Park Ji Sung

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
He's meant for big games, I mean... The thing is, he has this extrodinary sense in him that once he loses the ball, he shifts from attack to defense almost immediately. And this is not just normal defense, he sprints back and stops the whole play forcing Chelsea to slow down nearly everytime. Lost countless of times he helped wipe Sheasy's ass and covered that Right flank.

He was so composed with the finish too just when things were looking to go bad, Park saves the day.

Shimo

A mid-level/relegation level player that us just lucky. Remember the goal he accidentally scored against Arsenal on their patch in the semi's? Today the ball just hit him on the chest and as he fell his foot happened to send the ball into the net.

I love this mid-table player - we need to get him a new contract ASAP.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think it's just amazing how quickly he has reasserted himself into the heartbeat of our team so quickly after a lengthy absence from the squad. It's literally been a week since his come back game, yet there he was putting in a match winning full 90 minutes and scoring the winner to boot.

He is certainly not the 'unsung hero' of yesteryear anymore. When fit he is an integral part of our first team plans and it's his versatility, workdays and willingness to put the team before himself that makes him so valuable.

With him, Nani and Valencia along with youngsters like Obertan, Cleverly and Bebe waiting to break through, SAF has more than covered the loss of the Winker. In fact, we are far stronger as a team as the goals now come from every where. Whenever you see Park on the team sheet, you know he will give you a more than satisfactory performance, he is just so consistent. And once in a while, he produces a match winning world class performance like tonight.

How much did he cost? Less than £4million if memory serves me correct. It's a steal of a signing, just like Irwin, Cantona, Sharpe and most recently Hernandez were. Great to have him back and along with Valencia, Rio and the resurgent Rooney, our chances of unimagined glory this season have significantly increased with him available for selection.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If we make the CL final, I think Park should be given the man marking job on Messi or Ronaldo. let's see what they can do with our boy on their tales all night.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
In a few years down the road after he retires, would Park still be remembered fondly by the fans?

I'm Asian, so I can't trust myself to be non-biased.

Shimo

In a few years down the road after he retires, would Park still be remembered fondly by the fans?

I'm Asian, so I can't trust myself to be non-biased.
Unless he pulls something really silly like angle for a move to City or Pool, he will. Think about Forlan and how he is still sung about - Park has scored in so many big games, was immense in our 2008 Semis against Barca that if his isn't fondly remembered by most - I'll switch to being a Women's footie fan.

talking robot

If we make the CL final, I think Park should be given the man marking job on Messi or Ronaldo. let's see what they can do with our boy on their tales all night.
I totally agree with this. Put Park on whatever side of the field their danger man appears on, and they won't see much of the ball. Park might even score the winner!

Aint gota Kalou

He's great in these sorts of matches. He's such a tactical weapon to have, we don't really have to pack our midfield with an extra player when he's playing as he tucks in and pretty much covers two positions at once. I think we'll play 4-4-2 with him on the wing a lot in the big games.

Red_Aaron

how about a word for the quality of the finish by the way?

£50m worth of spanish ****** fluffed much simpler chances over the 2 legs but parkie killed a high ball dead on his chest and smashed it left footed from the angle, his only real chance in a game of such high pressure too.

great technique, magnificent finish, top player

TheReligion

Abusive
I am starting to think that our midfield is so much better if we shoehorn this guy in, whether it be out wide, or in the middle. He just has so much energy and hustle and bustle.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
MOTM all day long for me, set the tone for us.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Korean Keano.

What a performance that was. His best in a Utd shirt.