Patrice Evra | Off to Marseille

Status
Not open for further replies.

King.of.Red

lets bring him back as our young full back mentor and dressing room mood lifter. of course not starting 11, he's declined a lot. he loves this game

Last edited:

King.of.Red

Evra is liked by the old guards.

He might not have that effect and chemistry with the new boys.
well I think evra still has big presence in our team as United legend and we know that he can easily interact and get close with new faces just like in juventus team.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
well I think evra still has big presence in our team as United legend and we know that he can easily interact and get close with new faces just like in juventus team.
Human relations isn't that simple.

Bring any old legend of the caf back it doesn't mean the newbie and newer poster will find them amusing.

Besides i find the notion of "he'll be good for the changin room atmosphere" is a bit of bollocks. They're footballer first and foremost, anything else is a bonus and not the other way around. Evra wouldn't want to come here just so that he can crack a few jokes in the dressing room

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Please get him back! :devil:
He'd improve us with his experience, leadership and delivery/overlapping runs that no one on the left seems to be able to provide

Ashley R1+O

Oh yes please! Bring him back as a player coach/consultant! For sure! Patty! :keano:

MounchesterUtd

If, and again only if, Jose really doesn't see a future for Shaw here anymore, may as well cash in on him while he still has value. We should go for the double swoop for Ricardo Rodriguez and Paddy. Add Blind in and that's three solid to average LBs in the squad.

ti vu

If, and again only if, Jose really doesn't see a future for Shaw here anymore, may as well cash in on him while he still has value. We should go for the double swoop for Ricardo Rodriguez and Paddy. Add Blind in and that's three solid to average LBs in the squad.
Just on previous page, there is a link where Mourinho confirmed Shaw future at the club and thus blocked Paddy return.

gica_7

Please make this happen. Even when he is not playing, put him right behind Sir Alex. I want to see more moments like this

Last edited:

MounchesterUtd

Just on previous page, there is a link where Mourinho confirmed Shaw future at the club and thus blocked Paddy return.
I know, but it's not like we'll outright say that we want to get rid of Shaw. In any case, I do hope that he isn't out of Jose's plans yet.

Mike09

Even if he's not quality anymore but I can't see a 35 years old Evra be any worse than Darmian as a left back. He will be great additional that will try to give a push + experience to Shaw. He will also bring a great atmosphere in the team. I will say YES.

OldTrevil

He should come back as a coach and mentor our young squad. Coming back as a player is a non-starter, player/coach with a view to fully join staff in the summer perhaps could work.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Even if he's not quality anymore but I can't see a 35 years old Evra be any worse than Darmian as a left back. He will be great additional that will try to give a push + experience to Shaw. He will also bring a great atmosphere in the team. I will say YES.
a 50 year old Evra couldn't be worse then Darmian.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He was already a burden prior leaving us

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
The idea is good but the reality of it is a bad one. He was a very good player for us and still loves the club but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be, I think he'd struggle with the games.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
As part of the coaching team or in a similiar role, it would be great. As a player no, doesn't have the quality anymore and would look even worse in the PL.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I think he left because of the direction of the team under Moyes. It sounded like a very toxic atmosphere by all accounts. I can imagine those accounts are at least somewhat true given that the first thing Moyes did was fire the coaching staff who had formed good relationships with all the players. If he were to come back I think it would signal that things are good behind the scenes at Old Trafford. I can't see him returning at this stage of his career just to sour good memories.

His coming back, even just for half a season as cover, would be good more so for the positive impact on the other players. We need players who remember the standards of the Sir Alex days and who won't settle for midtable performances.

FujiVice

Love Evra. I'd have him back whatever he wants to do. He's a great man. To see him at Old Trafford, even if its once in a FA Cup game for 10 minutes I'd be there to see it. He's one of my favourite ever players.

VanGaalEra

Omg please make it happen!

Uncle Pat! Great man to have around the team and dressing room.

dann496

I will be happy to have him back for coach or ambassador role which I am sure he will be excellent considering his experience and personality.
But as a player, Evra is done. It shall be wiser if we focus on what we have right now.

MounchesterUtd

As per Di Marzio (yeah, I know) Mou wants him back. Jose knows how to get the most out of aging players. If he gives his go signal, I'm confident this will be a much better outcome than the Basti experiment.

Clas Sified

As per Di Marzio (yeah, I know) Mou wants him back. Jose knows how to get the most out of aging players. If he gives his go signal, I'm confident this will be a much better outcome than the Basti experiment.
Di Marzio is one of the most reliable Italian journalists, is he not? If he says it's on, I believe him.

MounchesterUtd

Di Marzio is one of the most reliable Italian journalists, is he not? If he says it's on, I believe him.
Definitely one of the better ones. He's been hit-or-miss in recent years though, but that might be due to the fast nature of their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.