards Mcnair. Here we have a young player, thrown in to a side bereft of confidence, to cover a rather large injury list.

I remember some of the praise he was getting on the forum for some of his early games.

As things stand defensively (the way LVG sets us up!) we have

Shaw-injured
Rojo-injured
Jones-injured
Young injured
Valencia-injured
M.Keane-sold
Thorpe-sold
Darmain-injured

So, Mcnair represents what little depth we have left in a threadbare squad because that's the way LVG operates.

We have a forward line, and a midfield that cost a tonne of money, that can't create a chance between them, and yet posters turn on a young inexperienced defender who cost us nothing?

Give the guy a break, there are bigger problems than him at the moment

RedPhil1957

I don't really understand the attitude of some of the posters on here towards Mcnair. Here we have a young player, thrown in to a side bereft of confidence, to cover a rather large injury list.

I remember some of the praise he was getting on the forum for some of his early games.

Shaw-injured
Rojo-injured
Jones-injured
Young injured
Valencia-injured
M.Keane-sold
Thorpe-sold
Darmain-injured

So, Mcnair represents what little depth we have left in a threadbare squad because that's the way LVG operates.

We have a forward line, and a midfield that cost a tonne of money, that can't create a chance between them, and yet posters turn on a young inexperienced defender who cost us nothing?

typical of this place - the team is pretty crap but the standard of poster might well be worse.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He's far too slow to play fullback.

He shouldn't be in the squad let alone playing out of position. He just can't defend.
Haha.. Nah.. Playing him at fullback is the best way to blood in young defenders and helps to teach them about defensive structures.
In contrast to CBJ he tries too hard to impress lately instead of just concentrating on doing the job at hand.
Majority of the cafe want Blind at fullback, huh my nan can beat him for pace.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's a box to box midfielder and not a defender. The sad thing is that he has loads of talent if utilized properly. None of that excuses losing your marker like he did today though.

bri2013

I think so.

Typical of this place means its typical of everyone to shit all over young players like you are saying. Then the standard of posters is just shit posts bitching about everything.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong though.

Shaw-injured
Rojo-injured
Jones-injured
Young injured
Valencia-injured
M.Keane-sold
Thorpe-sold
Darmain-injured

typical of this place - the team is pretty crap but the standard of poster might well be worse.
I picked up on the bolded bit, and as that was all he said, I read it as him having a pop at me!

Skills

Snitch

Shaw-injured
Rojo-injured
Jones-injured
Young injured
Valencia-injured
M.Keane-sold
Thorpe-sold
Darmain-injured

whatever! Tell me @RedPhil1957 what exactly are you trying to say in your reply to my post?
Yourself included
:lol:

criticalanalysis

Someone said in the match day thread that he would go on a marauding run and you start to think he is player until he makes a terrible defensive mistake. And so it proved to be true.
Lololol....and sigh.

That was me. As soon as I saw his name I knew something like that would happen and posted it before he even got on the pitch.

Until he gets a run in the middle of the park in a functioning team, I won't criticise him too much but it's depressing seeing the same inevitable the mistakes happen.

edit: here it is

Mcnair. I'm expecting one or two marauding runs with the ball from deep that doesn't go anywhere where you think 'this boy has some talent' only to show that he's not a defender by fecking up somehow in defence.
:(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I thought he was going to become the next OShit but the boy show much more promise. Its still early days of course but I think that this guy could well become the next Prunier

Acole9

Outstanding
I feel sorry for the lad because he has been thrown in at the deep end at times but in truth he is utter garbage. I can't see him being at the club beyond the summer.

Classical Mechanic

Lololol....and sigh.

That was me. As soon as I saw his name I knew something like that would happen and posted it before he even got on the pitch.

Until he gets a run in the middle of the park in a functioning team, I won't criticise him too much but it's depressing seeing the same inevitable the mistakes happen.

edit: here it is

:(
Thing is though, if he starts in the middle or not, his duty on corners remains essentially the same, don't leave your man.

Midtjylland 2:1 Man Utd

Devil may care

I was hoping to see some views on him tonight, I genuinely can barely remember him doing anything right or wrong, I was distracted by the river of shit flowing through midfield..

Classical Mechanic

I was hoping to see some views on him tonight, I genuinely can barely remember him doing anything right or wrong, I was distracted by the river of shit flowing through midfield..
He was poor if you ask me. What happened when they got that insane break from one of our corners? Blind took the corner? Smalling would have been in the box looking to get a header at goal so where were Mcnair and Love?

Devil may care

He was poor if you ask me. What happened when they got that insane break from one of our corners? Blind took the corner? Smalling would have been in the box looking to get a header at goal so where were Mcnair and Love?
That was bad but I have to wonder where our leaders on the pitch are to organize these young lads in those situations.

Bwuk

He's absolutely dire.

Use the excuses of injuries etc all you want, but I'd far rather of seen Carrick at CB, or Blind at CB and Lingard at fullback than play McNair.

League one level at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.