Park Ji Sung

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Park is a more than useful squad player. He may not be good enough to start on a regualr basis but he never sulks when he is left, similar to the likes of Fletcher and O Shea in the past. But then you'll always get someone moaning about him being useless, certain people arevery difficult to please, I remember somebody posting here recently that United played tumescent football the last two seasons.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Good to hear, the korean just goes about his business and puts in start after start for us. There is a reason hes on united, just some people cant figure out why. Probably the same people calling fergie clueless, giggs and scholes over the hill and want Villa, Aguero, Ribery, Silva and thier mother brought into the squad.

INF-AMOS

Probably the same people calling fergie clueless, giggs and scholes over the hill and want Villa, Aguero, Ribery, Silva and there mother brought into the squad.
Nooo, i would never want any of them to pull on a United shirt over Park, epecially Ribery.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Nice to see us tie him down on a new contract but having said that SAF has to use him wisely.. He is rubbish when he is not used well.. He should have been the one removed on 45 mins in the CL Final against Barcelona.. But anyway IMO Park should never be a regular starter at this club.. Having said that.. I am certain he is very pivotal to our success and should play a decent role in our season(s) to come..
Can't blame Park too much for the CL final. We fielded a three man MF that just was over powered by the likes of Xavi, Yaya and Iniesta. Me might have seen a new game throwing either Fletcher or Hargreaves in. We didn't gamble enough. SAF was too afraid of Barca's attack and we lost it after the first goal though we have to say the first 10 minutes we were absolutely dominating but we never found our attacking rhythm and with our formation it just didn't click.

Barca played their comfortable formation and just won because every player was used to their system thus they had more teamwork and understood their jobs better. I can remember Giggs and Anderson looking clueless and Carrick was just out of the game.

Again, Park has done enough for me to start at this club. He certainly has shown that he is a quality player that can really shine at big games. He might not be worth playing against smaller sides where we need to break the defense but he certainly does a great job against big sides. Viva Three Lung Park Ji Sung ! The best Asian player in the world !

Q80

Again, Park has done enough for me to start at this club. He certainly has shown that he is a quality player that can really shine at big games. He might not be worth playing against smaller sides where we need to break the defense but he certainly does a great job against big sides. Viva Three Lung Park Ji Sung ! The best Asian player in the world !

Im the best Asian player in the world. :nono:

Chris H

Video Posting God
Some quotes...

Park delighted to sign new deal at Manchester United

Park: "I am so pleased to have this new contract. I'm really enjoying my time here and I appreciate all that Sir Alex and the staff have done for me, but I have to mention the fans too, as they are incredible. We have achieved great success over the last four years and won many trophies. It is a great experience for me to play at this magnificent football club along with other world famous players."

Sir Alex: "We are always pleased to secure the future of our star players and Ji-Sung has proved himself to be a fantastic professional and an important, versatile player in our squad. Therefore, we're delighted he's signed a new contract."

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
No point in starting a new thread called "Park today" because this thread exists.

Was just going to say that I thought he did better than many on here are giving credit for.

I really hope I'm not the only one here that thinks that.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
No point in starting a new thread called "Park today" because this thread exists.

Was just going to say that I thought he did better than many on here are giving credit for.

I really hope I'm not the only one here that thinks that.
Only listened on the radio but a telling inclusion I feel.

Brophs

The One and Only
I thought he worked hard, got into some great positions, but lacked the quality to do a whole lot when he got there.

Standard Park performance, IMO.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I thought he was poor today, both defensively and offensively. I hope he finds his best form soon and shows his real qualities.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Hasn't looked his best yet this season. He'll find his form before long.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Where the heck is he? Is his knee giving him problems again? Or is he in the doghouse after doing something to piss the gaffer off? I admit i'm not his biggest fan as i think he's very limited going forward, but i thought he woudl have been useful today on the left, Giggs on bench as an impact player. Workrate counts for a lot in these matches. Park is useful in scrappy affairs if not just for his pressure and closing down.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Nice haircut, nice goal against Japan today

hungrywing

I agree 100% re: the haircut.

But if he tried that run in the PL he'd have been bumped off the ball at about 0:06.

Or the keeper, who would have been taller than 5' 8", would have tipped the ball beyond the post.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I agree 100% re: the haircut.

But if he tried that run in the PL he'd have been bumped off the ball at about 0:06.

Or the keeper, who would have been taller than 5' 8", would have tipped the ball beyond the post.
I think the ball bounces over the keepers hand, rather than the keeper not reaching it.

Park is deceptively strong and can certainly hold his own physically in any league.

I join you in agreement about his haircut.

Eriku

Can't sneak anything past you, Laph :\

Anyhoo, the foundation of this thread has certainly been debunked... Park's been a really clever buy for us, and certainly isn't lacking going forward :)

Hope he does well for South Korea in the WC.

hungrywing

Seems to be a growing consensus regarding his haircut.

I dare say it somehow makes him look less the part of a random signing made for marketing purposes and at the same time infinitely more marketable.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
In the States a baseball player may forego his compulsory military service that begins towards the eend of the year and become a refugee. Park hasnt served yet, to my knowledge, has he received a waiver on his service? I would assume so considering how famous he is.

davisjw

In the States a baseball player may forego his compulsory military service that begins towards the eend of the year and become a refugee. Park hasnt served yet, to my knowledge, has he received a waiver on his service? I would assume so considering how famous he is.
Might want to add that was 40 years ago.. Don't think they still do that there :D

Park = Sex machine.

hungrywing

I think all the players from the 2002 WC team did. I Remember reading something like that.

Might want to add that was 40 years ago.. Don't think they still do that there :D

Park = Sex machine.
When I read the bolded part I pictured holdsteady in a sepia-toned faded photograph proudly holding a pickaxe and a miner's helmet with a wagon train running merrily along in the background.

Treble

He's bound to start in the final if we beat Schalke/Inter.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My MOTM.It's like he added a couple more lungs, he just wouldn't stop pressurizing the Chelsea players.Made life very difficult for them, he was very clever with his distribution and scored a very good goal.
Maybe his best performance for Manchester

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Unbelievable performance, well not unbelieveable, its expected.. Mr Reliable in big games, today his close control in tight areas was exceptional and he was more effective going past players than Nani.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's made for these sorts of games. Very clever footballer.