g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Patrice Evra Hates Thursdays | West Ham on a free?

AndyJ1985

If ever anyone needed proof football fans are hypocrites, this thread is it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
From a possible racism angle the bloke he's kicked isn't exactly as white as a snowflake on a photo I've seen. Could be Arab I suppose, it's hard to tell what with his face being obscured by Evra's boot. You can only really see his hands.

Edit: Oops, hadn't realised the same pic was at the bottom of page 1!

kr0nix

If he was racially abused. Great job

If he was just insulted then that's poor form from. His experienced enough to hand it.
You serious? If someone were to racially abuse you on the street, you reckon it'd be okay to kick them in the head?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You serious? If someone were to racially abuse you on the street, you reckon it'd be okay to kick them in the head?
Hell yeah man
I’d probably do it if they said hello. I’m off the chain

diarm

I once saw a young middle eastern lad getting dogs abuse off two lads in the street. They were calling him Osama bin Laden and asking him was his wife a goat etc. He turned around and knocked one of them out and I thought "good on you mate"!

I know we're all supposed to be better than condoning violence. But sometimes I just can't make myself condemn it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Well, that fan got the reaction Suarez was looking for. It can't be condoned and it's doubtful he'll play again, but at least he waited until this late in his career to have a moment of madness.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I seriously doubt Evra did this without incredibly high provocation.

If it's racism then the punishment for Evra should be minimal - for too long black players have been putting up with this disgraceful, cowardly garbage with clubs getting pointless fines etc.
Fair enough. Evra has a few high profile racism incidents

lewwoo

Have any reports mentioned racism or is everyone just jumping to conclusions. Maybe he insulted his mother.

RonW

Patrice, love you to the core but you shouldn't have done that, my man. I do not know what the fan told you but even if it was racism, you can't kick someone who is a fan in the stadium like that. Now you are going to be banned from Football for like months like Cantona was, which is sad. But I hope you can become our Club Ambassador because we fans love you.

Cloud7

I would say that is a suitable response to racist abuse, yes.

Deleted member 101472

Absolutely nothing to suggest it’s racially motivated

Bojan11

Erm if someone is being racist then yeah. What's your issue? :confused:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Can't condone it and I think he should be more composed with his age and experiences but let's be fair, very few of us are rational in the heat of the moment.

Will be banned though and rightfully so. Vitoria also deserve punishment for letting a fan do that but that'll be dependent on the what kind of abuse it was.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
From what I understand, they were saying that he is shite.

diarm

From what I can understand from their forum, it seems the fans have been pretty pissed off with him for a while. Aside from not playing very well this season, many of them seem to have taken issue at his very public instagram videos - celebrating Mondays with laughter and jokes, just after they've suffered poor losses against the likes of Rennes and Monaco.

Deleted member 101472

From what I can understand from their forum, it seems the fans have been pretty pissed off with him for a while. Aside from not playing very well this season, many of them seem to have taken issue at his very public instagram videos - celebrating Mondays with laughter and jokes, just after they've suffered poor losses against the likes of Rennes and Monaco.
Which is fair enough that they are pissed off.

kr0nix

Erm if someone is being racist then yeah. What's your issue? :confused:
I would say that is a suitable response to racist abuse, yes.
I once saw a young middle eastern lad getting dogs abuse off two lads in the street. They were calling him Osama bin Laden and asking him was his wife a goat etc. He turned around and knocked one of them out and I thought "good on you mate"!

I know we're all supposed to be better than condoning violence. But sometimes I just can't make myself condemn it.
But who decides what level of verbal provocation is enough to warrant hitting someone?
This doesn't mean I excuse racist behaviour. I think those people are the lowest of the low. But saying that it's okay in some cases for verbal abuse to be answered with vigilante physical assault - that sets a dangerous precedent, and I'm not okay with that.

Bojan11

But who decides what level of verbal provocation is enough to warrant hitting someone?
This doesn't mean I excuse racist behaviour. I think those people are the lowest of the low. But saying that it's okay in some cases for verbal abuse to be answered with vigilante physical assault - that sets a dangerous precedent, and I'm not okay with that.
It doesn't. It teaches the person being racist to think again before opening their mouths.

diarm

I'll do it.

It'll be a pain in the arse obviously but if it helps they can ask me and I'll decide whether a racist feckwit deserved a kick in the head or not. My references include being a white male in my 30's and having been kicked in the head myself on more than one occasion. We could turn it into a tv show like Judge Judy.

Dave89

What level of racist abuse do you think people should be able to engage in with impunity?

Deleted member 101472

I’m pretty confident that two wrongs don’t make a right was one of the first lessons I ever learned in life

MAME DIOUF 32

At his age that probably ends his career. Not the way anyone outside Liverpool would want such a great player and character to bow out.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If the guy was racist then I’m fully behind Pat booting him. Can’t believe any of you are effectively condoning racism.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
If the guy was racist then I’m fully behind Pat booting him. Can’t believe any of you are effectively condoning racism.
Condoning racism by not believing a kick to the head with studs on from a professional football is justifiable? If So, sign me up as a racist supporter.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Condoning racism by not believing a kick to the head with studs on from a professional football is justifiable? If So, sign me up as a racist supporter.
Fully deserved. There’s not many things I’d say require violent action but racism is one of them. Putting milk in whilst the tea bags still brewing is another.

MAME DIOUF 32

We don't know that it was about racism but let's go with it anyway. There are mechanisms in place to punish people for using racist language in a football stadium. A boot to the head isn't one of the potential penalties, nor should it be.